American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc / Foreclosed on my home

Took my morgage payment, cashed check, and then said we didnt pay them that month, they then foreclosed on our home, email these people for help, god bless

www.bringaclaim.com

Comments

• Ga
      6th of Oct, 2012

We filed for Chapter 13, 2002, husband was making 55, 000 with his pension from GM and my tax income we were close to $100, 000 a year. Was three months shy of completion when bank job disappeared. Our chapter 13 was given a hardship discharge in 2005 .
    spent over 1000 minutes trying to work out a lower Payment with mortgage company, Countrywide. Every three months I would send in payments to get us some more time, to work out a deal where we could keep our farm house of 25 years. We were paying 1550 a month. They did come back with an payment offer of $1600.
    We had two mortgages with Countrywide, $46000 Main mortgage and a home improvement loan of $50000. Finally in July of 2006 we couldn't make anymore payments and the court ordered the foreclosure.
    We spent the year trying to find a way to finance the home so that we could stay in our home. On the last day of time limit of a year, we found what we thought was an investor, who we could sign over the house too, and he would lease the home back to us for two years.
    We signed over the title and he was to pay off the loans. What he did is pay off the 50, 000 loan and Countrywide sent us two 1099c/s for $46, 000 forgiveness of debt in 2007. I was mad and couldn't figure out why they would do a forgiveness of debt since we sold the home for$135, 000. No money changed hands and what the guy did was Pay off the home improvement loan and then borrowed $120, 000 against the home. He also wanted the property tax credit, so any mail about the house came to the address. He told me to open mail and if it was important send it on to him.
    In may the notices begin to arrive from Trot and Trot . company as he was going belly up and they were going foreclose on the house again. So we gave up and filed Chapter 7 to get out from under his contract to collect money from us until July 2009. We had no hope of staying in our home.
    November 2008 we left the farm and moved up to Houghton Lake, MI. We were able to lease a home and a year later we were able to buy a home on a land contract. Countrywide went belly up and sold all their assets to Bank of America. From the time of sale to Bank of America. They started sending us monthly statements that we owed $46, 000 to them since they had taken over Countrywide assets.
    I got a hold of the Attorney General for the state of Michigan and filed a complaint against Bank of America. They got hold of the CEO and he sent me a letter telling us he was sorry for the inconvenience of the notices. During the time that they sent us letters they were reporting to our credit corps that we were delinquent on our house payment.
    In 2009 I amended our tax returned for 2007, to show the 1099c, , s and ended up paying a lot more into the Federal and Michigan taxes.
    I finally showed proof to the reporting agency's and they removed Bank of American from both my husband and my credit reports Oct. 2012. But we still receive the monthly statements from Bank of American and the statements say we know we can't make you pay the payment, but we can charge you $31.17 for each late payment and they also put their insurance on the farm house for $1700 a year and that is all added to the 46000 and continues to build.
    It sure does seem to me that there is some kind of law suit here. Sure would like to know.
    Carolyn