Aeria Games / Characters on Grand Fantasia deleted upon server merge

1 Bolton, CT, United Kingdom Review updated:

Grand Fantasia is an MMORPG by Aeria Games and was probably my favourite ever online game. So you can imagine my confusion and shock when I logged on a few days ago, after not having played for a year or two due to how busy things had gotten in real life, to find my only character missing. After getting in contact with their customer support, I found out my character wasn't "missing" - they had been deleted following a server merge. Apparently, all characters that had been inactive for over six months had been deleted. They apologised, but said there was no way to recover my character.
What made them think that all characters that had been inactive for over six months would never be played with again? I had spent numerous hours playing Grand Fantasia (my character was almost level 40) and even spent AP (over 3000) on the account. Now I'm extremely upset and frustrated, and have decided not to play any MMORPGs by Aeria Games again, for fear something similar might happen to any other characters I create. Perhaps next time the criteria will be even harsher or my character will just be deleted due to a technical glitch; I simply can't trust Aeria Games again.
The least they could have done was sent me a warning e-mail that some characters were going to be deleted upon their server merge - they had my e-mail, so why wasn't this done? Because I hadn't logged on for a long time, THERE WAS NO WAY FOR ME TO KNOW THEY WERE GOING TO DO THIS.
Due to Aeria Games' incompetence, I have lost both time and money, and will not ever play any of their games again. I would warn anyone who plays any of Aeria's Games to be VERY careful, as you can and will lost your characters and AP due to situations like this. Since AP is not refundable, I am unable even to get a refund for the AP I lost through no fault of my own - but really, it's all the hours I invested in the game that have gone to waste that frustrate me the most.

Bl
Jun 15, 2014

Comments

• Py
      10th of Oct, 2014

Aeria is known for having crappy customer relations. The only reason the merge happened was because they messed up their game so badly thy the only way to compensate was merging servers which made even more people mad and lead to more people quitting.