Amadeus Home Music School / no refund no teacher

Sparta, NJ, United States Review updated:

BEWARE: Unfortunately, I join the majority in their opinion of these thieving scam artists - Judging by the comments posted here, I can kiss any hope for a refund goodbye. My story: I paid up front for guitar lessons. Our "teacher" was reliable at first, then cancelled and "doubled" the lesson times on numerous occasions. Our "teacher" was actually a forklift operator moonlighting and had no formal schooling. I wanted my son to learn to read music and the chords. Neither was ever taught. What was taught, were some heavy metal tunes. Most of the lessons consisted of my son watching the teacher play away on my son's own guitar. We did develop a relationship with this "teacher" and being ignorant of the art of music teaching, I naively re-enrolled for another course at 880.00 About three months into the roller coaster ride of lesson rescheduling, Our "teacher" became very unreliable, cancelling last minute 4 weeks in a row. When I called to ask for another teacher, I was assured one would be provided. Alas, The one provided was even more unreliable and never even made it at all. The second reason left on my answering machine for cancelling was: "I forgot I have a gig in Manhattan tonight, maybe we can get together next week.
Enraged and frustrated, I spoke with Donna (who seems to serve in the capacity of kindly jerking people off) who assured me that she would speak to "Jason" (who I am now certain is fictional) and I would be satisfied with their "solution". About 2 weeks and 6 emails from me later, Donna left an extremely long and sad story on my voicemail at work: "Now I really know why Joe (the latest loser no show "teacher") didn't show, It turns out his mother is very sick and dying in California and he moved back so that explains why he could'nt make it to you" HUH????? That's my sad story, I am owed money, haven't been contacted and join those who would be interested in putting these thugs out of business.

Comments

D8
  17th of Jul, 2009
I signed up for piano, guitar, & violin. It was going REAL great although my guitar/piano teacher did nothing but talk theory and after 3 lessons of each I asked for a new teacher which they could not produce so I added my remaining lessons to the violin as this teacher Joseph was AWESOME! Unfortunately, I had to have surgery and had to take a break from lessons for a few months. By Jan. 09 I let the company (Donna) know that I was signed off by my doctor and could start back up again for my final 12 or so lessons remaining. She said great I will let your teacher know. After a month of waiting, I called again, and by then Donna's # left another person's # as contact, upon calling that one, it was out of service. I have placed 26+ emails in and a dozen call messages to my teacher and no one has responded. I am owed nearly $700.

I would love to get my lessons complete or money back. Anyone interested, please contact me:

Nicole D8Nicole8L8E@gmail.com