Ab Circle Pro Complaints & Reviews

Ab Circle Prodangerous and scam

I have been thrown off of the ab circle pro three times now in the short time i have used it. I already have a lot of medical problems and loved the ab circle cause it seemed less strenuous and more relaxed to do. Well i was in for a surprise when i have landed flat on my back on my floor thrown off more than once. Today i got thrown off and really hurt my knee and back. I would like to get a refund of the full purchase price don't still have reciept but bought it about three months ago. Also i would like to let people know before they get seriously injured on it. Also i am sorry but as far as weightloss in 3 mins a day it doesn't happen i have had three kids and until i started using lipozene i didn't lose a pound on the ab circle sorry but it doesn't really make your body look anything like the model they paid to do the videos. Very disappointed and i will be getting rid of it in the trash since i don't feel safe giving or selling to anyone else that would be wrong knowing how dangerous and untruthful of a product it is. Thank you i look forward to hearing more back to take care of this.

Devaraj Muthukrishnan Dec 19, 2013

I using AB CIRCLE PRO. But some problems in my machine (leg moment arm). Kindly help to me...
    I am Devaraj 9840347728.

Ab Circle ProRoller bearings

I have purchased the Ab circle Pro and it's almost pretty imposible to use as the noise it makes is too loud, my husband looked at it and said it's the rollers and bearings, i don't think the amount of use it has had and time frame I have owned it that it should be happening also i think it could be dangerous to keep using it.I have read a lot of complaints and they have set up a phone number so as you can obtain free wheels/bearings but it is not an Australian number
Hoping I can get these free parts, as I said it shouldn't be happening
Kay Surawski

Ab Circle ProDangerous Machine

I wanted one of these machines real bad so my parents got me a ab circle pro the 2nd time I had ever used it I fell face first The top of the machine lifted up and I came tumbling lucky for me I did not seriously get hurt so I thought I would give it another try so I got on it again my knee slipped right out of the knee pad and I fell again this time having minor bruising to my knee their again lucky that I had no serious injuries THEY ARE DANGEROUS AND SHOULD NOT BE SOLD

Ab Circle ProPoor Quality

Purchased an Ab Circle Pro and within a few weeks the roller wheels fell to pieces. The UK DISTRIBUTOR didn't want to know as I hadn't filled the warrantie form in on line. What a cop out they must get out of loads of warranties like this. Lucky I ve found an outfit on the web called abcircleprorollers.co.uk I have purchased some upgrade rollers from them and what a difference loads better than the originals Im very impressed with them.

Ab Circle ProGot hurt twice on the Ab Circle Pro

Well I first got hurt when I received the machine as my knees slipped off the knee rest and I hurt my left breast. I had a bruise and pain for about a month but I really thought it was fault. As I kept slipping with minor injuries, I called the company and asked what was going on. I was told that there was a defect on the roller and that they would srend me knee pads and new rollers. Also the red pan of the machine is metal and it has corroded so as I go around the rollers go in there and get rough...

As soon as I received the new stuff I changed the rollers, which was not easy and alsdo put the pads on the knee rest. The pads really did not help much but I kept doing it and holding very tight not to slip and get hurt again. I really had enough tonite though...I slipped totally off and hurt myserlf again this time I feel off the machine and hurt my back and knees and toes... Sounds like the kids song...but was very painfull.

• Wi
    WILDFLOWER03 Sep 23, 2012

YES THIS MACHINE DOESN;T WORK AT ALL AND IT DONT HELP YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT LIKE THEY SAID IT DOES. I HEARD THAT THERE IS SUPPOSE TO BE A RECALL ON THIS MACHINE AND THEY SEND U A BOX TO MAIL IT BACK AND THEY RETURN YOUR MONEY TO YOU. THATS WHAT I HEARD ON THE RAIDO AND THE TV. BUT I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING OUT ON THE RECALL ON THIS MACHINE ON THE WEBSITE THOUGH. HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD ABOUT THIS RECALL ON THIS MACHINE?

• As
    ashley whittiker Jan 10, 2013

on this website:http: //www.boston.com/business/personalfinance/consumeralert/2012/08/ab_circle_pro_claims_debunked.html
    there should be a place to click on that says "file a refund claim" so just copy and paste that website and click on it there will be a place in paragraph 2

i hope this will help all you guys on what your looking for :)

Ashley whittiker

Ab Circle ProReplacement Parts

This company is a joke. If you purchase this machine from a private source (craigslist, friends etc, ) don't bother contacting them for replacement parts because they will say since you did not buy it from us (meaning pay full price) there is nothing they can do for you. Its their machine, they could still make money off the parts!

