Ab Circle Pro / Missing parts upon delivery

I received the ab circle pro in my home about a week ago. The strange thing was that every single part was there except two of the end caps. I immediately got on the phone to customer service and to this day, after a week of calling, no one will answer the phone. It says to call during off peak hours but even during those times you get the recording and they hang up onyou! I have e-mailed customer service twice now because there is no downloadable form to submit with the missing part info. I received an e-mail from customer service to contact customer service! This is the craziest thing that has ever happened to me. I'm too busy trying to get my missing parts to have time to work out on the dumb machine! I cannot get ahold of a real person either way to tell them what has happened and try to get this resolved!

Comments

• Mk
      15th of Jul, 2009

this article is VERY similar to mine. I was very excited to receive my Ab-Circle pro, until it arrived. I noticed that the right handle bar was lower than the left. I checked my adjustments to see if they were even. They were. I thought maybe I assembled it wrong. NOPE. I had someone experienced in mechanics, engines, etc. take a look at it and it definately was uneven. When I called the customer service line. I was transferred around a few times before someone was willing to handle the call. When they did connect with me...the outcome was it shouldn't be a big deal. Just keep working out. After 1 week, I had severe back pain. I went to my physical therapist with pics of this machine and the difference of the handle bars. He said to Quit WORKING OUT ON IT IMMEDIATELY. It seems like somewhat of a good exercise idea/machine, but with the handle bars uneven...it is causing a misaligned twist in my spine. With the combination of this problem and the way the machine is angled...the gravity will cause damage. So I contacted customer service again. They advised me to return the machine immediately and apologized for the inconvenience...they would send me another replacement. No replacement came...I waited for a month. I tried calling back...they said there was no account for me in the system. They assumed it was just a regular return and that I did not want a replacement. OK ...I said so be it for now then. If I decide I will go to HSN cuz it is cheaper anyway. No problem. Then out of nowhere 2 months later money was taken from my bank account and I have NO machine. I immediately called back to get resolution and have them return my money or send me the machine and I have not been able to reach anyone. I am now experiencing exactly what you mention in your story. Automated messages that tell you to call at non peak times, yet no one answers or I get disconnected. I cannot locate any other numbers on the website either, nor is there one connected to the withdrawl on my account. What can be done about this? Any suggestions??? any would be helpful.

17th of Jul, 2009

Hi My name is Martha,

I work for Ab Circle Pro and would like to speak to you in regards to your needs and experience with our company. To further assist you please contact me directly at 1-877-250-9977.

Best Regard,

Martha

22nd of Jul, 2009

I received my ab circle pro about 6 weeks ago.I love the machine and what it has done for me but ... the fiberglass or plastic dish the rollers move across is pitting and producing holes in the dish. After paying that much money I would think it would be made with more quality materials. The dish needs to be made out of metal, I only weight 130 so I do not understand how a person of greater weight could possibly get the machine to stand up to it. I do not want to pay for shipping of another machine to and from not to mention how long it will take to get it back.

• Na
      27th of Jul, 2009

I had the same problem with one of my rollers...I used it for less than a week and because it wouldn't turn it sheered off and makes my machine useless. I wrote and was told the same thing, call customer service, when I call customer service it hangs up on me. Any way to fix this roller? Any way to get ahold of them?

• De
      28th of Jul, 2009

Im having major problems with ab circle pro.i attempted to order via internet but, there was website problems and my order would not complete-i was happy because i wanted to talk to a live person directly about my accessory choices then 2 months later they deducted $98.35 from my account, at this point i called and they informed me in was in route for delivery.i thought ok well i was going to order anyways, ill see if i like it when it comes and work the correct payments out with them .but the money deducted was far from what the initial pmt was supposed to be. they claimed only $22.00 was deducted and had me signed up for vitamins i never agreed to.i faxed my bank statement to them and weeks later still no help.but then they took an additional $48.00 from my account.they said they would stop the auto-ship for the additional vitamins and are sticking me with an additional $6.00 charge for ones they sent with machine.i asked to return and they said its only 6 bucks-whats the big deal.i just talked to a supervisor that said hes going to look for my fax of the 98.00, but i really feel like they are passing me around from party to party and doing nothing.each phone# tells me i have to call the other.they passed me back and forth so many times-i started crying out of frustration. if my initial order did go through then, non of the accessories i picked came, and im getting vitamins i never did order, cannot use and do not want.i read the fine print!! and none of the money they are deducting adds up to the amt i agreed to .to top it off ive only used 3 times and its falling apart.i am a small person and wanted to tone up.i cant imagine it working for a larger person at all. i have no idea at this point how much money or when they will hit my account again.this is totally unbelievable.please help!!! they are robbing me.

