Amerisave Mortgage / Unwilling to keep original agreement.

Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Beware... If you are purchasing a home, Amerisave will find appraisers to match your purchase price BUT if you have equity and want to refinance AMERISAVE finds appraisers who will lower the value of your home. The lower your appraisal the more lending fees Amerisave can charge. They don't tell you this until after they take $35 for credit check, $400 for appraiser and $500 "hostage" fee. The "hostage" fee is to keep you at the mercy of the company when they low ball your appraisal value. The appraiser they sent was their 9 minutes and withing 3 hours turned in a market value $183K below the tax assessed value. Get this...every comp was sold ABOVE the tax assessed value. Explain that? OH... after 20+ emails and 4 voice mails NOBODY will call me back. I have NEVER talked to the loan officer; Marc Cerra. The operator leaves messages but he or his boss will return calls. The operator is kind enought to leave messages with them. They will e-mail you "late" but they will not call you back. Good Luck!

I went through this company several years ago and everything went smooth. They are a different company now. Proceed with Caution! Better yet save the $435 and go to the bank. I suggest staying away from "Online leanders." See you later...I'm heading to the local bank.

Comments

• Mi
      Aug 11, 2009

Amerisave cannot be trusted. They tried to pull a bait-and-switch on me. I am notifying regulators and will be holding them accountable.

• Wa
      Aug 20, 2009

Again, I agree. They are trying to pull a bait and switch on me right now but I am standing firm. I WILL get the rate and closing costs I was locked into or I WILL get my appraisal refund! I WILL NOT get ripped off by a DISHONEST LENDER!

• Ba
      Oct 20, 2009

Based on the numbers you are throwing around you were applying for a conventional loan (either Fannie of Freddie). You can thank the gov't for your low appraisal not the lender. They are bound by the new HVCC requirement that appraisals be blind ordered by an appraisal management company with which the loan officer has no contact with. The appraiser probably came up from Macon (because he was the cheapest) and doesn't even know your neighborhood. Good luck.

Jan 07, 2010

The same thing just happened to me. We had a valid appraisal and the review appraiser took the 3 lowest comps available so Amerisave wanted additional points from us or a higher interrest rate. Luckily we don't have to have this loan because it's a refinance. I am not paying for the appraisal. I was able to dispute it before it was paid. I'll close my VISA account before I pay it. We need a class action suit againist these shysters. How do we do this?

• Ho
      Oct 27, 2010

I totally disagree with you.

The appraiser hired by Amerisave actually came in with the highest value of the four appraisals I got. How did I get 4 appraisals? Well I was shopping for loans and applied for loans with 4 different lenders. Long story. Wasted about $1500 in extra application and appraisal fees, but I had to hedge my bet because Amerisave was slow to lock my rate. Amersave's offered me the lowest rate and the lowest fees of the four offers, absolutely no comparison with the other three lenders I used to hedge my transaction.