• Ab
    AbCirlce Pro Customer Care Oct 10, 2011

Unfortunately, there are units in the marketplace that use the name Ab Circle Pro but are not authenthic, therefore, we are unable to provide our guarantee for any unit that was not purchased from an authorized retailer. The only way to know that you have an authentic Ab Circle Pro is to have purchased it from an authorized retailer, in which case you would have a limited warranty and also have been offered an extended warranty. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our policy of ensuring quality products to our customers.

• Mg
    Mgreene'62 Jun 14, 2012

I purchased a used ab circle pro from a yard sale . It's missing the left handle bar and u bolts. I thought I'd be able to buy the missing parts from the company. I was very wrong. They won't sell parts without proof of sale. I can't find them online or anywhere else. Really sucks. Their losing out on a lot of money not selling parts, and I'm screwed because of it. I just threw away $25.

Ab Circle Proproduct is not working

hi, this is santosh dagar from delhi i brought ab circle pro at 1 september but this machine work of 7 days only and after that we are complaining to the dealer to make it in working condition but till now it was not done i call at telebuys shop also to replace the machine they said that wait for 2 days and it will done but after that also there was no action taken i was very disapointed my the company and by their work so plz kindly take any action on it.

• Te
    telebuy Sep 03, 2015

Dear Customers,

Greetings from Telebuy...!!!

We have gone through your complaint . We regret for the inconvenience caused. We request you to register your complaint in our customer care department by dailing 04442447015 for solutions. Also you can write your complaint in http://www.tbuy.in/index.php?route=information/customer_care.Incase of any escalation please contact me directly in 044 33616393 / 09962172225.

With Regards.

Ajay Kanagasabapathi,
    Manager - Customer Care.

Ab Circle ProUnhappy client

I bought the ab circle pro in 2009 for about $300 from danoz direct. Worst $300 I ever spent. I was so excited to get some sweet abs but only lasted 2 sessions before I had sores on my knees! I also nearly cut my finger off when my knee slipped out of the horribly made knee pads! The rollers are grinding away leaving plastic shavings everywhere, it doesn't glide properly. The stoppers are also a waste of time as the machine never stays stationary anyway. How they can sell a machine for $300 that performs so poorly is beyond me. It was a bad idea and the last time I EVER buy a gym machine off the tv.

Taz14 Aug 21, 2011

Well that's stating the obvious. I was looking for something a little different to try, sit ups only target your mid section where as I wanted a all over work out and high cardio. When you spend money on a machine you expect it to perform properly.

Taz14 Aug 21, 2011

Thanks for the lesson, but If you haven't realized, this is a complaints website. I complained, just like everyone else, about a machine I paid for which I hoped would perform. I am not complaining about lack of results from the ab circle pro, I'm complaining about the quality of the machine. I am not a stranger to physical exercise, I work out every day and weigh 60kg. The ab circle pro is not the only machine I own or the only exercise I do. I bought an item for a lot of money, and I am no happy with the item, when I saw all the other complaints on here I wanted to share my experience with people, so that if someone is thinking about buying the equipment, they might think twice.

• Mr
    Mrs Chook Sep 14, 2011

I bought the Ab Circle Pro 2 years ago and found it gave my knees blisters after using it. It does not make any difference what I put on the knee pads or the different clothes I wear this constantly happens. Because of this I can't say if it works or not as I have to wait for the blisters to heal and have not been able to use it regularly. Also it can be dangerous as my friend flipped straight off it and hurt her knee badly because I had some flannels on the knee pads.

Taz14 Oct 06, 2011

That's what I mean mrs chook! Its doesn't matter how big or small you are, the machine just doesn't work for anyone. It's too unsafe. And as for you Peter brockman, I'm glad you find it amusing bigger people trying to lose weight. Life must be so difficult being perfect.

Taz14 Dec 09, 2011

It's a complaints website, if you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Ab Circle ProNeed a Replacement

I have purchased an Ab Circle pro 2010 for £61.74
Order Number : 28534
Receipt Number : [protected]
Invoice id : 28534

and later after a month it s rollers use to stucks cause the ring to scratch on which the rollers rolls. After several emails i receive new rollers in 3 months. This really affected my workout and i am not happy with the service. Now when i replace the new rollers its still causing the same problem since day one and rusting the ring more and more. I am sending an atttachment for a clear view. Honestly i am not happy with the product as i feel it will not last long. Kindly if possible please replace it with the Ab Rocket or provide me with any suitable options. I wasnt able to find your website as it says Account Closed at www.via-tv.co.uk. If this query will take long please provide me a refernce number so that i dont have to explain the situation again. Please help me out as its really affecting my workout.