• Ta
      13th of Aug, 2009

Abcircle pro is a complete rip-off. First of all, it hurts your knees terribly. Both of my knees hurt both inside and have rug burns on them from trying this machine. When I called to return the product they told me they were going to have gel pads available for an additional cost and they asked me if I had tried to put sponges or other pads on the knee pads to keep it from hurting. This clearly indicates that the product was not designed well as they are trying to retrofit it with something that MIGHT make it tolerable. I would be surprised if the gel pads work, because they will necessarily be a separate piece and thus will move independently of the knee pads on the machine. Additionally, because of the swinging motion, pressure is put both vertically and laterally directly on the knees, so that your entire body weight is placed on the knees vertically and laterally. This cannot be good for you. I got the machine about 10 days ago and the last time I tried it was four days ago, and my knees still hurt and have rug burns on them.

I also think that ads are deceiving when they say the trial is $14.95 and then they charge you a full $53.78 for the first payment--none of which is refundable. They made plenty of money just on that rip-off, even if you return this piece of junk.

The full invoice cost for this garbage is $271.01. That's half the price of a Nordik Trak for God's sake. Do NOT buy this product. It will injure you and it's vastly overpriced. It's a scam, a rip-off, and a quick buck. I would bet money that a year from now you'll never hear of this product and they will probably be out of business, and they may actually be sued for injuries.

• Sb
      20th of Aug, 2009

We are putting together a major class action lawsuit for all the victimes of this spine mangler. It will criple you from your knees, to
    your spine and all the way up to your neck. This company is rated
    an F from the BBB.

Company Email Address

Company Rating F
    Our opinion of what this rating means:
    We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

• Hu
      25th of Aug, 2009

I HAVE BEEN THROWN OFF OF THIS MACHINE DUE TO THE SCREW IN THE KNEE PADS LOOSENING UP FROM THE SWIVEL OF THE KNEE PAD DURING THE EXERCISE AND I NOW I HAVE A TORN LEGIMENT AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH SURGERY AS WELL AS PHYSICAL THERAPY, AND WHEN I CALLED THE COMPANY ABOUT THIS ALL THEY WANTED TO DO WAS GET THE ITEM BACK BECAUSE OF IT'S DEFECTS, I INFORMED THEM THAT I WOULD KEEP THIS ITEM IN MY POSSESSION TO HAVE IT INSPECTED BY MY ATTORNEYS OFFICE, AND I WAS TOLD BY THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE MANUFACTURING COMPANY "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT" AND SHE HUNG UP, BUYER BEWARE THIS ITEM IS DANGEROUS IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO REMAIN ON THE EQUIPMENT LONG ENOUGH TO GET A WORK OUT IN WITHOUT BEING THROWN ACROSS THE ROOM. SO YOU DON'T ONLY HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE KNEE BURNS FROM THE KNEE PADS BUT OTHER INJURIES AS WELL.

• Ta
      1st of Sep, 2009

I was watching the info-mercial and went to the website to order this machine to tone up. I'm so glad I checked the complaint's board first... I will not be ordering. Thanks for the feedback guys! You saved me!

26th of Sep, 2009

Here is what happene to me today!
    I ordered the "AB CIRCLE PRO
    " for my sister who lives in Puerto Rico and I specifically told them to ship it to the PR address. I was told that it would take 3-4 days to process the paper work and 2 weeks to get to PR.
    The machine arrived yesterday to my house (in NY)!!

I just called them today and told them that they shipped the machine to the wrong address and if they could please have it picked-up (UPS) and ship it to CORRECT address.

...they said that there ia a surcharge that was supposed to be added (on top of the $36.00 already added for shipping) and that since it was not added before that they could not have it picked-up!

Therefore, I could either order a new machine and have it shipped to PR (...yeah, right!!) or ship the machine to PR myself. I explaned that this was their error not mine and that it was going to cost me a lot of money to ship (the box is quite heavy). The customer service person was rude and did not help the situation.

I spoke to my sister and explained what happened and she said..."well, send it back!"

I called up the company again and asked to speak to the Supervisor or manager! I told them that I wanted to cancel the product and since it was their error for sending IT to me- - if they could please send UPS to pick it up and bring it back to their company ...and that I would like to be refunded the entire amount that I paid (which was $234.25).

The rude supervisor told me that The responsibility of returning the machine to their company was on me (she said it was going to cost me $35.25) and that when they receive the machine, they will only refund me back $199 (which means that they get to keep the $35.25 for shipping). That means that I will lose a total $70.50 because of their mistake.

• St
      29th of Sep, 2009

i HAD MY AB CIRCLE FOR 3DAYS i WEIGHT 134. the FIBER GLASS ROLLERS BURNED IN 3DAYS.
    i PURCHASED it at a retailer.Called the customer service I have to return it at my expense. It BS machine don't even think about this product. It does nada, use side bends with weights you fell the burn more.What a rip off!!!

• Li
      7th of Oct, 2009

I re ceived my machine two weeks ago. In one week the rollers shredded off like an eraser. There are indentions in both rollers and I agree both of my knees hurt like crazy . What a rip off. for 200.00 I cant believe I wasted my money for this piece of junk. I will be contacting an attorney to see what options we have for this misleading information. Come on if you design a machine for 200.00 use good parts and cheap ones.

