Aqua Finance / changing of contract

po box 3256Milwaukee, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-2343663
Last year a salesman arrived on my door. Stating he had the newest in water purification. I listened to a 3 hour demo. by the end he promised that I would be showering in Aquafina quality water (after finding out my wife drinks aquafina). Also stated the system was used by Coca Cola. He also promised 8 years of free soap prducts, stating all the hosuehold soaps sold in stores were no good. He also stated the system would help with my sons Exima. After intense begging form my new wife i bought the system. I was able to notice a difference at first, but shortly noticed it was not working how it should. I was aslo told if I moved, the system could be moved to the new address by them at no cost. I recieved about 6 boxes of soap, with the remaining promised to be shipped. After several attempts to contact them, I have found all numbers had been disconnected. and no number to reach them at. The system was a $6, 700.00 doallar system. Needless to say I did not have the money. I was informed that I would be able to get the system for round 10% interest. I was contacted by the person who instaled the system, and found it would be at 17.99%. I was ok with this, Because it seemed like such a great system. Well about the same time I was not able to contact the company that sold the system, Aqua Finance had reaised my interest to 21%. They had also raised my payment to 2.2%. After several phone ccalls to the company, I am still at first base. Still confused. After a year of paying the minimum $136.00 month, I have only paid off about 200 dollars (started 6, 799, now 6, 500. This does not make much sense. they will not even tell me how long it will take to pay this off. After looking at the monthly statement i saw that I had $167 dollar finance charge. They changed my monthly payment to $143.00 month. To my calulations I am not paying off anything, I am adding 15 dollars to my balance every month. After asking for an explanation, they stated it was an estimate, but it clearly says FINANCE CHARGE on the statement. Any help with this situation would be great. I do not looking forward to paying for a system that does not woek properly, and i have to pay all this money for.

Donald

Comments

Mr
  23rd of Dec, 2008
Unfortunately we are going through the same issue, i have found another website where someone else had issues and the "Vice President" of the company actually responded. A warning though he does not sound very helpful.
Mr
  23rd of Dec, 2008
/URL removed/

sorry here is the link
Th
  16th of Jan, 2010
I WILL ANSWER WITH ONE QUESTION, AND I WOULD LIKE YOU TO BE HONEST AND POST IT TO THIS WEB SITE, HOW MANY MONTHLY PAYMENTS DID YOU MAKE ON TIME, AND HOW MANY DID YOU PAY IT AFTER THE GRACE PERIOD(BENEFIT FROM AQUA FINANCE),

IF YOU READ THE CONTRACT IT SAYS ¨REVOLVING¨ SIMILAR TO CREDIT CARD, IF YOUR BANK SENDS YOU A CREDIT CARD STATEMENT AND IF YOU ONLY SEND THEM THE MINIMUN PAYMENT YOU WILL END UP PAYING OFF THE ENTIRE BALANCE DEPENDING ON THE LONGEST TERM OF THE ISSUING BANK.

IF YOU STICK TO YOUR MINIMUM PAYMENT, YOU WILL END UP PAYING IN AROUND 84 MONTHS(USUALLY), NOW, IF YOU PAY THE MINIMUN PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARD, AND YOU PAY IT LATE, WHAT OTHER CHARGES YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO ADD TO THE BALANCE, AND HOW MUCH WILL GO TO THE PRINCIPAL(EASY!)

IT IS ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICAL FINANCE. DO WHAT A GOOD CUSTOMER DOES IN OUR COMPANY, DO NOT STICK TO YOUR MINIMUN PAYMENT. YOU WILL PAY OFF SOONER THE BALANCE OF A CREDIT CARD DEPENDING ON YOU, THE SAME WITH A REVOLVING ACCOUNT IN AQUA FINANCE
Ar
  2nd of Apr, 2010
Filing bankruptcy is the only choice. If you don't, they will come after you like a very hungry and angry lion. Believe me.
  17th of Apr, 2017
I have been looking into this since I noticed that there was a mysterious bill that showed up one day under aqua finance. I have this water system too and was promised all the years worth of chemical free cleaning products as well. Never got my free cleaning products and upon opening this bill it showed this as a line of credit which was never stated when the lady came and my mom was there too. She said all you have to do is pay $100 a month and after two years of that and noticing that the balance was close to the original price which was $5, 000. I tried to contact the company a few times and tried to tell them that I had no documents that the lady must have never gave us them. But originally it was under connexcus and then all of of a sudden these aqua finance bills started showing up. I don't know how to get out of this, and I even contacted my bank and they said the websites did not look legit! So I put a stop payment and now they are saying they are putting a UCC something on the house and that I may not be able to sell or move. I told them that they can come and get the system out of my house because it wasn't that important and I can get another one probably next to nothing. I had just moved to this neighborhood when this lady came to my house and did this water testing and I never heard from them again. I contacted them several times before noticing the change over to aqua finance. The people at Aqua finance sent me a document with my signature but the part about it being a credit line was never conveyed or mentioned when the lady came here. I would have never signed on if I knew it was a line of credit!! And then to see that I was being charged about $70 finance charges which is absurd! I don't pay that much for my car loan! I have been trying to figure this out since about Oct of 2016 and then I find all these complaints but there is nothing new. Can we file a class action lawsuit against them??
  17th of Apr, 2017
@NikkiY Oh and the finance charges are a different price every time! On the paper it says apr % between 5.5 and 17.99 but they never had any intentions of billing anything other than 17.99!
Si
  4th of Aug, 2017
I just got nailed with their raising APR saying I signed and agreed to this. We have no contracts to review, not one single statement mentions a promotional rate period. We pay double payments and they are jumping my rate 8% higher than what I was paying. They said the sales man should have told me. Well he didn't!! I even called and asked why the statement never mentioned any promotional period, he said he didn't know. I asked where in the contract does it mention this? He couldn't tell me. I realized, I never received a contract from them. I asked him to send me the contract and he verified my email and here I am still no contract. It says on all of my statements "Interest charge Calculation - Your annual percentage rate (APR) is the annual interest rate on your account." and it has a rate of 5.99%. So if it is based on annual why is the promotion ending in 9 months? That is not annual rating. How do we get them for misleading and misrepresentation of the lending stipulations? Please advise!!!
  5th of Aug, 2017
I never got anywhere with them. I cintacted the guy who sold it after rummaging through some papers and the copy I had has 0 signatures but then aqua/connexus Swnt me a contract that was signed, through and through. They have called a thousand times and sent numerous threats. I just keep ignoring then cause I dont know what else to do. I was contacted by another consumer minths ago, who was trying ti form a class action lawsuit but cause they lived in georgia and I live in PA there are different laws and he had a different softener system and was approached in a store. He filed in small claims court, and won. Thry cancelled the contract, and he got his money back but I still have yet to find some lwgal representation for myself. Every case is so unique and there are too many companies out there who scam with a different name doing the same thing. They threaten to put a mechanical lien on the house but I found out they can only get what the amount of the item is for. Everything is in my mom's name though. I am the one who takes care of all the household funds, billing, etc.. on her behalf. I've pretty much given up on this getting resolved. I have so much other stressful stuff in my life this is the least of my worries at the moment. GL..

Aqua Finance Logo Aqua Finance