Idearc Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Idearc — unethical sales technique

Unethical sales techniques, , , , my business has been advertising with verizon since 1999, then Idearc take...

IdearcUnethical sales techniques

The salesman for Idearc quoted my employee a price for direct mail advertising. The salesman did not specify that the price was actually times twelve. By the time that I realized what was being "pulled" and confronted the salesman I was in deep, over $10, 000.00!
The salesman's response was "sorry for the miscommunication ". My advise is to avoid Idearc and it's afilliates, better yet turn and run as fast as you can.

• Di
    Diane Jun 06, 2016

I received a quote from my rep from Idearc which included XYZ. The book came out and it did not include Z. I talked to numerous reps at Idearc and they all stated that my contract matches my ad and they cant help me. My contract is all codes that me nothing to me. I have emails confirming what my ad should entail for that price. But they are stating that they believe my rep over me even ignoring the fact that I have email confirmations.

I will not advertise with them every again. Take the free listing. Nobody looks in a book anymore.

• Du
    duidog Jun 06, 2016

Last August, 2008 I agreed to try their pay per click program to advertise my business locally. When the rep and I agreed to some parameters we were recorded as to the deal. They repeatedly attempted to over bill me and each time I had to make several phone calls to get the money refunded back to my credit card. I never could identify what they were doing for me and repeatedly asked for reports and sources of or sites where they assisted me. NO ANSWERS.

I told them I was finished with them. They then claim I have a one-year contract. Bull. I say show me. They say listen to this and play the agreement. Upon which I said, "and where does it say I committed to a year?" Answer, "well, that would be what the rep explained to you." Wrong.

Finally, my credit card company re-issued my card and they were no longer able to debit it. I called after they sent me a cancellation letter and said, great, thanks for canceling me. Now more BS starts with: 1. we bill after the month's activity so you still owe us; 2. you must cancel in writing; 3. collection agency calls daily...Hey, I've canceled verbally just like I signed up, I've sent a letter canceling, and all I get is, "we have to call you every day."

I frankly don't mind them calling me every morning as it gives me an opportunity to blow off some steam and give them some abuse back. What a load of crap this company turned out to be!

• Id
    Idearc Jun 06, 2016

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: [email protected]

Your Full Name and Title:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• La
    Lady of Braids Jun 06, 2016

I am an self emplyed Mother of 3 HAir Stylist and childcare provider. After a year of trying to get my business i fially said yes. Since I moved here from California it is not that simple to promote my business. I tried Idearc. For the first 3 months I thought there was going to be a mail out but there was none even though I got a bill. Then someone called me saying that they had to go on my website to get my phone number. Cause the phone number on the flyer was wrong. I told her when she came to bring the flyer. She did and it was not the way I wanted it. It was ugly and it had the wrong number. I called several time to the claim dept. They said I was to get credit and they would correct the change(cause I still wanted the services) Several times that they did mail out still had the ugly flyer and wrong number. The bill still kept coming. Then I talked to the superviser severla times. and still the same mistake, even after I told them to get lost . I have a bill over $2, 000. This has been goin on for over 6 months. I don't know if its on my credit or they disregarded it like they told me cause they been bad business anda lier. Now I have to make my flyer myself and go on foot to promote. I still have the flyer just in case. Anyone know what I should do?

Resolved IdearcIDEARC RUN AWAY! NEVER DO BUSINESS! NEVER BUY STOCK !

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!THEY TRICK YOU TO SIGN BY VERBALLY PROMISSING " GREAT SALE" and in fact all they sell is FAKE< FRAUD, and, SCAM!!!They refuse canceling even after you had sent certified letters!Please keep all doc. have the name of the person or his signature ready. They are thousands of us beiong harrast by this UNETHICAL, HIDEOUS, CORRUPTIVE, LYIERS!!!WE SHALL STAND TOGHERE AND ALL FILL A CLASS ACTION!!!THEY NEED TO GO!!!. Call FTC, FBI, local police, THEY VIOLATE CONSUMER LAWS, CONSUMER RIGHTS, FEDERAL LAWS!!!

Resolved Idearcyellow pages auto renewal

My son, too, was victim of IDEARC'S Yellow Pages advertising contract. He made an ORAL contract with their sales rep for a one-year-ad. He informed them on the phone that he'd been wasting his $ on the ad, which had produced 0 results. He paid the bill in full 6 mos early. He told them not to re-print the ad. As this contract departs from the industry standard, he never read the small boilerplate clause in the contract giving IDEARC the right to either continue or not, without notice, at their whim, but places all the burden on the buyer to cancel in writing. They claim that they have no record of the verbal cancellation. They also claim to have sent a communication late last year giving him a copy of the ad and the opportunity to "opt out". Never happened. I've reported this to the Dept of Consumer Affairs, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. They'll start a class action suit if enough complaints are made. PLEASE COMPLAIN TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS!

• Id

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Js
    JScottP100 Jun 13, 2009

I too am a victim of this. My ad was auto-renewed on a business that is closed and I never got the letter they said they mailed. I will complain to Consumer Affairs and I will let EVERYONE know about my experience with AT&T/ Yellow Pages. I have talked to 3 other business owners about this already and ALL 3 have experienced the same thing.