Absolutewrite.com / Site is overrun with ugly behaviors from those in charge
I'm not a huge fan of the forums--though the "ask an agent" site is pretty handy!--but I love that they have a forum you can use to find beta reading partners. I met some really wonderful beta readers there who I trade critique with. They are some of the sweetest people I've met in the writing industry. Honest, informative, helpful--but STILL nice... that's a hard combo to pull off. I recommended the site to a friend of mine, and he met a great critique partner there also, who I then met through him.
Site, however, is overrun with ugly behaviors from those in charge.
Otherwise stay clear of the forums. The moderators are on a power trip and to be honest I see nothing that would warrant any right to be. They delete threads and people every other second that don't agree with them while they bash writers and publishers and pretty much anyone they damn well please. The site is a great idea with some good people, but it's run by a bunch of [censored]es.
More Absolutewrite.com Complaints & Reviews
- Absolutewrite.com - Stay away from these guys 
- Absolutewrite.com - This has to be the worst writing community I've ever encountered 
- Absolute Write - Got banned for saying I'm a hostage...which I am. 
- Absolutewrite.com - Got a lot of bad advice 
- Absolutewrite.com - All writers should definitely stay away from this site 
- Absolute Write - writer's forum
- Absolute Write - everything related to them
- AbsoluteWrite - encourages writers to slander companies and break their nda
- Absolutewrite.com - Online forum scam 
- Absolute Write - Abusive Owner