allyourmusic.netpurchasing an iphone for $1

1 Review updated:

I paid $1 for a promotional iphone 6 from the above company but when they sent a receipt, I gathered that I had inadvertently signed up for a membership to their music program for 79.99 euros per month. This I never agreed to or sighted the membership until I got the emailed receipt so I am the victim of a scam. I have emailed them but am very distrustful as I gave them my credit card details and am now arranging for my bank to block any payments to them. I am now very worried about whether they will pass my credit card details to others. Please advise .
Ann Cahill
[protected]@iinet.net.au

An
Jan 18, 2015

Comments

• Au
      Jan 19, 2015

yesterday I made the same mistake. worse I sent also driver licence and utility bill as requested. The ads still on the Yahoo.com.au front page, I sent email to yahoo legal contact yesterday but no reply and ads still ON.

Jan 19, 2015

I made the same mistake yesterday following the Yahoo.com.au front page 'news item'. I cancelled my card soon after, sent complaint to Yahoo legal too but no reply and Yahoo front page still has the ads there!

• Vi
      Jan 22, 2015

Same here, I was charged AUD 117 from All Your Music after I paid EUR 1 for the iPhone 6 promotion, I have emailed them to cancel my subscription but no reply.

• Sk
      Jan 23, 2015

glad i read this now

• Da
      Jan 25, 2015

I fell for it as well, I read the terms and conditions and it said that if you cancel within 3 days then they won't charge you so I thought purchase trial, get phone, cancel membership. However I got wise to it when I read that they want my driver's license and then looked them up on scambook. Apparently they don't respond to any email or phone correspondence. If you're super frightened like me then try emailing them at [protected]@allyourmusic.net but yeah probably best course of action to block payments to them or outright cancel your card. Anyone that can save us let us know you can message me at [protected]@hotmail.com Good luck to all who got tricked that everything works out. I really should stop being so gullible ahah

• Be
      Jan 27, 2015

I also fell to the same scam, to their music program for 79.99 euros per month. I was automatically subscribed. To be honest I am always cautious about getting anything from the internet but this just seem too good of a deal to miss out on. I did get charged $1 EURO from my credit card but I rang the bank and CANCELLED my Credit card so they wont be able to suck anymore money out of me. Should have done more research about this before giving my credit card details away, Oh well I will just have to get back to my cautious ways again.

• Wh
      Jan 28, 2015

Oh no. I just did it tonight, I saw that there was a guy from wellington that had done it and actually got his 3 days later

• Oz
      Jan 29, 2015

Now the 29th of January and Yahoo is still playing this add. I got sucked in this morning; also with license, luckily no utility bill. Reported my license "stolen" and cancelled my Credit Card.
    Because this News item was on a trusted site like YAHOO 7 - was endorsed by NORTON who also didn't pick anything up on this scam. Even the "All your Music" website has the green Norton tick of approval. How can this be?
    Have rung Yahoo 7 in Sydney - still waiting for a call back - NOT LIKELY
    Looks like a great item for the News - but let's not use Channel 7 - could even be a case of holding Yahoo 7 responsible for our loss and living with the insecurity of one day loosing our identity.
    Anyone like-minded people can contact me at [protected]@y7mail.com

• Nz
      Jan 29, 2015

I almost got sucked in till it said $1 used and I'm from New Zealand so I didn't bother giving credit card details out, I did however give my name and address, will that still count as subscribing?

• Ky
      Jan 29, 2015

My dad was telling me about this last night and he said it's legit. After reading the article of how a guy from Wellington actually received a phone thought might aswell. Gave my Cardnumber along with my name and address but it gave me an error maybe because my money in my bank wasnt enough. only got $3 in my credit but they took the $1USD and cancel all the process. Too good to be true indeed, who would give out an iphone for a dollar?

• Pa
      Jan 29, 2015

what I'd like to know is do you still receive the iphone? it's still a really good deal if you only have to pay for 1 month of subscription. I've read the terms and conditions and it all looks pretty legit, who knows though.

• Pa
      Jan 29, 2015

oh i see, it just enters you in a contest to win a 1 dollar iphone. 1 in 500 participants win.

