American Leisure / Scam billing

My 18 year old daughter was online in August and ordered boots for college. The next thing we know is that there are two $16.95 charges on her bank statement but unfortunately didn't catch the other two the prior month. I contacted the 800 number provided to me by our bank to Easy Saver. I informed them that my daughter never authorized these charges and I want the account canceled and her money refunded.

She proceeded to inform me that she did authorize the charges and the page where she included her email address explained all of it. She said that there was a $50.00 gas card and $50.00 Walmart card for her doing it. Also mentioned that she was mailed, back in September, information on how this worked. I spoke with my daughter and she never received anything in the mail, never received any gas or Walmart card and doesn't even know who these people are.

She said she would cancel the account as of 10/31 and would put in a request to get the latest two charges refunded (will believe it when I see it) and was very rude to me on the phone - unfortunately I did not get a cancellation number from her.

I contacted my bank to dispute the charges and they were basically no help -she told me that if they had something where my daughter entered her email address...then she signed up and they were valid charges. I told her my daughter never signed up and didn't have a clue who they were. She told me my only recourse was to contact Easy Saver/American Leisure to see if I could get my cancellation number and my get a nicer rep.

I called the number again and decided to try their online cancellation which they give you in a recording cancel.myeasysaver.com but when you enter it - it takes you to the Ask.com website.

How can companies get away with this crap.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      28th of Dec, 2009

Thanks for the information. I actually found the website and it was
    cancels.myeasysaver.com

it takes you there to cancel. I'm hoping it worked. My father signed up for something and I'm trying to track down all these companies to put an end to it.

For everyone's future reference they showed up on the bank statement as

Ez Saver 800-262-619 MD (maryland I'm assuming)
    and
    Amer Leis 877-564-853 MD

The first charges were for $1.00, and I haven't seen any additional charges. Not sure how long the "trial" period is since this is my father's account, but I'm hoping I got it in time before any additional charges come through.

Good luck to you all who encounter this.

Amy