Riaz Mustafa

Need a Replacement

Ab Circle ProDamage ,wear and tear product

I purchased Ab circle Pro 3 months back.Already the plastic case where in we put our weight has broken due to its low quality and it has become wear and tear.The durability of the product is worste.I suggest please don't buy this.U can see many complaints on the net.Better u do diet and exercise to keep ur body healthy and fit.U can see the reviews with photo in the net.

MasterWeld Jun 23, 2011

My girlfriend is on her 3rd one now and the first 2 kept unwinding the main pivot bolts which renders the machine useless. The welds all cracked on the joints as well. With the amount of load that can be exerted on this machine the design is far too light and I am a steel fabricator so know what I am talking about. I am very surprised to have not heard more about this issue and i expect that is because most people who buy these sorts of machines don't really use them. If I hadn't given my girlfriends machines a workout the problem may not have emerged for a year or so and then probably no warranty. There is totally low integrity behind this creation and it is seriously about making money. Shame on them

• To
    Tori1972 Sep 26, 2011

Hi i bought an abcircle pro a few months ago and so did my mum. We both are experiencing the same problem. The pin keeps coming out when using & now the left side where the left knee goes, that side is pushed right down. I can't work out on this machine anymore as the machine is now unstable on one side and the pin keeps coming out. I have spent over $ 600 on both machines. Any ideas on what to do please??? Shell

Ab Circle ProScam and Rip off

I finally figured out why my knees hurt so bad in the past few months. It's because of this awful machine. The knee holders are hard plastic and have done a number on me. Wheels only last for three weeks. Then they have grooves that you could hurt yourself if it gets caught on them . I did and then they never get back to you with replacment parts .!!! Dont buy this ! It is poorly put together !!! My husband looked at the broken pieces and found the only thing holding that assembly together, were 3 tiny prongs! The bottom part (which holds the bearings), is heavier than the top, (where the knee pad is attached). Apparently, one of the bearings came out from it's ring. Rattled the tabs till they broke, and sent me flying! they have that girl on TV making the public think this is the best machine you can purchase.
The BBB gives this company an "F" rating...I can see why. I will pursue further, as this is a dangerous product. A great concept, but DANGEROUS!! I don't want anyone else hurt!!!

Ab Circle ProHumerous 2 Green Board Fractures

When working out with the ab circle pro, the knee pad slipped from the knee "bowl" and threw my body over the metal bars causing 2 green board fractures to my humerous. I will always have range of motion limitations and pain when arm is in certain positions that are used to dress or when sleeping.
All it would have taken was a warning of the knee pads slippimg or a velcro strap being attached around the
back of the knee to hold it in the "bowl" to spare me and others from injury, in my opinion.
The photographs speak for me. My arm was black and blue from the internal bleeding for weeks and the pain
remains.
A report was taken from an investigator working for the insurance claims department of Readers Digest on Oct 4, 2010. I called the claims department and was told it was just received Oct 28th, 2010. I also told them I want my medical bills paid and to be compensated for pain and suffering.
Others should do the same and update on this website as I am.
I will post to twitter, facebook, my space, linked in and other social sites to let other people with injuries know what they can do to get a remedy for preventable injuries that are life altering! My knee was injured too and I still have trouble when putting any weight on it. (Even getting in bed)

Ab Circle Probroken Humerus in 2 places using this equiptment

i was working out on this equiptment 7/13/2010 and my knee slipped from the deep cup. I was thrown forward and down on the circle and bar breaking my arm in two places. i am on SSD and have no insurance to get my arm set until August 1st 2010. i called the company and a supervisor said they had no complaints at all untill i called. her name was christine. i also hurt my knee and have pain pills to get me through. i am told i will need surgery to set it but i have to wait because i have no insurance. the corporate is supposed to contact me within 24-48 hours. i have enclosed photograph of my knee and shoulder. the x rays are on a cd if you know how to upload them?

Bankerbabe Feb 19, 2011

There is a product called " Knee Bowl Booties" sold on the net that make the use of Ab Circle Pro a joy to use

• nrgrus Apr 02, 2011

If There are "Knee Bowl Booties" then why doesnt Readers Digest include them huh? And if they make a safety difference then why deny the machine is not defective as far as injuries received when using the Ab Circle Pro?
    Sounds too much of a demand to have this product re-evaluaded by the saftey department and not take the word of celebrities who gain by saying and showimg support? Look at my pictures under Humerous has 2 Green Board Fractures from knee pads slipping out of the bowl! If the product you talk about makes a difference then why not include it in the product? Readers Digest even wants you to tell them where you bought it..online and which number; on TV and which number! Its their machine! So if you have the order infor they should know who theyb have as distributers. Agree? My opinion is; This is a scam and VERY UN SAFE! (I have worked out my
    entire life and because of auto injuries tried it)
    In my opinion DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY OR HEALTH WITH AB CIRCLE PRO!

