Acai Advanced / unauthorized charge of credit card

1 41 canal stLewiston, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-247-5160

I started trying to call this company within a week of recieving this product to return it you must notify them and get a RMA number but they only place you on hold for long periods of time and after a hour or more they disconnect you. I am disputing this claim with my credit card co and have had to cancel my card on account of this. This should be against the law for people to scam like this and a scam it is. The flyer says they have a 30 day moneyback guarantee try it for 15 days and if you dont like it return it for your money back no hassels but you must contact them first for your RMA #. I still have all theyre pills but two as the first two made me sick so that is why I started to call right away.

More Acai Advanced Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ha
      30th of Mar, 2009

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expanding, for the second time, its nationwide alert to consumers about tainted weight loss products containing undeclared, active pharmaceutical ingredients.

The FDA has identified additional weight loss products (Herbal Xenicol, Slimbionic, and Xsvelten) and new undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients (fenproporex, fluoxetine, furosemide, and cetilistat).

"These tainted weight loss products pose a great risk to public health because they contain undeclared ingredients and, in some cases, contain prescription drugs in amounts that greatly exceed maximum recommended dosages, " said Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. "Consumers have no way of knowing that these products contain dangerous drugs that could cause serious consequences to their health."

On Dec. 22, 2008, the FDA warned consumers not to purchase or consume 28 different products marketed for weight loss. On Jan. 8, 2009, the FDA expanded the list of tainted weight loss products to include 41 additional tainted products. The FDA will continue to update this list as warranted.

The products listed above, some of which are marketed as dietary supplements, are promoted and sold on various Web sites and in some retail stores and beauty salons. Some of the products claim to be "natural" or to contain only "herbal" ingredients, but actually contain potentially harmful ingredients not listed on the products' labels or in promotional advertisements. These products have not been approved by the FDA, are illegal, and include the following undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients:

fenproporex – a controlled substance not approved for marketing in the United States;
    fluoxetine – an antidepressant available by prescription only;
    bumetanide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
    furosemide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
    rimonabant – a drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
    cetilistat – an experimental obesity drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
    phenytoin – an anti-seizure medication available by prescription only; and
    phenolphthalein – a solution used in chemical experiments and a suspected cancer-causing agent that is not approved for marketing in the United States.
    The FDA has inspected a number of companies associated with the sale of these illegal products and is currently seeking product recalls. Based on the FDA's inspections and the companies' inadequate responses to recall requests, the FDA may take additional enforcement steps, such as issuing warning letters or initiating seizures, injunctions, or criminal charges.

The FDA advises consumers who have used any products containing these ingredients to stop taking them and consult their health care professional immediately. The FDA also encourages consumers to seek guidance from a health care professional before purchasing weight loss products.

The health risks posed by these products can be very serious and include high blood pressure, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), palpitations, heart attack, and stroke. Sibutramine, a controlled substance, was found in many of these products at levels much higher than the maximum daily dosage for Meridia, the only FDA-approved drug product containing sibutramine. These higher levels of sibutramine can increase the incidence and severity of these health risks. Fenproporex, another controlled substance, can cause arrhythmia and possible sudden death.

Health care professionals and consumers should report serious adverse events (side effects) or product quality problems to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail, fax or phone.

Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm
    Regular Mail: use postage-paid FDA form 3500 available at: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm and mail to MedWatch, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787
    Fax: 800- FDA-0178
    Phone: 800- FDA-1088

• At

Hi "Angree in Illinois"

Same thing happened to me. I did, however get through and got my RMA# and was not suppose to be charged for the first bottle. I also found out, through the cust serv rep, that the continued shipments was a separate transaction and therefore also needed to be cancelled, which she did.

I sent the bottle back and thought I was done. Ya right! On 3/30/09 my card was hit with a $24.95 charge from : VIT*Live Lean AA 1888-2726483 CA.

So now I'm on hold again waiting to find out why they charged me. The recording says you can email them at supports@acaiadvanced.com. I'm going to do both and go to the bank to put in a claim.

I'll post my results here. Good luck Illinois!!

• At

Update on refund from ACAI Lewiston ME

I waited on hold but eventually spoke with a supervisor who was very nice and said she would credit my card the $24.95 because I had a confirmation # and she could see I called in to cancel everything the week before.

So it's a pain, but stay on hold until someone answers and be really clear that you want EVERYTHING CANCELLED. the "free" bottle, the following monthly shipments, AND the subscription to the "Live Lean" website.

• Wi
      31st of Mar, 2009

Igot a rash, went to the dr and he said it was most likely I am allergic.
    I have called and called, I tried to email them at support@acaiadvanced.com and the internet came back as no such address.
    I will dispute any charges from this company on my card.

• Li
      2nd of Apr, 2009

BUYER BEWARE!!! I am a fairly intelligent person but failed to read the fine print. There were two different items under the same web ad. I received the first with a bill for $75 +. Called the 800 # immediately and told them I didn't want it, cancel my order. I was able to keep the 30 day supply and all was cancelled. When Acai arrived, thinking it was the same company, no bill was attached, so I ignored it and began taking the product. All the benefits described can be derived by healthy eating, diet and exercise BUT NOT BY ACAI advanced. One month later, I receive a bill for $75 + and another bottle. Called immediately, told them I want to cancel and told them I would send it back. The fine print is ambiguous allowing you to cancel if not satisfied. However, they add, "For Healthy Lifestyles members. . . the guarantee does not apply." I lost it with the first operator declaring "this is a scam." When did I become a "Healthy Lifestyles member"? The second operator (on the job for 2 days--poor girl) fetched her supervisor who referred me to the above quotation. I will fight this! They don't want the unopened vitamins back but they want their money.

