American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc / loan

1 922 blackburn rdCamano Island, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4253393954

OptionOne & AHMSI, I got behind with OptionOne over a year ago, it took them 6 months to do the follow up on the financial analsys form I faxed to them. I finaly got a loan mod, after I made 6 months worth of payments. Then a pkg shows up at my house, I called them to try and find out why the payments were not lowered and the intrest rate was not lowered as I had been tol it would be. They told me to sign them or lose the house, I was left with no choice but to sign them.
Then I find out a month later that the loan was now with another company, only by the Western Union Instruction that OptionOne had sent would not work. I called and found that the company was not AHMSI, I asked why I was not informed of the change and the new Western Union instructions not supplied, I was told they were mailed to me the month prior. I never received them. I made my payment, on time for the next month I recieved calls telling me I had not made my payment, once I told them to check they said it was there and I would not receive any more calls, this went on for 3 weeks with no break on a daily baisis and multipule times in a day. I had to send them a cease & desist letter to get them to stop.
Then I get notice that my taxes had not been paid, I called and was told they would be paid within the week, this also did not get done, untill they paid the October payment of taxes then they paid them both. They also have the incorrect porperty address, I have asked them over and over to correct the address. They tell me to send in a letter and a letter from the County telling them the property address, I have now done this 5 times and they still have not corrected it! They have now asked my insurance company to change address on the policy, my insurance has also refused to do this as well. They have also sent a letter to the mtg co explaining why they will not change it.
Now I have run into some financial problems, and they are refusing to do another loan mod, since I just did one with their co less than a year ago. I did not do a loan mod with AHMSI it was with OptionOne. So I am going to have to have a company negioate with them as my only option.

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Nov, 2008

Did you know HSBC. Option One and American Home Mortgage Services Inc are one and the same when it comes down to a court battle? I just fouhd this out. We need to organize a class action lawsuit against these crooks!

10th of Nov, 2008

aftr 6 yrs opt 1 decided to raise my pmt by $300.00 a mo. i called & they ask for 2 pay stubs as proof of income to gv me a hardship pkg?? i was told my pmts increased due to ins. & taxes my taxes are still not paid. I did send off the requested documents as my hunband is very ill & life is hard now. But my home is worth ovr $100, 000.00 less now so why an increase in ins. or even taxes for that matter. Well I have a medical collection on my cbr so my ins is up. now i get a ltr ion 10-25 stating forclosure 12-01 so i faxed them for exact documentation now i have done this 3x. Today I called & they sd we moved fax to this# I sd I HAVE MAILED 2 FAXED 1 ALREADY her response was what do you want me to do abt it? I want to no how these people get away with jerking us around until they can take our homes!!!

• Sc
      1st of Dec, 2008

I too had option one and loan mod into the ahmsi company. when i got the docs they had taken escrow equal to two plus years of taxes and ins, which is illegal. I made them redo all the pprwork. The worst part is the call center in INDIA, they never do a thing. dont waste your time with the indian call center, reach out to someone in America to assist you. I will say that i am still in my house and my apr went from 11.35 down to 5% FIXXED! there is hope, you have to be persistant and take notes and record them! if all else fails sue em and file complaints to your state AG

• Or
      3rd of Dec, 2008

well, i fell for option one and ahmsi lies once, i have tried to renegotiate with them, they are insane and are ruining america, this is just the first wave of forclosures, you havent seen anything yet!!! ahmsi, i wouldnt trust them to get anything done, and of course not even get it right once they did it, they are ruthless in their practices, my loan payments kept going up and up, i called them to ask why, and like others they couldnt give me a reason, only that they didnt take enough out for taxes, what a croc, i called my tax accesors office, ahmsi???? wow!!! a bunch of frickin hindues on hash trying to service loans, i wouldnt consider a refi from them at all, they would screw u till the cows come home, especially if your new to buying, or your a first time home owner, i have a arm i was talked into, i was suppose to be able to refi if i didnt or couldnt sell, i cant do either now, i also had a pre-payment penalty( a spank you penalty as i call it) yea, for being a good paying customer for 10 years, and always paying 15 days before payment was due, does that matter to them, no!!! all they want is your money money money, this co. will draw u in and bleeeeed you out, then toss u!!! MAKE EM EAT THE HOUSE THEY STUFFED YOU IN, TAKE YOUR LICKS, WIPE YOUR WOUNDS, AND LEARN FROM IT, AND GET TO REBUILDING YOUR CREDIT, THESE SHARKS WILL BLEED U WITH FAULTY PROMISS, SCREW UP YOUR LIFE, LIE TO YOU, AND JUST DRAW YOUR MISERY OUT, DONT LET IT HAPPEN!!! IF THEY WONT DO WHATS RIGHT, AND THEY WONT, THEY HAVE NO HEART, JUST STUFF THE HOUSE RIGHT BACK DOWN THEIR STUPID STUPID THROATS!!~they are stupid, and greedy for your money, its a good thing you didnt give them your child as collateral, theyd cut your kids throat if he swallowed a penny!!! cut this group loose, rebuild your credit, and next time only go with honest lenders, if there is such a thing!!!