• Wi
      Jan 31, 2015

Its a scam!!
    Its taken multiple amounts from my account even after i sent many emails requesting my membership to be canceled.
    Dont be fooled and make the mistake many of us have by trusting yahoo and the norton green tick of approval

Feb 01, 2015

I thought it was a legitimate article and sent my credit card details and address. I realized something was not right and immediately cancelled my card.

• St
      Feb 02, 2015

Oh ohhh i just did it now and the 1$ turns into $3.32 nz so it showed up in my account transactions. Then i go back to the terms and conditions and its got some dodgy spelling. The peoples testimonys have spelt all your music in exactly the same format. Dam i suck i def got fooled. Im cancelling my card now!! Wankers lol

• Al
      Feb 02, 2015

I AGREE TOTALLY, I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. WE SHOULD NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS!!! I JUST SIGNED UP ON THURSDAY 29/1/2015 AND SENT NUMEROUS EMAILS AND EVEN PHONE CALLS TO THEIR "UK" NUMBER BUT HAVEN'T GOT A REPLY. THEY ARE A SCAM!! EVERYONE STAY AWAY. TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ALL YOUR MUSIC.

I THINK WE SHOULD GATHER A NUMBER OF PEOPLE TOGETHER AND FILE A DISPUTE!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

• Co
      Feb 02, 2015

I entered for the I phone on January 17th but as soon as I read about the Allyourmusic contract I cancelled the same day.
    A couple of days later I received an email from them saying an issue has been raised. But I have now found my bank account has been charged $!.45 x 3 times as well as a charge of $116. Credit card gets frozen now. I have sent an email asking for a refund of the money. Hahaha

• Al
      Feb 02, 2015

Can anyone tell me how to cancel the membership?

• Pm
      Feb 02, 2015

I've been scammed too. I paid the $1 but never sent any information when I realised about the subscription, I sent them an email saying "do not subscribe, please cancel any subscription" received an auto response and today I see I have been debited the subscription. I'm about to send a request for a refund and try to find a way to get Yahoo involved coz they haven't take the ad down despite people being scammed day after day ...please tell me if anyone is successful at getting refund?

Feb 02, 2015

It looks like I am not the only one to be fooled by this website...So far they have charged my initial $1 three times and though request for cancellation was received 27th Jan they still charged my credit card for the subscription two days later...I have received a response from them advising that they have cancelled it, however they reckon they have made no further charges...I have contacted my bank and advised that I didnt authorise these charges..I guess the motto is, if it looks to good to be true, stay away...

• Hu
      Feb 02, 2015

I saw the add on Yahoo website. I read people comments, and apppeared to be true. So I paid $1 for new iPhone 6 at the end. The payment did not go through, I tried a few times, then payment was succeeded. I got an email from them right away. After reading subsciption $79.99 per month, I immediately replied to their emai and wanted to cancel my subscription as of yesterday 02-02-2015. No email reply from them, and my daughter informed me it is a scam. I contacted my bank credit card and put a stop on my credit card. The bank told me I was charged twice of $1.47. I am going to cancel my credit card, as it is not safe any more. They already know your card number.
    The bank told me it is difficult to get a refund as it is wide world internet. Hard to trace where it came from. The best way is to cancel your card.

• Ki
      Feb 03, 2015

Signed up for this bout 5 mins ago BEFORE I fully read the Terms and Conditions. As soon as I finished reading them, I called my bank and cancelled my credit card. They told me that there were already 2x charges pending for $1 but I'm happy to wear that cost for my own stupidity. Dammit, thought it was real!!

• Mi
      Feb 03, 2015

They have picked up 116 AD from my card twice!!!
    What the hell!
    How should we sue them?
    How come! It looked to be a trusted website!

• Mi
      Feb 03, 2015

I too have been scammed :( I've cancelled the credit card and disputed the $120 membership charge because as soon as they asked for ID and a bill I sent a cancellation e-mail. Still have no response from them and doing a news search on yahoo this morning the article has disappeared. I'm guessing on advise from yahoo legal. I'm interested to know where yahoo stands on this and what options are available to us who have put faith in yahoo to be a trusted source of information. live and learn I guess there response will be :(

• Cr
      Feb 03, 2015

I also fell for this! Can't believe my own stupidness!!! It looked so legitimate to me and I feel embarrassed to admit it! I have cancelled my credit card and I will report it to ACORN Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting network. As I was particularly stupid enough to send my A copy of ID I will also ask for a free credit rating report from someone like Veda - the scammers can apparently use you details for obtaining credit, setting up accounts and other criminal activities : IDENTITY FRAUD! Oh no what have I done???