Ab Circle ProTerrible Knee Issues Now

Please stay away from this product. It is the most uncomfortable exercise machine I have ever used. I finally figured out why my knees hurt so bad in the past few months. It's because of this awful machine. The knee holders are hard plastic and have done a number on me. The handle bars are so uncomfortable, I don't knowhow anyone could enjoy this thing. Unfortunately, the other day while I was using it, my knees slid out of the machine. I wasn't going that fast, as it's impossilbe to do with this machine. It is just SO poorly made, that an accident was just waiting to happen. I went to my doctor and upon the initial xray they said it looks like I either severely bruised my fibula (the head of that inserts near the knee) or I cracked the bone. If the pain, which is severe at times, doesn't go away I am getting an mri to determine if it is cracked or not. Of course it happened to my right knee, so driving even 10 minutes gets extremely painful. So upset about this.

Buyer beware. Do yourselves a favor, if you do decide to buy this product do it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have the most amazing return policy. No hassle, no problem returns. Be well

Buy Knee Bowl Booties for your machine

Bankerbabe Feb 19, 2011

THERE IS A WONDERFUL PRODUCT CALLED " KNEE BOWL BOOTIES" IT IS AN AFTER MARKET PRODUCT THAT WAS DESIGNED BY A WOMAN ENGINERING STUDENT AT M.I.T JUST LOVE MY MACHINE NOW

Ab Circle Proinjury

I was using the ab circle when the knee pad slipped and I landed on my knee. causing it to swell severly, it was intense pain. It has been several days and I will be going to the ER today because it hasn't gotten any better. It was the single most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life. When I called to complain to the AB Circle, they informed me they had never heard of anything like that happening, but that they would send me new pads with adhesive on the back, as well as new rollers. I find it hard to believe if there are no injurys that they have new pads readily available when a complaint is made. I am not the only person I know that has been injured while exersicing on the ab circle, my girlfriend broke her toe when the pad slipped off and she fell, but that's no where near as serious as my knee.

• Go
    Gordon Girl Apr 09, 2010

Aha, the same thing happened to me last night. The knee pad slipped off and I landed on the floor. Not only have I grazed my knee but there is something seriously wrong inside it. Have made a doctor's appointment for this morning...Buyers BEWARE!

• Aq
    Aquarian May 31, 2010

Los Angeles, CA

I was so excited to get my ab circle. Had it less than a week, had used it 4 times before. Went to use it this morning, knee pad slipped off and I was thrown off the machine and landed full force on my knee. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. Now I am sitting with my knee elevated and the pain seems to be getting worse. I know I am going to have to make a doctor's appointment to get it checked out. I'm never getting back on this thing, ITS NOT SAFE!!!

• Li
    Linda Asbury Nov 16, 2010

I have to agree...I have used it dozens of times...and usually I found that I had to turn the knee sets around in order to use it. Now I have done up to 300 swings without being overly tired and I'm 60 years old. Today, I didn't turn the knee sets. I was just over 50 swings and off I went. The knee pad slipped and it threw me off. As my body twisted my toe came down on the rail to one side and then my knee cap came down on another section. My knee is bruised, my back is twisted and I will probably go to the doctors office and see if my toe is broken, it is definately black and blue and no way will I be able to put a shoe on...and it is NOVEMBER!

• La
    lady in pain Jan 25, 2011

I thought it was just me, will not do that again know more I fell as well but the bad part about mine is I'm having surgery next week on my knee the pads slide right off . something need to be done about this...

• Di
    didi81 Mar 16, 2011

I fell of it as my knees slipped off as well but luckily it was just bruised and not that bad. My mother however, fell off it two days ago and has fractured or broken her ribs still waiting on results she is in sooooo much pain, something definetly needs to be done.

• Eg
    egg on knee, not happy Apr 16, 2011

I wish i had done a search on injuries before i purchased it last week. I have used it for one week until thursday night when my knees slipped off the pads and my left knee landed on the corner of the metal bar of the machine's base. I just laid clutching my knee trying not to vomit, the pain was awful. I am so angry to read this has happened to other people, but thankful that my injury is not as bad as others have sustained. However even if i wanted to use the machine again i couldnt due to the nice big lump on my knee.

• Gr
    Griseldis66 Sep 13, 2011

I bought the AB CIRCLE PRO and all parts are in very bad condition and fitting right. I tried it the first day for 3 muntes and next day i could not walk any more. my knees in this pads did hurt from the first moment and the big screws with are only covered with a little pad hurts my knees so much. You could really see the marks from the screws on top of my knees...but i thought i have to get used to it. Next day i had brueses from the hard unconfortable pads and the screws and could not walk any more. The night was so painful. I have to go to the GP. Iwould like to ask you all- is there a way to ask for compensation ? Could we all claim injury compansation / I think this is a SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE and a VERY VERY high risk for everyones health. Sorry for any mistakes but I am from Switzerland living in Kent.