• Go
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I also wanted to try the trial period on the Acai Advanced. I took 1 pill went to get another pill out of my bottle and i noticed an odd looking pill in the palm of my hand. The capsule had been broken and glued back together !! I tried to call the 1-888-247-5160 that was on my invoice, was on hold forever with no response. Then i called the number on bank statement 1-877-653-0015 still no answer. I was trying to return the pills but couldn't without the info i needed. I was suppose to have a 15 day trial period but as soon as i got the pills in the mail they took out of my account $ 24.95 under some bogus company's name called Vit-Live don't even know what this is!!!
    And of course no number for them on bank statement. In today's economy it's a shame that people have to steal from the innoscent to make themselves survive.. This company is a scam and i do so hope they will get what they have comming to them!!!
    I feel so ripped off and so helpless. But God is my vengence !!

• Sh
      11th of Apr, 2009

I ordered my 30 day trail on 2/28. I received my package on 4/11. The time starts the day you order it, which means that I had 9 days to try the produce, which I was not aware of that was the day my 15 days started. I started calling after about 10 days and I bet I was on the phone for more than 5 hours total trying to cancel. I even tried e-mailing them but found out you have to call to cancel. I finally got a customer service person after waiting for 45 minutes and cancelled. 2 days later, I received another package from them and I called to see how to send it back. They said that you can't send auto shipments back. I explained that I had cancelled my order but they said that I didn't cancel in time and I could not send it back.
    THIS IS A SCAM
    I will be looking into the BBB to see if there is anything they can do about this company.

• Me
      21st of Apr, 2009

the same thing happened to me.
    i was thinking of canceling my credit card too.
    just so they cant take another charge out.
    they scammed me so bad.
    plus mt stomach became a mess.

• Ai
      21st of Apr, 2009

I am still surprised that people are falling for this crap!!! These "great" pills are mostly fillers so no wonder everyone gets sick!!! If you want Acai products, go to a Nutri-Sport or find a store that sells it so that you know how much they are going to take from your account!!! It's amazing that people are still falling for the "free just pay shipping" crap!!! Haven't you learned that NOTHING is free these days, especially with the economy? I guess my advise is free so I would take it and cancel the card you gave them because that's the only way to stop them from charging your account!

• Ai
      21st of Apr, 2009

I was also wondering why people are still falling for a "weightloss miracle in a bottle." Haven't you all realized that they DON'T WORK! Acai is supposed to be used as a super food and weightloss is an added plus. But don't expect it to work that way for everyone!

I am trying to lose weight and have been for a long time but trust me, there are really no pills out there that will work. You have to workout and eat right. That's really the oldest "diet" in the book. (even though its not a diet since we should be doing it all the time anyway!) I know where you all are coming from but do the right thing and quit falling for these scams!!!

• Ga
      4th of May, 2009

I am very upset about Acai Advance. There add is very misleading . Don't get sucked in it's a scam. You will be charged for things you do not get or use. There is nothing free about it no trail period you just get charged.

11th of May, 2009

I must add my name to the list of people who have been scammed. After calling and waiting over 1 hour 3 or 4 days in a row I finally reached a live person who told me that my free trial period had expired. This is a total scam!! I am still attempting to get a refund for both the pills and the email support that I was not even aware existed. Hopefully the BBB will get involved with this criminal company. I now wait for a supervisor to call me back between 5 and 7 p.m..

• Ca
      18th of May, 2009

This is the biggest joke I have ever been told. I was sent 4 pills and then charged $64.95 for the shippment. Hello money doesn't grow on Acai trees...Very Mad in Virginia...

• Pu
      19th of May, 2009

I agree with everything negative that has been said about the Acai Advanced program. RUN FOR YOUR Life. When you cancel you have to cancel everything or you will be billed.

• Ni
      19th of May, 2009

OMG!!! I wish I had read this page before ordering. I ordered this product and as soon as I received it I found out about the hidden charges, so I called and cancelled, so I thought. The representative assured me that it was cancelled and I would not be chargered but before they agreed to cancel they began lowering the price per month to make it more affordable. I still refused and advised them to cancel the product and I would send it back, they rep. said on no you can keep it, its a complimentory gift from the company for trying the product. A week later I was charged $79.95 I called back and there was no documentation of me making the call. What a shame, I had to go round and round with them. Still no refund yet. If this has happened to you please contact the BBB in your area. They have to be STOPPED.

• Li
      6th of Jun, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!! I called within in a couple days of receiving b/c I noticed it took a week to ship & on the shipping paper work it says you have 15 days trial period for free, from the date ordered, before you are charged $64 for the bottle. This info is not stated on the website when you order. I took me a week to get a live person on the phone, I finally called and left the phone on speaker until somebody picked up to give me an RMA #. The email they give you doesn't work, support @acaiadvanced.com...sent several emails and they never went through, kept coming back b/c they timed out.

10th of Jun, 2009

Definitely a scam.. I've been through this as well. Much time on hold to no avail. I had to cancel my credit card to get the charges stopped. Does anyone know if the Better Business Bureau could help out with this?

• Em
      10th of Jun, 2009

I totally agree with this being a scam.

• Mi
      26th of Oct, 2009

Mif in Indiana,

Tried the product. first mistake . Listened to the guy say, it really takes two months for it really, to take affect.( second mistake). called and just said NO ! Please cancel now. Also found the internet charge later for call help what a scam . No where was that written or said . How can they charge for this? Now trying to get the charges stopped. because three months of charges and saying cancel this hasn't worked. What can we do to get these people>>>>>bbb is covered up with stuff like this. I wish this link was with all the buy this stuff link, might help the next sucker!!!