American Engine Installations / Fraudulent company

United States Review updated:
American Engine Installations
I had my Longblock engine replaced 4/19/06 and the engine had a 50, 000, 3 year warranty on it. I went tot he repair shop where my engine was installed and the doors wee locked and the telephone number was disconnected. I did some research on the internet nd came up with a company called Engine Solutions who had the exact same number that was listed on my original receipt from American Engines [protected]. I called the number to asked i they were affiliated with American Engines and they told me tht American Engine went out of business over a year ago. They cagev me a number to call which happens to be an ex-Regional Manager for American Engine who has opened up shop under a different name, (Auto Engine Exchange Inc), who told me that Engine Solutions is actually American Engines but are telling people that they are not. I am having problems with the longblock engine I replaced in my car for $3000.00 and I cannot find American Engines in order to make good on the warranty which expires 4/19/09. I need some help with this matter.

D  14th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
American Engines Installations went bankrupt as a result of a crooked franchisee in Colorado named Tim Gemelli. Mr. Gemelli did not follow the terms of his Franchise Agreement with American Engines Installation & as a result the owner of American Engine Installations - John Hartnack has been fined by the Attorney General of Colorado because Mr. Gemelli did not have the net worth that Mr. Hartnack had. Due to Tim Gemelli's misdeeds the Attorney General of Colorado has Mr. Hartnack paying $10, 000.00 a month while Mr. Gemelli pays nothing - even though it was Mr. Gemelli's greedy business practices that outraged HIS Colorado customers. Mr. Hartnack employed many people nationwide & as a result of one GREEDY franchisee, Mr. Hartnack has had to layoff over 50 people while NOTHING has happened to Mr. Gemelli.
D  6th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
THE MAN JOHN HARTNACK HAS BEEN RIPPING PEOPLE OFF FOR ALONG TIME, Its funny with all the complaints that this is the only one that says something nice well for every one infomation the Renee that wrote this is an employee of Mr. Hartnack his right had lady, his bookkeeper, so she would say something nice since she is getting paid to do so.

Beware of Mr. Hartnack's businesses he has or is in the process of filing bankruptcy under AMERICAN ENGINE INSTALLATIONS, however he is still doing business as ENGINE SOLUTIONS/AUTO ENGINE SOLUTIONS in Texas and Louisiana and as FLITELINE ENGINE in ARKANSAS. Everyone who wrote a complaint did you know he also owned the engine company so no wonder he could get back up when he charged a core charge whether legiate or not. Also all his engines came with roller lifters another fraudlent charge to his costumers.

I know this and can prove this because I am an employee and several other employees has wanted to tesify but got dismissed by his fancy dancy lawyer as disgruntled employees.
But there are plenty of us who knows and are willing to tell the the truth. Everything Texas and Colorado accused his of his true and they should have gotten more monies from him. He settled because he knew his was guilty and micro manages everything including his franchisee so he knew what Tim was doing he just didn't like that he got caught.

So BOOWOO Ms. Hardy lie for the man all you want.

A  6th of Jul, 2009 by
Hey Sandra I agree with everything you said about american engine installations, Auto Engine Exchange has been doing a great job and has help me with my engine problem from American Engine So if you are still having problems give them a call and they will help you and do it right I am very satisfied with their work and recommend them Highly. Sorry you were ripped off too. My Engine was replaced about 4 months before they shut the doors and had nothing but trouble with the engine until Auto Engine was able to help me. So just give them a call and by the way they are doing business as Auto Engine Solutions or Engine Solutions in Fort Worth and other locations in Texas and I beleive other states. I was also informed that Fliteline is part of the companies owned by the same person(forgot his name)

Hope this helps.
Vicki Patton
A  14th of Sep, 2009 by
I was also taken by American Engine out of Oklahoma city. I have tried to call flightline engine/engien solutions and they are telling me that the ocmpnay is owned by a trust and that John Hartnack doesnt even have anything to do with it. I am looking at getting a class action law suit against them here in OKC. The people at Engine solutions were VERY rude and told me that usually when a company goes out of business, that the warrenty is null and void. I see he has a long history of scamming people. Please contact me if you are also interested in joining the lawsuit!
A  13th of Oct, 2009 by
I had my engine replaced/rebuilt by American Engines - Fort Worth at 178K miles and $3127. At 197K miles (19K miles) the engine went out.
Two blown head gaskets
No exhaust manifold gaskets, silicone used
Exhaust manifold studs siliconed into damaged holes, 2 bolts broken
Intake manifold gaskets siliconed on (leaking at thermostat)
Thermostat no gasket installed, silicone used
Intake manifold bolts not secured
Head bolts loose, finger tight
Both engine coolant senders broken
A/C compressor and alternator brackets broken
Since this catastrophic failure was in my work truck (Lawn Service) I needed it fixed ASAP. I took it to my mechanic and he charged $1263 to fix it, citing the poor workmanship that caused this catastrophic failure.
I called the number and Mike said they are now American Engine Solutions and would not honor the 3 year 50, 000 engine warranty.
Can I submit a claim to the bankruptcy court?
John at 817.524.5534 or jdodenhoff@sbcglobal.net
A  30th of Oct, 2009 by
I too was a victim in Arizona. I actually sued them and won a fairly large settlement in Arbitration. Only thing is thier bankrupt and I am sick of paying attorney fees. This was a piric battle if anything. I am intereted in joining a lawsuit.
A  7th of Apr, 2010 by
Someone needs to put these thieves out of their misery once and for all. What ever happened to The Equalizer? He would have done the job.

My aluminum head, rather than being cleaned, was spray-painted silver spray paint, (right over the old grease)! The paint started flaking off in the first day. I looked into the piston chambers before running the engine, to see if the pistons were new, as promised. They were dirty and scored, as if never being removed. On the plus side, the motor runs now, but for how long?
April, 2010...Just over 2 years later.
New Report: the head gasket is blown after under 20, 000 miles. I am not surprised, since the head was never resurfaced. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! I am going to have the head redone at ***************************. People there know exactly what they are doing, and not like the spray painters at American Engines, because they are about making money at YOUR EXPENSE. Don't beleive the other reviews, they are probably planted by employees or owners, but they are terrible and I will post negatives all over the internet to bring these A-holes down. I felt bad putting that engine back in my car when it was "finished", but I feel especially bad about it now that I have to sell it after 20, 000 miles with a blown head gasket, after spending tons of money with these fools. Actually, if you read the next review, you can tell it was planted by someone with the company.

Anywhere these guys go, do not trust any business owned by John Kenneth Hartley
He is a true piece of "work" but I think you know what I am saying.