• nrgrus Sep 20, 2011

Go for it!! They should be sued INHO. They (Readers Digest) is making a defective machine and deny complaints are being made! Make sure the retailer you bought it from gets you to the right insurance
    company (Chartis) so you can turn in a report!
    Ammie

Ab Circle Pro — back pain/ damage to lower spine

I purchased the ab circle pro after watching how promising it looked on tv. I bought it from ebay knowing...

Ab Circle ProBroke Toe

I brought the ab circle pro from walmart and after putting it together and using it, I notice that the pads you put in the knee cups would come out and you would have to keep fixing them in. But the fourth time on it and I was swinging from side to side my left knee came out when it did I came down on the machine and hurt my ribs and the best part about it I broke my left big toe who would have thought something like that would have happen so it cost me a doctor visit (twice) and maybe surgery on it. I would like to know from the rest of you that got hurt if you think there will be a class action on this. They need to recall this machine and put the knee pads in the cups. If you read the complaint on it everyone talks about the knee pads.

• In
    injuredbyabcircle Apr 07, 2010

I also broke my toe and my boyfriend really really messed up his knee-like ER bad! If you know of any class action suit we are interested!

• Je
    jennifer25 Apr 12, 2010

the knee cups do fall out a lot. i've slipped off the machine a couple of times. I figure it will only make me stronger..lol..if only i could lose the weight...

• Sm
    SmcTennessee May 11, 2010

I too have basically the same story as everyone else. The left knee pad slipped out and before I knew what or how this occured I was 2 feet from the machine holding my left knee which had struck the hardwood floor beneath me. It has been three months and I still cannot apply pressure to my knee and it is still badly bruised. This happened on the second time I used the ab circle pro, so I cannot benefit from the 30 day free trial offer due to injury. I really hope the company will acknowledge the problem and secure the padding to the cup. If it takes a lawsuit, so be it! Not worth the money or the pain!!!

Ab Circle Prorollers

We ordered an Ab Circle Pro from an internet site and got the machine just fine. A while later one of the rollers went bad and we contacted the company that made the machine and were told that we could not get parts for the machine because we did not order it from their company. I have been trying to find out where we can get replacement rollers for this product.
Would like to get help with this problem. Thanks

• Cm
    cmorac Mar 25, 2010

The exactly same thing happend to me. After one week of using it the roller started making a terrible noise when its swings from side to side. I sent an email twice within a month and this is the day that I haven't received any phone call back. Anyone knows anything about this? who to contact? I order through the internet.

• Ad
    adrian sweatman Mar 31, 2010

The same thing happened to our rollers, it just burnt out through the friction an gouged a bug hole in it. Consequently the machine is now useless and I can not find a replacement roller anywhere.

• He
    helenandwayne999 May 15, 2010

Where did you buy the item from? There are a lot of counterfeit ones about, we bought one from e-bay for £70 and thought we were getting a bargain, only once we got it home we noticed that there was no "ab circle pro" logo on the computer part and it said "insert two AA batteries" and there was only space for one! Luckily we got our money back but we'll be buying one straight from Ab Circle themselves next time!

Big Dave 1955 Aug 16, 2010

Hi all, there is only one solution to the roller problem and that is the upgraded red rollers from the Redroller Co.
    They are currently selling from the UK and Australia on ebay. The difference is amazing! They are a bit pricey but worked out alot cheaper then the two sets I went through and countless waste of time phonecalls I made to Ab circle pro. Hope this helps!

Ab Circle ProUNSAFE

My hubby bought the Ab Circle for me, for Christmas. I loved it, and used it until Feb. 9th. That day, the left knee pad, (bowl), came apart. I was on the advanced setting. I flew up into the air on the upswing and my whole left side landed on the unit. Starting with the handlebars to my chest, all the way down, and ending up with both sides of the broken bowl crunching my pelvis.
I went and had x-rays...bruised ribs. My first ever. Could not drive my manual trans. car for 8 days!!!

• Be
    Been Duped Feb 05, 2010

The Knee supports come loose while in use. I bruised my hip and broke a rib!!!

• Do
    do not know display name Mar 01, 2010

On January 13th of 2010 my acct was charged $79.90 for a virus scan for my computer the virus did not work and I have been trying to get my refund back since I cancelled the scan. What is going on would like my refund back.

• St
    stellla Apr 02, 2010

I also used ab circle pro and injured my hip, knee, and broke my toe! very unsafe product!!