1st of Feb, 2009

They suck big time. I also had the same thing done to me. They decreased my interest rate from 6.75 to 6.00 but the principal is now higher than it was before. I though the loan modification was to lower you principal as well since my house is now worth $150, 000 less than it was a year ago. They are really hard to deal with. No one returns your calls from the retention team and they reject your loan modification each time you apply. Why isn't the government paying attention to this company?????

• So
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I agree this company SUCKS!! talking to an Indian is like talking to a brick wall and gets you nowhere but feeling like you are a nothing to them our situation is almost a carbon copy to the very top post of this page and it is a huge waste of time trying to work with them. I have yet to find an AMERICAN REP to speak to about our loan. they are doubling our monthly payment and telling us that we didnt pay our town taxes or homeowners ins. which BTW was in the rewrite that we are responsible for our taxes and insurance payments and there was NO escrow account. After faxing them the docs proving this we found out the number they gave us was a bogus fax number. I have sent the link to this page to the white house and maybe we ALL should send it to the President to open his eyes on the situation... here is the link to the white house... GOOD LUCK!!
    Keven & Deb

28th of Mar, 2009

EVERYBODY... When you call AHM tell them you wish to speak to someone in the United States, legally they have to give you someone here in the states.They are much more helpful.

• Re

Direct line 214-260-8794
    Fax 866-274-1503

• Ge
      9th of May, 2009

AHMSI may well prove to be liable for individual breaches of contract, written and implied, breach of fiduciary responsibility, complicent in being the cause of stress, mental illness, suicides and/or bringing on stress induced heart attacks, and exacerbating serious alcohol problems, etc. I am convfined and now believe that AHMSI is responsible for inducing the stress that most likely led to my 44 year old sons premature death this year! I will be taking action against AHMSI, et al in the very near future. There are bits and pieces of what my son was forced through as with most of the UBELIEVABLE number of AHMSI COMPLAINTS I am finding all over the internet...

• Me
      1st of Jun, 2009

geezerkatz, let us know about the lawsuit, I too have been put thru the ringer recently and reported them to the Federal Trad Commission 1-866-795-6529. Their practices cannot be legal, the have recieved a F by the BBB.

• Ro
      22nd of Jun, 2009

We have been working with this company after we had worked out a re modification with Citi Residential due to my husband being hospitalized 9 times in less than a year...and at the very last minute our loan was transfered to this company. Our first mortgage payment coupon stated our first payment due was $30, 000.00!!! Thats right 30, 000.00. I immediately called them with a WTF and was told by a very polite man that our loan was still in closing and that figure was a mistake. I asked him if I should make the payment Citi Residential had arranged through our remod and was told no that there was no account closed yet to post the amount to and that we would get closing documents outlining the payment amount etc etc. We never recieved such documents and after going through a lengthy remod with citi residential we understood this could take some time. The next statement we got from them stated that our escrow was short some 500.00. ?????? How can you have an escrow shortage when your loan hadnt even closed yet. Again i called them, and was assured it was an error, and that we would not be penalized for the error. HAHA HAHA!!! The next statement we recieved from them was a statement saying our loan was past due in the amount of $8000.00 ish and 2 days later we recieved notice from a law office that once again our home was on the brink of foreclosure. I contacted AHMSI immediately and got a rude person on the line, I asked to be transfered to a supervisor who was even more rude with a oh well it is what it is attitude pay the amount or we are taking your home. I worked out what i thought was a repayment plan and was told i would receive confirmation within 48 hours. hahaha again... nothing...4 days later i get a call from another woman whose first question was "what are your plans for your home". omg!!! I refered to the previous arrangement only to find out the figures i had quoted for monthly expenses were elevated...my guess so that we would no qualify for reinstatement...so i foolishly redid the reinstatement information with at least a more polite rep and was told the exact amount of my new monthly payments plus i had to send them $4000.00 in one weeks time. I was told I could go on the web site and click accept reinstatement agreement...Guess What????? No such link exsisted. As i am typing this god are they stupid...another rep from ahmsi contacts me and the first stupid question out of thier rude mouth is "what are your plans for your home?" OMG!!! Now I am speaking to another suprervisor at this very moment getting the run around. one way or the other they are going to take my home. Its just a bunch of people trained into scaring you into paying whatever they want...you can hear the other reps laughing and joking and harassing other people while i am on the phone with them...i let the guy have it knowing all to well it wont do any good. I am going to do as much research as i can and then figure out what options i have. given the fact that one hand doesnt know what the other one is doing i am very fearful of just sending them the $4000.00 and then another 2780.00 in 2 weeks. Now i am being transfered to the office of advocacy!!! whooo hooo! because i told them i was going to every state and federal office i can to report them. they are gonna get my home but not with out a hell of a good fight!

