American Board for Certification of Teachers Excellence / Rip Off!!

1225 19th Street NW Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036, Washington DC, DC, United States Review updated:

American Board for Certification of Teachers Excellence does not abide by the equal employment law at the workplace. Staff members and or contractors are abused, mistreated and discriminated. Teachers are also scammed for their money, there is poor customer service as no one responds to our requests. ABCTE is a joke and a scam. Stay away from it.

Ti

Comments

• Wi
      12th of Jan, 2015

Christopher Lewis, the sales rep for ABCTE is a LIAR ! He told me that I could try the course for 3 months then get out if needed. After 90 days he refused to let me out of the coursework. he continued to bill my VISA card $267 per month . When I called him at his toll free number he said: "I have to pay my debt and so do you" He lied to me!! I am just sick to death over this. I had to close my credit card and get a new one I want him FIRED !!!
    -William Banks
    ex-ABCTE student

6th of Nov, 2015

Dear William,

When you had signed our installment contract it is listed in our terms and conditions, of which you had agreed to by signing, dating and mailing back, that you cannot un-enroll with installment plan option. I have attached our installment plan (not yours as that would have personal information on it, but the one that you had signed) that states this. I take this as an attack on my character, and find this comment truly slanderous. I did not say that, nor would I ever say that to a student. Your dishonesty is truly offensive, and a misrepresentation of how I do business, as well as how American Board does business . I ask that you remove this before I request Complaintsboard.org to do so, as this is slanderous in tone, and simply a lie.

All the best,

6th of Nov, 2015

ABCTE Installment Plan

• Ji
      28th of Jun, 2017

Seems Christopher lowered himself to the level of the complainant. It is a rough way to go for teachers who must pay a for-profit business which provides adequate, but not very good materials.

21st of Apr, 2018

I agree with you guys! I graduated college with honors, got a tutor, followed the horrible (not lined up with the tests) materials, and took online classes thru Khan Academy and yet I am $2700 in the whole, having paid for 2 Ptk retakes and 2 multisubject tests. I received an email saying that my ptk test was under review and had to submit a 5 paragraph essay and they passed me. However, after all of the classes and tutoring, I failed yet again and being a preschool teacher with 3 kids of my own, I cannot afford the renewal fee or another retake . I have prayed & cried and I don't know what to do. I contacted the Arkansas State department of Education and they are supposed to be checking this for me. I'm praying that this company will be honest because I Truly believe it's a mistake, I would not say otherwise.

• Ji
      22nd of Apr, 2018

Indeed it seems Christopher has lowered himself. I attended the accreditation course and got mostly what I bargained for. Some of the training is good, and I feel I am a better teacher as a result of it. There was some confusion on steps, and the materials got revised in the middle of my course, making it even more difficult to keep on task of what was required. Passed both exams on the first try though, even though the essays were just a pass.

• Al