Deb333286 Apr 05, 2010

Please see bruised not broken.
    Regards,
    Deb Felts
    [email protected]

Ab Circle Proabcircle pro

• nrgrus Nov 23, 2010

look for my fracture under 2 greenboard fractures on my Humrerus

• nrgrus Nov 23, 2010

Call 800-242-2923 ext 2549 for the Chartis Ins. Dawn Patz fax 866-695-0721 This thing is owned by READERS DIGEST!!!

Chris1981 Dec 01, 2010

Hi all, ive been through 3 sets of rollers so far. Now on my 4th set that i found through ebay and they are amazing!! Just typed in ab circle rollers into ebay and found some silver/grey bullet rollers. Makes the machine so much quicker and also quieter! There are a little more expensive but have had them nearly 3 months now and in perfect condition, my others lasted roughly 2 weeks before they wore out!! I believe these bullet rollers also come with a warranty. Hope this helps!

• nrgrus Dec 12, 2010

Be sure to know the knee pads will slip out when you go to the top and gain any speed. I had my HUmerous fractured in 2 places when it happened to me! Readers Digest says the product is not defective so I assume it is designed sop they slip out of the cups? I advize strapping yourself into the knee cups with velcro to prevent what happened to me? See my pictures.. My arm healed withoiut being set. Now I am permanently limited to motion with my right arm. Doing my hair hurts and driving is hazardous. Be careful!! Keep records!

Denise4066 Jan 25, 2011

Wow! I am glad I found this website. I just got off the phone with Ab Circle Pro customer service. I called because I just used my machine for the third time and fell out of it again. The first time I hurt my elbow. This time I did not get hurt but I was very concerned that this machine is not safe. Ab circle pro customer service told me that they had not received any calls about people falling out of the machine.

I explained that I workout 3 to 5 times a week. I am only about 15 pounds overweight and own a great deal of commercial grade exercise equipment. I know how to use exercise equipment.

The representative offered to send me some new rollers and a new bun and thigh pin. I googled "ab circle pro knee slipping out of cups" and this along with numerous other reviews came up. The representative was still on the phone with me and I informed her of the numerous comments on the web. She told me that she did not have access to the internet. I asked if there was somewhere I could make a formal complaint because this appears to be a serious safety issue. She told me that she did not know but I could look on the website.

I am just amazed at how this company is not concerned with the safety of the consumer. Any suggestions on who I can file a formal complaint with?

• nrgrus Apr 02, 2011

I would send an email to [email protected] and include your order number to request the claims
    department. They will send an investigator to look at the machine and take photo's. Then he will send a report
    the machine seems fine. If they come to your house have them actually get on it and try it!
    Thats what I advise.

Ab Circle ProSubstandard quality

I purchased my Ab Circle Pro 2 days ago and already it has become unusable. Initially I noticed that the left kneepad pivot was attached at a slight angle, unlike the right kneepad. The left kneepad will not swivel while the right pad spins freely. I overlooked this defect and have used it for a few hours now. In this short time, the paint on the frame that comes into contact with the rollers has worn off, and the rollers have now developed flat spots and will not spin. I am not excessively heavy (I weigh 150#) so I think this product was not made to actually be used by human beings.

PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! DO NOT BUY THIS SHAM OF A PRODUCT!!

Not_happy_Jan1 Feb 03, 2010

I bought the Ab Circle Pro last week and on the second use the left knee pad broke off from it's welding and the left swivel needs to be tightened everytime you use it. The computer keeps falling off when in use. Also the red plastic has deep grooves in it from just a few uses - I only weigh 125. Very poor materials and construction - totally useless now!

• Br
    Bruised not broken Mar 01, 2010

• Mi
    mishwein79 Mar 31, 2010

how do you tighten the knee pad? mine has a similar issue, where the left one swivels and the right one is stationairy. are both to suposed to swivel? or not move lol? and how do i fix this?

Deb333286 Apr 05, 2010

bad product

• Ti
    tinyleela Feb 28, 2011

I've really enjoyed using the ab circle pro. I can feel it working after just 4 days (half hour sessions)... and it is falling apart. Both of the handles have fallen off as the welding has broken, the runners on the circular section have crumbled away and the washers in the middle have almost gone. You can buy replacement rollers and washers but I don't have any welding equipment in my tool box! I'm only 8 stone, 5"5'... what would it be like for the big guys?!
    It's very badly made. Perhaps buy it with a mega warranty/guarantee.

