Alabama Toys And Teacups / puppy mill broker

1 Arab, AL, United States Review updated:

I purchased my puppy two months ago. According to the listing on the Alabama Toys and Teacups website, the female puppy was a Morkie whose dam was a Maltese who weighed 5 pounds and sire was a Yorkie who weighed 3.5 pounds and that this puppy would weigh 3.5 to 5 pounds when full grown. I was not allowed to see the puppy or her parents prior to the day I picked her up. This appeared to be a legitimate breeder who raises these puppies with love in her home. I was taken aback when I received no registration papers or vet records when I picked her up at the "storefront". I had already paid her $800 plus $88 for "handling fee???". The next day I took my puppy to my veterinarian for a check up and she weighed 3 pounds, eight ounces. He estimated her adult weight to be 16-18 pounds and said she had been misrepresented by the "breeder". She is now 4 1/2 months old and weighs 8 pounds. She has thin wiry hair and long legs. She looks nothing like a Morkie. These puppies are bought from puppy mills and resold by Merry Melton Daniels at Alabama Toys and Teacups under false pretenses. I would never knowingly support a puppy mill! Please understand, I love my puppy very much but I would never have paid $888 for a puppy of unknown lineage.

Va
Mar 31, 2014

Comments

• Va
      31st of Mar, 2014

To clarify my post...I NEVER saw my puppy's parents. My puppy was the only dog at the "Boutique" when I picked her up.

• Au
      28th of Jun, 2016

I was not allowed to see the parents either! Merry stated that she could not allow germs to get to her puppies and make them sick.

• Va
      28th of Jun, 2016

That is because the parents are at the puppy mills and are not the size or breed that she presents in her ad. My "3 1/2 to 5 lb" puppy now weighs 15 lbs. She buys them cheap and sells them for very high prices.

• Le
      20th of Oct, 2018

Same here. I purchased what I was told was a teacup puddle who will weigh no more than 5 lbs full grown. He is indeed a poodle but he weighs between 6-8. Clearly this isn't a teacup. You spend so much money and expect to get what your paying for. Never again!