American General Finance / Harassment

I took out loan for transmission 90 days i payed all but 145.00 1 month over paid in full extra 5.00 for interest for being late on 145.00. They took me to court i lost had to pay full amount of interest of 1350.00. Not only did they get interest they had a corrupt judge made it a total of 688.00 so if you think your right it don't pay to go to court they have lawyers and corrupt judges. You can imagine how i fill about our court system it stinks American general can go straight to ***. I will get back at them if its the last thing i do watch for it I'm pissed.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      27th of May, 2009

I also got a loan with the American General Finance in Lancaster, CA. I purchased the unemployment insurance and recently lost my job. I called to activate the insurance and they said it would take 30 days before they would make a payment. So they called and said a payment was late even though I thought the account was current. One of their employees showed up at my home to inquire about the payment and let me know they would take me to court for it. I reminded them of my financial situation and that I would catch up that one payment when I started receiving unemployment benefits. They said that was unacceptable and they demanded the money. At this point, I told them to do what ever they wanted and I was going to wait for the insurance to pay. My other creditors have all been professional and helpful when it came to catching up payments while I was waiting for the unemployment insurance to pay. I went back through my statements later and realized they did not credit a payment to my account and also noticed that they have misapplied payment amounts to my account in the past. Of course, I called to complain and they denied any knowledge that the payment was not applied. I had to go through months of bank statements to see what I had paid and when I paid it. They still have not acknowledged their mistake. They also proceeded to call everyone I put on my loan application when I did not immediately answer the phone when they called. The insurance is paying now, but they still call me every month for the payment and I have to tell them to check their records. I should I have known they would not be helpful when I activated the insurance. Before, when I was working they would call me days before the payment was even due(at work of course) to find out when I was making a payment. I will never use them again and I have told everyone I know not to EVER use them.