• Ca
    cassiepaige Apr 04, 2011

Used my Ab circle four times, 12minutes. and its unuable. the peice that holds it together in the middle broke. do they not do refunds? [censor]ing [censor] if you ask me! and as to everyone whos knees swivil, neither of mine did. i gues thay all have different problems. should be taken of tv. its unfair to sell them to people if they are breaking

• Ad
    Ade575 Aug 25, 2011

Yeah bought mine a couple of days ago and already the rollers are wearing down the paint. I can't believe how many times i've slipped off the flaming thing its unreal like, need better knee supports so uncomfortable on your knees, i think those who are contemplating buying one just save your money!

Ab Circle ProBack Pain

Purchased the Ab Circle Pro and after putting it together noticed that they had included extra knee pads as a sort of "patch" for knees hitting the bolt that connected the attached pad. Using the extra pads caused the user to slip off of the machine causing possible injury.

After using the machine for a few days my wife and I noticed back pain from using the machine. Visited a Chiropractor who suggested that we stop use of the Ab Circle Pro and the back pain is gone.

My advice is DON'T buy it, and if you have one that you can return then do so immediately. I tried to return mine but as I was 2 weeks past the allowed date they would not help me. So I welcome a class action suit against this product and company ASAP.

• Ju
    judyjudes Mar 29, 2010

I had posted a while back explaining just what this machine can do if regards to hurting you, after I purchased it and started using it I noticed that the screws would get loose I would tighten them during my workout the screwed got loose and my legs were split apart after a few days I had severe lower back pain went to my primary doctor who ordered an MRI and I have tears and damage this happened in november of 2009 I have been to over 15 doctors trying to get help for my pain the twisting motion had dis-aliened my spine and cause a lot of damage. I live in pain now not only with my lower back but my neck as well. I would be one of the first to say YES we should get a legal action against this company for selling something that has not been researched to ensure the safety of the consumer who buys this unsafe machine!!! anyone feeling the same way as me please email me at [email protected]

• Te
    Teresa Ellis Jun 03, 2010

I purchased my ab circle pro fully assembled. While using the divice with the knee pads, my leg has slipped, I tried to be more aware after the first time it happened. subsequently it happened a second time. this time causing me to hit hard on the right side of my chest. I feel like I tore someting as I have to hold my chest to cough or sneeze. I can't lay on my right side because of the pain. I am using crutches because of recient ankle surgery. I have to hold my breath to use the crutches as the pain in my chest is so intense. It has been a week today 6/3/10 and I am still in pain.
    When I have used the machine without the knee pad it caused me to rub a bleeding sore where the bolt holds the knee pad to the device. I am not happy with the Ab cirlce pro as I can't use it long enough to get results without causing pain to another part of my body. Frankly I am leery about using it anymore.

• Io
    Iona Moguel Jul 29, 2010

The Ab Circle is definitely dangerous. I had an MRI done after constant lower back pain after using this product. The MRI identified that I had a prominent disc protusion at the L5-S1 level with probable associated free fragment extending to a nerve vessel. We need to file a class action. Technically, I will have to surgery to repair my lower spine.

Ab Circle ProPlastic wheels

Bought this prouduct for Christmas. Can assembled except handels knee pads and counter. In less then 10 minutes of Testing the fiberglass wheels started chunking off leaving deep groves in the red disk. I have never seen a price of exercize equipment fall apart so quick in my life!! Needless to say I returned it to walmart for a full refund of my 223.00 .. Plastic wheels on a plastic disk = friction. I should menchen for those of u with a few pounds to lose. I weight 110 pounds and thought this would just b a good way to tone my abs. There really is no short cut to lose weight or get toned.. Hard work sweat and tears is truly the only way to go.. This product is plastic crap. There is no real service altho they automatic emails are sent out . Telling u to call them with any problems. Unless ur punching in a credit card for an order.. It will hang up on u otherwise . Don't waste ur time or money or gas to return even if u get ur money back!!.. Ps . Walmart costomers.. All books.nuts . Bolts.. And plasic bags are expected for full return :$

• Ml
    MLTaylor Jan 09, 2010

I agree with you 100%. I just got my Ab Circle Pro and the very first time I got on it the rollers broke. What a piece of junk. Don't buy it!!

• Nu
    Nurse1982 Mar 24, 2010

My friend and I that I work with both received the Ab Circle pro as gifts for Christmas. Both of us have the same problem with the machine. We both have been using them for the same amount of time, which is about 3 months. We both noticed that the rollers on the bottom of the knee pad on the right side had wore down flat and WAS NO LONGER ROLLING! My friend and I both weigh around 145lbs, and luckily we didn't weight 300lbs because they wouldn't have lasted a day. Actually the first time I used mine I noticed paint coming off and pieces of the wheel scrapping off so I used some WD-40 on it, and it did quit for a little while. But now, my roller on the left nor my friends will roll AT ALL!! So we are both really pissed about this, and will more than likely being calling the Better Business Burro ourselves. So I wouldn't suggest for anyone to buy this product. It is a piece of CRAP and isn't worth the plastic that it took to make it!

