Alabama Powerforced to pay current bill when not overdue

#Single Parent - I paid the past due amount of my bill as I always do every month and the billing department is telling me this month I have to pay the current bill as well or they are shutting off my power.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Phenix City, ALThe current bill is not overdue so they should not be threatening to shut off my power. I'm not to be billed again until 20 July 2018. If you care about your customers you wouldn't be doing this and from looking at previous complaints I see I am not the only one this has happened to.

Ja
Jul 13, 2018

Comments

• Md
      Aug 16, 2018

That’s my issue at the moment! And tomorrow is Friday so we are looking at the weekend to go without power! They are ridiculous

• Br
      Dec 17, 2018

@Mdk2012 They just called me with this bull. My husband get paid Friday I asked could I pay the rest which is not overdue then.. they told me no the system wont let me I have until tomorrow or it will be off.. This is ridiculous I have 3 kids one which is a newborn and its cold in Tuscaloosa!

Nov 05, 2018

They just did me the same way. I contacted the utilities commission.

•   Dec 06, 2018

@Charfrenx I just contacted them about MY situation and the lady was kinda ho-hum about it all saying she MIGHT not be able to do anything. It's unreal how Alabama Power treats their customers.