Archives.com / Paypal / Free Trial Cancelled asap

1 Alpin, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 858-831-1900

Archives.Com/Paypal were both told within 3-4 minutes of joing Archives.com that the information provided by Archives.com was 30--40 years old, completely wrong information and I wanted the service
cancelled asap and my $39 refuned.Paypal said I had to wait the 7 days and complain after they charged
me when the whole point of telling Paypal was the Archives.Com would NOT let me cancel and sellls
information that is way.way, decades outdated and incorrect.
Paypal on the 7th day when I was charged then said I had to cancel within 7 days and it wasnt fraud.
Idiot you Paypal told me 3-4 minutes, yes 3-4 minutes after joining that I coundt complain for 7 days and you couldnt cancel then.

I was ripped off for $39 for garbage information and Paypal is a big SCAM that sides with company 90 % of the time.They owe me $39

Comments

12th of Aug, 2009
    Paypal Mastercard - Wont credit my account
    GE Money Bank
    Baltimore
    Maryland

returned defective computer i purchased on internet. company refused to give me full credit without explanation. contacted credit card company and filled out their forms and returned with proof of purchase and proof that merchandise was returned to vendor. this was on july 11. GE has turned down my claim!

• Pa
      26th of Nov, 2010

Archives.com is a complete """RIPOFF""".They told me they had the infromation I wanted so I agreed thru Paypal
    another scam to try for 7 days FREE. Folks within 3 minutes I noticed Archives.com information was 30-40
    years old, the person nowhere near where I said the person lived and it was way outdated(30-40 years) completely incorrect and WRONG information.
    so I canceled/attemped to many times and they would let me.Paypal was informed wiithin 5 minutes and said they would note the account until I was actually charged..5 minutes after joining and then agreed with Archives that I ordered the Free trial...yes you idiot Paypal..but O told you 4-5 minutes later I couldnt cancel
    and you said you could do anything until I was charged.

TELL ME THIS IS A MAJOR SCAM WITH PAYPAL ND ARCHIVES.COM
    Patrick

30th of Nov, 2010

Peter, I can't speak for Paypal account management practices, but becaise I am part of Archives.com Members Service staff, I can assist you. First, we strive to keep all records as up to date and complete as possible and use the most credible data sources available. Since many records come from sources such as those published by state and county governments, we can make no warranties that everything is completely up-to-date. If you feel a public record is inaccurate the best means of correcting this is to contact the source of the data where that public information originates. This is typically with the local government or municipality. However, per the terms and conditions we both agreed to, we also have a satisfaction guarantee with our service. You could have simply contacted us in one of three ways: our service center number provide on your terms and conditions and website (1-888-896-4442), the Help Center contact page within your account, and our contact us page. Our member services staff is working everday between 7am-7pm, CST (even on holidays) and would have been happy to assist you directly. I have already refunded the amount of $39.95 to your PayPal account on 11/30/2010 11:11 AM, PST. This has processed through our order system and processor. We’ve found that certain institutions take longer to process a refund or reversal back into your available balance. If you do not see the credit post to your account within 5 business days please reply and let us know. A confirmation email has already been sent you as well. Sincerely, James, Member Services.

• Ro
      21st of Jul, 2011
    My Mastercard - Paypal - Travel lodge fraude
    RONALD DAVID DIXON
    Lubbock
    Texas
    Phone: 806-741-1464
    paypal.com

non-authorized charge 411, 69 dollars.

• Hp
      7th of Apr, 2013

• Po
      8th of Apr, 2013

"I just tried several times to cancel my trial membership. EVERY time I tried, I would get an "Oops, something went wrong" message. This is clearly a scam. They won't let you cancel your trial subscription so they can charge you. I will be posting this on my facebook page, to warn others NOT to sign up for a "free" 7 day trial."

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Any way that I attempt to cancel my subscription... "Oops. An error has occured."
    There is no error. The website is working exactly as they intend, and it's a scam. I will be furious if I am unable to cancel my subscription before I am billed.