American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc / refusal to give full accounting

1 irving texas, United States Review updated:

american home mortgage servicing inc (ahmsi) purchased my mortgage from option one after my wife passed away. they will not talk with me because i am not on the note. they have been given all death certificates, interspousal transfers and recorded deeds 4 times in last few years. they still will not speak with me. there was a problem with my insurance co and they notified amhsi which opened the flood gates. the took out an overvalued policy and charged me for time of insurance lapse. mortgage payments and insurance were all paid. all property taxes were paid as well.. they cashed mortgage payments but did not credit the account and refuse to give full accounting of what they did with cashed checks. late fees have been charged when they were not justified. now they have doubled my mortgage due to an escrow account fee that will last the length of the loan. this amount is more than my total income. meanwhile ahmsi still will not talk to me. an attorney has tried to straighten out the name on the mortgage and they will not talk with her. saying it will take days to resolve maybe even two months. they keep sending correspondence to estate of... but in california there are no probate documents on an inter-spousal transfer (hence no estate). having paid on time every month, & paid over priced insurance lapse they are still beginning foreclosure proceedings without letting me even talk to them. my attorney who is trying to help is giving up. what should have been a simple issue has turned into a nightmare.
the people ahmsi refer you to for help tell you to hire a lawyer. to hire an attorney when you are on social security income is extremely difficult. ahmsi is simply being non-responsive in anything but a delaying manner. multiple letters (9 in a month), letters not responding to my letters, letters mailed 2 weeks after being written, letters with enclosures but without the enclosure, contradictory letters from different people at ahmsi. total flood of confusing mail but never a real answer. there needs to be a class action suit against ahmsi. i cannot be the only one.

Comments

• La
      22nd of Jan, 2010

I am totally in agreement with you maybe we should chat sometime if you have an email I have the similiar situation, I have wrote the New York State Attorney General, The New York State Banking Department as well as the Federal Trade Commission. I wish I could say maybe things will work out but I am also as unsure. Has anyone noticed a corporate adjustment on there statement that American Home cant explain, also as far as accounting they cannot post payment's correctly. I have several missed payment's that cannot be accounted for and this is legal. I think not, complain to your lawmakers, and there are a few suit's I have read about online, as well by the State of Mass and Ohio Attorney General's filing suit's predatory lending practices, discrimination, deception, violating truth in lending. I just would like to know where all my money is, an audit of this company is definitely needed. I am hoping for most of the victim's we will all find justice soon. My advice is to refinance if you can and get out the sooner the better, do not take a loan from this company, I wish I researched Well's Fargo and was not decepted in the beginning of my loan, bad loan's and they are thieves. Truth in Lending Act American Home someone will expose you soon. RMS I hope things get better for you soon.

• Zb
      24th of Feb, 2010

I feel your pain, all of you. I was fortunate enough to find a company that is legitimate. Now I know that the banks the news and government say we shouldn’t go to any company that charges, that the banks will modify your loans for free. Well, how many of us on here have had our loans modified by the banks?

A lot have lost their homes, and lot more still will unless you do what’s necessary to save your homes from the banks. I went through what most of you have, I was there. Then I was referred to Corey Lassiter of Clear Image Financial Group. They saved my home.

I know I would have lost it if it wasn’t for him, Tasha, Denise and the rest of the people who work there. Got me caught up on my mortgage 1st & 2nd, lowered my interested rate & payment, and secured me a 50k principle reduction.

Before anyone else on here loses their homes you need to give them a call 877-940-1477 ext 231. Corey Lassiter. Don’t be afraid of hiring a loan modification company, be afraid of the banks, they are the ones who are taking our homes!

I know they get the job done. News and TV made me afraid to even consider a loan modification company because they are all scams and my lender will do it for free (wrong). There hasn't been not one story about a good company and when I tried to contact my local news channel they told me that my success story wasn't news (What!)

So, I am making it my mission to spread the word on this GREAT company!