Airtel Delhi / wrong gprs charge

India Review updated:

Hello,
I am airtel postpaid customer ([protected]) since 5 years. I am in international roaming since last 7 months. Last month, I got the bill with gprs charge approx rs 8k. When I came out from india, gprs was not activated.

I am continuing follow-up with airtel customer care via email and phone from usa it self. (Req number - [protected]). They replied - on 31 dec, 2012 they activated gprs on trial basis. And since I am on international roaming, I used the gprs, so I have to pay gprs charges. I have smart phone and mobile apps automatic use the internet if gprs activated. It is not my fault if they activated gprs without informing me.

I was not aware when gprs was activated until I got the airtel bill. Now I am sending mail to 121 mail id, I am not getting response except acknowledge. And customer care is so helpless, they have only sentence - :"you have to pay"
[my current contact num is +[protected] [usa number] ]
Why I should pay ???

Ma

Comments

• Ri
      10th of Aug, 2007
    Airtel Delhi - Poor service!
    India

I'm a good customer of Airtel service and my no is 9810050903, Its been many times I have spoken to the Executives So that they stop sending me Advertisement SMS Dayle I receive 7 to 8 useless SMS, however they've not yet stop and not listen to my request.

Very poor service!

25th of Mar, 2012

Every time, I am getting same response from Airtel. It seems that they are not reading my mail completely. Airtel activated paid service without my consent and now they are asking charge .

=================================================================
    Dear Manu Kumar,

Ref: Email dated 25-03-2012, expressing concern regarding GPRS charges on your airtel mobile number 9871200932.

Thank you for your email to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.

We would like to inform you that as per your concern regarding GPRS charges we have checked the records and found that you have used gprs in IR location by using these networks(AT&T-USA) on 19-02-2012 and 03-03-2012. So you are charged as per your usage Without use this it could not charged in your bill.

We hope that we have been able to assist you suitably.

Sandhya Rani
    Bharti Airtel Limited

Your response will help us to enhance your experience with Airtel. Please click on the link below & provide us your valuable feedback on this interaction
    ---------Original Message----------
    From: manu.[protected]@gmail.com
    To: [protected]@in.airtel.com
    Cc:
    Sent: 25/03/2012 07:58:52 AM
    Subject: 9871200932

Dear Airtel,
    This is not resolution of the issue. Airtel activated GPRS without my consent.
    I was not aware that GPRS is activated on my mobile. As I am on international
    roaming, If phone is ON, it will use GPRS by default if it is activated. If you
    refer to bill, all GPRS charges are from single day only and i was just
    checking SMS. I got to know about GPRS when I got the bill.
    Then please explain why I should pay the GPRS charge.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:14 AM, <[protected]@in.airtel.com> wrote:
    Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 21-03-2012, expressing concern regaridng the GPRS charges and
    activation of GPRS without your consent on your airtel mobile number
    9871200932.

Thank you for your mail to airtel and welcome the opportunity to assist you.

We wish to inform you that, the 200 MB GPRS pack is a trial pack of GPRS
    service, which is Free Of Cost for one month from the date of activation. And
    after one month the GPRS service chargeable as per 10ps/10kb usage.

We would like to inform you that the above GPRS pack has been activated on your
    airtel mobile number effective 31-12-2011.

We wish to inform you that, there is no rental charged for the same.

Hence, as you have accessed the GPRS on International Roaming the GPRS charges
    has been levied.

Should you require any further online assistance, you may contact our 24x7
    helpline at 12118 (Chargeable at 50 paisa for 3 minutes) from any alternate
    airtel number. While calling from other service providers, please dial
    8130312118 (Chargeable as per the respective network charges).

We hope that we have been able to fulfill your query suitably.

Vijay L
    Bharti Airtel Limited

Your response will help us to enhance your experience with Airtel. Please click
    on the link below & provide us your valuable feedback on this interaction
    Click here to provide feedback
    838588F3117985848989FC 0 1
    D68E87495F6197F80898B8A8E88898188F1147A828B8BF1&refno=Qrc12103120503078386105

---------Original Message----------
    From: manu.[protected]@gmail.com
    To: [protected]@in.airtel.com
    Cc:
    Sent: 21/03/2012 05:47:23 AM
    Subject: Re: 9871200932 [|BAL|Qrc11503121703348314292|]

What is the update here?
    Again as mentioned earlier, I never asked Airtel to activate GPRS on my mobile.
    So I am not going to pay any GPRS charge to Airtel. Please get back ASAP.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM, <[protected]@in.airtel.com> wrote:
    Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 15-03-2012, expressing concern regarding the charges levied
    towards GPRS service for your airtel mobile number 9871200932.

Thank you for your mail to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.

To address your current concern, we have already raised a complaint regarding
    the GPRS charges with the relevant team. For your reference, the Unique Service
    Request number is42624748. Our team will be contacting you by 21-03-2012, 03:03
    pm with an update on the same.

We thank you for taking out the time to voice your concern. At airtel, we
    believe that it is our customers' feedback that helps us to improvise on our
    services.

Hari Krishna

29th of Mar, 2012

Mr Rakesh,
    I have given my contact number so many times to Airtel Cutomer care. Please see my original post. You can see my contact number there. It is mentioned there -[My current contact num is +1 917 860 1932 [USA number]]

I didn't get any call OR SMS to this number,

Thanks,
    Manu

3rd of Apr, 2012

Airtel Presence,
    Is there any update ??? I have not received any call yet...

10th of Apr, 2012

After so many days, there is no progress on this from Airtel presence.