• Da
      Feb 03, 2015

Just saw that deal as well .. If you read terms and conditions and to what you agree to ... it is all there. Really it is your fault for skipping terms and conditions .. nest time make sure you read it before giving your credit card away ..

Still a good deal thou ... If you really got your iPhone 6 - it is defiantly not a scam

• Hi
      Feb 04, 2015

I also have been scammed. This should not be appeared on Yahoo front page. I paid $1 on 01/02 and cancelled the order next day but they still charge my card $116 for subscription.

Him

Feb 04, 2015

You realize you have to agree to pay the monthly charge before confirming? How is this a scam? You people are just stupid

Feb 04, 2015

You realize you must confirm that you will pay for the membership before putting the transaction through? This is not a scam, this is people being stupid

• Go
      Feb 05, 2015

This is a scam.stupid thiefs i was told i was only gonna be charged for $1 euros and now my account is charged $131 NZD why is this company or whatever you call yourselves living off other peoples swet??you ### and a bunch of thiefs you can all go to hell

• La
      Feb 05, 2015

Hooi, been scammed too. That $1 turn into $ 130.00 overnight. Contact my bank cancel my card, but she said they can still take the money even if you cancel the card. Help please .

• La
      Feb 05, 2015

Looks like I'm not the only one who has been scammed, my $1 turn into $130 overnight. Contact the bank and cancel card hope ita will work. Anyone got refund yet?

• Ws

ROTTON CHEATING THIEVING MUNGRELS HAVE STOLEN MY RENT

Feb 05, 2015

But did you guys receive this iPhone, or not?

• Xo
      Feb 06, 2015

They don't respond and never will, I got scammed out of $120. I have been ailing for over a week and nothing. I now do not have funds to pays rent, I was already a starving student. I was going to call but it would charge me even more for the ridiculous long distance, I need to fight this but I'm overly tired with it. If anyone has any luck or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! cyrina.[protected]@yahoo.com

Feb 07, 2015

Wow! must admit this was a good one, (probably making me feel a little better for falling for it), same story here with following Yahoo7 ad on front page then reading "actual comments" of others who had received this "too good to be true deal". registered details then sent copy of licence and utility bill. DOH!... How do we go about taking action to either 1. catching these guys? 2. ensuring they don't steal our identities? or 3. obtaining a bloody iPhone 6 out of them haha??? I am happy to work with others on trying to resolve this.

• Rh
      Feb 08, 2015
    allyourmusic.net - debit on my account
    Allyourmusic.net

I was curious when I received an email that iphone 6 plus is just for 1$. So I just filled up for that promotion because for a 1$ it is not a bag bargain though. when I checked on my account, 121.75 $ was debited with this 5009 Allyourmusic.net + 4420 Valletta 79.99 Eur Inc O/S fee $ 3.54.

• My
      Feb 08, 2015

I fell for this also then after paying the 1 month subscription and showing my id I got this email "Thank you for sending us the documents required. Unfortunately, you can no longer join the competition because you were unable to complete the payment for the membership.

Rest assured no further charges will apply.

Best Regards,
    Team All-Your-Music"

They took the $1.40 aud 3 times and the $57 aud for the subscription and when I complained and said I wanted all monies refunded they said that in the fine print I authorised my card to pay the subscription, nothing I can do now. I wonder if you seek legal advice can anything be done?

• My
      Feb 08, 2015

There is also a new one on yahoo front page with a different name it is radio planet

• Oz
      Feb 09, 2015

Today 10 February and Yahoo are at it again...SCAM merchants.
    I have started to collect details from others scammed by Yahoo ads. email me at [protected]@y7mail.com
    Have sent a letter of complaint to Yahoo and Channel 7 last week, still waiting for a reply. If I haven't heard anything from them by weeks end I will seek legal advise on this matter. Believe Yahoo should be held accountable for their actions in continually and knowingly facilitating a scam on their website.
    The more names I have the better our case may be legally speaking.
    Thanks