• Lo
      5th of Jul, 2009

There is only one way to deal with AHMSI and Option One. Anyone who tries to go it alone will only face defeat and frustration. Get an attorney and pay him/hert heir fee. My story is similar to most above with American Home Mortgage Services, Inc. Abusive phone calls, trying to deal with the call center in India/Pakistan, numerous promises and lies. Trust me it took me 6 months to figure out that I was getting nowhere with AHMSI. I sent my backup documentation to them 3 times, only to find it was lost or missing. No caseworker ever assigned. Couldn't even talk to anyone in U.S. without being on the line for an hour or more. (who has time for that) Twice I was told I didn't qualify for loan mod because I didn't make enough money. I could go on and on but the net of it is. Get a good real estate attorney and pay him his buckos. It cost me $1500 but within 2 weeks I got an offer from them and got my rate reduced from an ARM at 10.25 to fixed 5.5 30 year note. AHMSI only responds to legal action. Don't waste your time doing anything else. Wish you the best.

Found my attorney for Texas at:
    http:www.eliminate-foreclosure.com

• Sb
      17th of Jul, 2009

Good for you my friend! I do agree that an attorney is the way to fight these ###! Some of us are try to recruit enough AHMSI customers to file a Class Action suit. Pray that it's going to happen. I'm mentally and physically stressed out by this company.
    [email protected]

• Wr
      25th of Jan, 2010

This is awesome! We have already started this process with our lawyer.( high profile)
    Please take a moment to look at our complaint and respond to it. The more people on board the stronger the case will be. My e-mail address is [email protected]

• Wr
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Our lawyer is in deposition for the next two weeks. The IT person is working with the web designer to allow information from visitors to the site to be added in certain areas. Sorry it is tking longer than expected. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Kevin & Tracy

• Fa
      6th of Dec, 2010

We are in the same situation as everyone here. I hope my Post Helps. We have been trying to get the Making Home Affordable Modification. After six months of "Under Review" and calls I was finally sick of it. We are in danger of loosing our home, and can barely put food on the table. The Loan modification was only supposed to take 60 days at the most! What I did is this: Wrote a letter to David Applegate, The CEO of American Home Mortgage about our Loan Modification and their Dishonest Practices (PS When calling American Home Mortgage, ask for the US Office. These calls go to India, and these people don't know Crap!). Wrote a letter to our Local Congressman. Wrote a letter to the District Attorney General of the State of California. Well, guess what! Our congressman gave American Home Mortgage a call, and 2 weeks later, our Modification was finalized! We are now on the trial payment. If they screw this up, I will be sure to then write our Congressman, the CEO of American Home Mortgage, The State Attorney General and the Better Business Beuru. They only way these people will do something, is if you get the goverment involved! I hop this helps anyone.

28th of Dec, 2010

I am absolutely disgusted with AHMSI! We have never been late with our mortgage payment in the four years we've been with them and Option One.

They have treated us like invaluable numbers as it relates to a particular business matter. It has just been horrible!!!

I am writing the CEO, David M. Applegate today at:

American Home Mortgage Company
    520 Broadhollow Rd
    Melville, New York 11747

The Better Business Bureau will hear from me too as well as the White House!

[email protected]