Chris1981 Dec 01, 2010

Ab Circle Probad parts

I purchased this machine August 2009. I used it for about 2 weeks and the rollers started to "melt", leaving shreds of plastic on my floor. I contacted ab circle pro and they sold me a 3 year warranty for $30.00. they also sent me a new machine. They told me the design of the rollers was bad. The warranty is to cover the machine in full for 3 years. I received my new machine in 10 days. The rollers on the new machine have started to melt. I cannot get thru to customer service to get new rollers that are supposed to be covered under the warranty.

• Lc

Ab Circle Pro
    Posted: 2009-12-13 by Vizio

roller slution

Complaint Rating:
    Some units of the Ab Circle Pro may experience rollers failing after a short period of use. A new roller upgrade kit is available from the manufacturer at no charge by calling 1-800-983-6905.

BigKeith216 Feb 24, 2010

If anyone is trying to find info reagrding corporate office for the AB Circle Pro..you can thank Robert #8100 for his help...The Corporate company is called DEMG AND THE ADDRESS

8280 WILLOW OAKS CORPORATE DR FL 8TH, FAIRFAX VA 22031-4518
    703-645-2326
    703-663-4500

I WOULD LOVE FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT TO BE FILED THIS COMPANY IS VERY ARROGANT AND DISSEPTIVE!!!

• Ky
    kylie cotton Aug 09, 2010

I would have to agree with some other complaints on the ab circle, I barley had my ab cirbcle for 2 wks and the rollers are melting making shreds of plastic and paint on my floor.

• Jm
    Jmcsnyder Sep 10, 2010

Wow, your rollers lasted more than a day?? I tested it out for four minutes, and the right roller all ready wore a pit in one spot! I'm only 115! Best part? Company claims I have no right to warranty, that the warranty was voided when I purchased it online from someone authorized to sell the product. Just because the company I bought from is authorized to sell the product, the company claims the warranty is void if purchased via Ebay.

The refused to talk to me anymore, saying I had no reason to be calling at all, and subsequently hung up on me. When I called back, the supervisor said he had no reason to talk to me and hung up on me too.

What a joke.

• Ke
    kerron Oct 16, 2010

i baught a ab circle in 2009 and used it for 2 weeks it was working untill the roller start shreading i would like to know if and were i can get rollers to purchase ... ab corcle really works for me

Denny R Jun 28, 2011

Used the machine about 8 to 10 times. Right roller melted. Called the number that was mentioned above. All they wanted to do was sell me a warranty. What a cheaply made produvt!

Ab Circle ProCan't Return Item

I ordered this item via the internet. Got a card in the mail saying it would be backordered. I received the item about a week later. I NEVER opened the box, as I had been thrown from a horse a few days earlier. My husband is a physical therapist and suggested I DO NOT use the product because of the probability of further injuring myself. After a few weeks, I called the company because they kept billing my credit card. I informed them that I wanted to return the product, but could not do so because I only had a P.O. box. I was given a return authorization number by the CSR I spoke to, but no physical address. UPS and the USPS will not deliver large packages to P.O. boxes. I called back the next day, and was told that I could NOT return the product because it was over 30 days! Why then was I given a RA number to begin with. I was told that the person I spoke to made an obvious mistake! Obvious mistake??? I would not be allowed to return it and still owed $119.85 for it. I contacted my credit card company, and they were also of no assistance. I tried to contact the company again, to try and find out which state they operate out of. Well, it is NOT California. So you can not report them to the California Attorney General's office. You can not get anyone to tell you where their headquarters are located. Can anyone, or does anyone have this information. I am stuck with a brand new, still in the box product, and they want $119.85 even though I can not use it.

BigKeith216 Feb 24, 2010

8280 WILLOW OAKS CORPORATE DR FL 8TH, FAIRFAX VA 22031-4518
    703-645-2326
    703-663-4500

• Da
    DanSt Jul 20, 2011

The -1800 number for Ab Pro Circle, in CA is useless. It is manned by persons reading for a script or who simply tell you no. Unless you have registered your product at the time of purchase, they will not send you replacement parts. They refer you to the internet, and when you google it, all the references refer you back to the very number you just called. I have called DEMP to request assistance in this matter. I havbe the product, used it, and wore the rollers out. Now I need new ones. I think they are wanting me to buy a new one, when there is nothing wrong with my existing one that two new rollers won't fix. If you can't get parts unless you register the product, that fact should be posted in clear language so the buyers know that BEFORE buying the product.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices