Having problems with Absolute Write?

Absolute Write Customer Service Contacts

8911 Vernon Road, PMB № 165
Lake Stevens, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Absolute Write Customer Service. Initial Absolute Write complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Absolute Write above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Absolute Write. Discuss the issues you have had with Absolute Write and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Absolute Write Complaints & Reviews

Oct 04, 2020

Absolute Write — Unethical behaviour and abuse of administrative privileges

I was posting my query letter on Absolute Write, and although I wasn't being aggressive, I was defending my...

Apr 28, 2020

Absolute Write — Is supposed to be a writers' help forum

I spent a few years on AW prior to MacAllister Stone purchasing it. It was awesome. But Mac uses dictatorial...

Mar 30, 2020

Absolute Write — abuse of power from admin(s) and mods

I'm walking away from AW forever after my most recent "encounter" with the AW Admin. I posted a paying job...

Mar 04, 2019

Absolute Write — website

I, too, was a long standing, active user of Absolute Write. And I can attest that the moderators on the site...

Absolute Writewriter's forum

On Apr 21 2018 I made a post to this forum and immediately was attacked with a tirade of accusations plus the F word. Those reacting to my post didn't take time to ask for clarification but made (false) assumptions and lashed out based on those assumptions. I conclude Absolute Write is an uncivilized place to get ripped apart but not a place to find community.

• Be
      Bethany_T Jul 30, 2018

This has been the experience of well over a thousand writers, all of them harassed, bullied, smeared, and banned for running afoul of the bad tempers and immature jerks who run amok on the forum. If you're not super docile and trying to write vampire erotica, there isn't any point to enduring the stupidities and risking abuse.

Absolute Write — everything related to them

This writer's messageboard is where seemingly anyone who expresses an opinion different than many of the...

AbsoluteWriteencourages writers to slander companies and break their nda

Absolute Write openly encourages authors to break their Non Disclosure Agreement and to slander any company, even though both actions are illegal. I own a transmedia company. I had fired a worker who had signed a NDA, which includes a nonslander clause. The former employee then created a thread slandering our company and a former author helped her to create even more slander. Both women broke their NDA's. When I confronted the site, Absolute Write will not punish anyone who breaks law on their website. Absolute Write cannot be trusted and is nothing but a drama site.

Absolutewrite.com — online forum scam

I joined this forum to gain writing information and gain a community. What I found was a vindictive writing...

Absolutewrite.com — got a lot of bad advice

I was lured in by their marketing people who are also members of the Absolute Write forums. One of them wa...

Absolute Write — got banned for saying i'm a hostage... which I am.

I was banned today on this website, a site that's premise is a writing community to help writers. Their...

Absolute Write — abusive owner

I myself pop in from time to time on Absolute Write and although I have learned some useful information there...

Absolutewrite.comthe owner of the site is a wannabe writer with no professional writing credits

The owner of the site is a wannabe writer with no professional writing credits. She uses the site to make money off the google ads and to promote her ultra-leftist political viewpoint.

sebbie111 Jan 29, 2014

If you mean Lisa Spannenberg she self publishes a couple of books about ipads. And as for that "Old Hack" she claims to be "Jane Smith" she claims every book she wrote sold more than 10, 000 copies but she can't tell you the names of any of them because they were all ghost written.

• Cc
          CCnothappy Nov 05, 2013

Even if you are left wing she will attack you so I don't know about that. But all she has published is a couple of books about ipads and she is crazy

Absolutewrite.com — the mods are throwing people off all the time

I have read all the other reviews. I just joined a month ago. Are all vbulletin forums so heavily moderated?...

Absolutewrite.com — stay away from these guys

I was a member of AW for a while, and I find myself going back every few months to check up on some of the...

Absolutewrite.com — this has to be the worst writing community i've ever encountered

Yikes. I never even ended up posting. I'm one to lurk before joining in, and after watching the mod...

Absolutewrite.com — all writers should definitely stay away from this site

All writers should definitely stay away from this site. There are several moderators on this site who will...

Absolutewrite.comsite is overrun with ugly behaviors from those in charge

I'm not a huge fan of the forums--though the "ask an agent" site is pretty handy!--but I love that they have a forum you can use to find beta reading partners. I met some really wonderful beta readers there who I trade critique with. They are some of the sweetest people I've met in the writing industry. Honest, informative, helpful--but STILL nice... that's a hard combo to pull off. I recommended the site to a friend of mine, and he met a great critique partner there also, who I then met through him.

Site, however, is overrun with ugly behaviors from those in charge.

Otherwise stay clear of the forums. The moderators are on a power trip and to be honest I see nothing that would warrant any right to be. They delete threads and people every other second that don't agree with them while they bash writers and publishers and pretty much anyone they damn well please. The site is a great idea with some good people, but it's run by a bunch of [censored]es.

Absolute truth

• Cc
            CCnothappy Nov 05, 2013

Yes this is all true. I would suggest going to find crit partners somewhere else because the nasty mods don't deserve the attention and there are other places.

Absolutewrite.comgot banned for making the mistake of posting an ad for a writing buddy without being &part of the community&

Got banned for making the mistake of posting an ad for a writing buddy without being "part of the community." Wrote back privately with the suggestion that it would help to have clearer guidelines, and that it would be better to refer people look for betas/writing buddies to matchmaker sites (the Writer's Digest site and experience project dot com look promising) rather than get all bent out of shape because we don't particularly want to be part of the "community." (Trust me: Absoute Write is only for people who can devote at least ten hours a week to message boarding as a hobby.) Got a couple of strange responses back, including verbal abuse. Still not sure exactly what she's mad, but I can now say with pride that I'm one of the "Banned from Absolute Write" alumni.

chrisstevenson Apr 18, 2020

That's def harsh treatment when most sites politely review their policies with you and explain.

chrisstevenson Apr 18, 2020

Got banned today. I couldn't be happier! Admin is just begging for trouble.

sebbie111 Jan 29, 2014

Along with Hugh Howie. and they will pretend he's not banned because they allow him to see the board, but he is banned from posting there! Verbal abuse in PM is common of the mods there.