• Br
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I purchase my AbCircle Pro machine via the phone on September 22, this year. the customer service person took the liberty of ordering 2 machines, vitamins, and whole bunch of stuff I didn't even know about till I began to investigate why a second machine arrived within weeks of eachother. I sent the second machine right a way, they received it 3 days later, on the 10th day, I called and they confirmed receipt. The $49.45 they withdrew to cover the second machine they ordered, caused an overdraft on my checking account. Called them again about this and faxed them my bank statement showing the damage their greediness have caused. Was told they will gladly refund the $49.45 in 3-5 business days, but the overdraft charges will have to be refunded by another department. Today makes the 4th call I placed to this company. Each one of their customer service rep has an attituded as if you are the one in the wrong and they are doing you a favor listening to you. There is never a manager available at the call center whenever I have called. They had the audacity of charging me antoher $39.99 for the first machine. I have had enough with this company, and today I'm sending the other machine back, wrote another letter to Ab Circle Pro company in Van Nuys, CA, with a copy to the Attorney General's Office of NC, and the Better Business Bureu. I suggest you all do the same. This company and their product suck.

• Ju
      24th of Nov, 2009

I went on ebay purchasing the ab circle pro new in box not wanting to order it with the free thirty day trail because i was so excited to get it so fast. i started using it everyday for about a week, with in that week the screw kept getting loose releasing the bar that holds the two knee supports together i was lucky that i could see the bar was prying up so i would stop just as it snapped, approx. two weeks later i started getting lower back pain thinking it would pass well it did not pass i went to my primary who had an MRI done I have six discs that are bulging and five with tears in them I have been in constant pain to the point that depression has sunk in I want to wake up the way I was before I started using this very dangerous machine I now have to go to an ortho doctor as well as a neurologist in hopes that someone can help me I would WARN anyone looking at the commercial to change the channel it is not worth your heath and it seems that my health now is not getting better anytime soon as per what the doctors think.

25th of Nov, 2009

I just received my machine 2 days ago. I used it last night with relatively no problems albeit some minor back and knee pain. I got on again for my second night's workout and not even five minutes later my knee, along with the gel pad, came sliding out of the knee rest. I fell face first onto the disc but my knee took the brunt as it caught on a piece of the machinery and started bleeding. Within minutes my knee began to swell up and as of right now I can barely put pressure on my left leg. Luckily, I purchased this item from HSN and when I called them they said they would send me a pre-paid shipping label for its return and the customer service rep seemed genuinely sorry. I hope for HSN's sake they remove this product from their inventory. I know I wouldn't want my name associated with this piece of junk !!

STAY AWAY !!

• Do
      8th of Dec, 2009

I purchased this machine through K-Mart, I used it for 3 days, and limited my time to no more than 3 to 5 minutes. The first morning it was hard to get out of bed, but figure it was just because I had used muscle I was not use to using. Over the next two days, I woke up during the night with servere back and side spasms. I have not used the maching anymore other than the first three days. It has been 3 weeks now and I am not getting any better. I have made an appointment to my doctor in hopes of getting some relief. If anyone else is having severe pain in the lower back and side, please write, I have never had this kind of pain and am now getting very worried that I have done damage to something.

• Mo
      9th of Dec, 2009

I recently purchased the ABCircle Pro and use it atleast 4 times a week for 3 minutes as per the informcial, but tonight my spouse was using and noticed it was not gliding smoothly and he could feel dust like substance. He stopped to find out what was happening, when he noticed the rollers that assist leg part in gliding from side to side was worn and the paint, plastic of the circle itself was wearing away due to the roller.

In reviewing the information on this website I see others have encounter similiar problems and I would like to know if your situation got resolved ??? I actually enjoy my machine, but it is not even 2 months old and already wearing out !!

• Di
      15th of Dec, 2009

I purchased the Ab Circle pro from a local retail store. The wheels began shaving off where you could not use it. I thought it was defective and took it back. Again, the same thing happened. So, I call customer service and they said they have never heard of the wheels doing that. Really??? Because now that I'm looking around, it's a common complaint. It's even listed on their website. So the guy orders a replacement kit and says it will be sent Fed Ex to my house. One week-nothing, Two weeks-nothing, Three weeks-nothing. I call the customer service who says they are on backorder but should be in next week. Week four-nothing. I call again and I was informed they were just shipped that same day. Week five nothing then FINALLY they come regular us mail. I contacted the BBB but it was a lost cause. The company simply stated their was nothing they could do and never addressed the poor craftmanship of their product. Oh yeah, my left handle is lower than the right too!!! Vasaline on the wheels keeps them from shaving off. It only took 3 sets of wheels to figure that out.

10th of Jan, 2010

i was going to buy the ab circle but becuaes of this great website im decinding against it you should all do the same!!!

10th of Jan, 2010