Close Combat Training Complaints & Reviews

Close Combat TrainingOrdering Close Combat Training

I received an email from gary reinert stating that I placed an order for close combat training this morning, august 26, 2012 @ 4:30 am, mt. Transaction id. [protected], invoice no. [protected]. I did not place an order with close combat for any of its products, recently. Especially, not this morning or at any other time. I would appreciate it, very much if this can be resolved asap and whomever really placed this order be severely reprimanded!!
Thank you... Rod rogers

Close Combat TrainingCaptain Chris

Ah, another junkie with a super, top secret hand to hand combat system for sale. This has been going on since at least the early 90's. It's always the same. A former "elite" US (or some other country Israel, Iran, Russia) is offering, for a very limited time, his super secret "unbeatable" hand to hand combat system. The individual claims to have trained Navy Seals, Delta Force, etc...
I am a martial arts instructor and I've seen this and others and they are all basically the same in theory. First off the individual will make the claim that "all traditional martial arts are no good in a "real life" fighting situation". Then they throw all kinds of technical terms like autonomic/autokinetic reaction system etc... to show that theirs is a truly "scientific" system and so much better than any traditonal "garbage" that doesn't work. Some of the claims can get pretty far out, such as "a 98 year old grandma watched the videos and beat a 250 pound thug who tried to steal her purse". Some will even suggest that nefarious forces within the government are currently working the stop the sale of the vidoes to keep this extremely dangerous knowledge out of your hands.
I am here to tell you that these videos were primarliy prodiced to get your money. Any sane person knows that there is no way under the sun that a 98 year old gradma could take down a 250 lb thug any more than a 50 year old grandma could.
People who are caught up in this hype suffer from what I call "Matrix Envy". Just like in the movie they want to be ble to lay down, get plugged into a computer, and have all the skill and techniques downloaded into thier brains. Well, sorry to break it to you. that simply doesn't work. There is no way that a person can watch a video and then go and take what they have seen and use it effectively in a confrontation. These guys also claim that traditional martial arts techniques are impractical because they are never tested in a "real life" encounter. Well, suprise suprise, unless "Captain Chris" is heading down to the pub every other night and picking a fight with some guy in order to "test" his techinques - neither are his. The videos alwasy claim that the best techinques are the simple ones which in some respects is true but those "simple techiques" have always been culled from other traditional martial arts styles.
Bottom line, take your money and invest it in something that will make YOU siome money. There is no way that you are going to b able to sit on the couch, eat chips, watch the videos, and become a mrtial ats master.

Close Combat TrainingFormer Navy Seal was impressed!

I really enjoy the training and have viewed some of them with a former Navy Seal who was quite impressed with the videos!

Close Combat TrainingMany Thanks Captain Chris & Crew

Hi Captain Chris, Thank You for making these DVD's.. About a year ago I was badly hurt when I was attacked but what was more hurt was my confidence which is not a good thing if you work in security like myself, I nearly quit my job because i lost alot of self belief, I'm only a basic night watch man but how can my employers trust me to guard a site if i dont believe in myself to be able to defend myself or that site, I tried alot of self help stuff but that didnt work... Then something great came along and that was You and your Crew so by watching your ABC trainning DVD's it had a real effect on me and it really does show.. Many Thanks Captain Chris & Crew.

Close Combat TrainingYour products give me the edge!

Morning guys, I love your products and believe that you supply some of the best, most realistic and diehard training products around. Being an ex-commando myself and having studied martial arts for over 20 years, I love keeping fit and staying sharp and your products definitely give me the edge!
Cheers guys and keep up the good work!!! Regards, Conor

• Hc
    hckymn Feb 23, 2012

I have bought 2 of their training programs, while I agree that the techniques are good, I also must say the production is severally lacking. It is obvious they put more money into promoting and advertising then they did into the actual production. This is especially the case in the Escape Combatives training. They took actual video from one of his training programs for police. Made me feel that his information wasn't important enough to be presented properly. Most of the video is them standing around or practicing on the audience. 90% is wasteful filler material. I feel your money would much better be spent on getting personal lessons from a local self defense trainer.

• Cb
    cbonnette Aug 08, 2012

If this guy is ex-commando should he already have this training?

Close Combat TrainingIt worked for me.

I can’t tell you how excited I was to finally get some real tools necessary to safeguard myself and my loved ones. I’ve already started sharing it with my older sister to give her confidence

She and I think the world of Chris and we haven’t even met him, yet. Perhaps someday we will have the privilege to meet him, but for now please except our gratitude and humble thanks for opening our eyes to the real world and to, as Capt. Chris says Fear no man WOW! I’m a totally changed man! I only wish I found him (Chris) back in 2008 before loosing a loved one to violence. As our education continues with Capt. Chris, it is my hope to make him proud! For what he has and continues to do not just for me and my loved ones, but for the world, a simple thanks just doesn’t cover it! Thanks again, Capt. Chris and staff members! Best Regards, Stephen Mansfield

• Gl
    Glen Sallee May 19, 2011

Hi, My name is Glen Sallee. I purchased the program over a year ago. I find it to really have helped me see self defense as that and I understand what MA really are now.

• Gl
    Glen Sallee May 19, 2011

Captain Cris, Many Thanks for your constant email support, updates and such a fine product. Your input is greatly appreciated. Once again many thanks for such a fine product.

Close Combat Trainingrip off

When you go to buy these cheesy DVDs be VERY careful to scroll down to the bottom and find all the barely visible hyperlinks to the REAL TOS. Things like 'You agree to give up all rights to sue, all rights to join in a class action, all right to file with States Attys General, give up right to recover, all videos you post become OUR property and you get zip...yada yada yada.

Really really useless DVDs - and you don't get just the ones you think you ordered - you also get mothly 'extras' for lots more $$$ taken right off your credit card. They warn you also (if you find the right link) that they hack your system, grab your IP system, your cc history, etc. If you attempt anything they don't like they don't sound like they want to have some shrimp on the barbie.

Remember, anytime you do business out of the country you have ZERO rights. These guys did it one better- they hook you all the way and find rights to take you didn't even know you had.

My husband, myself, my oldest son etc all have 3rd degree or higher black belts. A friend of ours bought the tapes & got suckered into a never ending nightmare.We laughed ourselves to tears watching those cheap crap that look like they were shot in someone's basement. Lousy lighting and faked moves - strictly movie stunt work style. Try this nonsense on the street and you'd end up - if your lucky- on your *ss.

You can't really see much of anything helpful. Besides, any decent studio will train the lowest white & yellow belts as much -or more - than what this junk has. Folks, NOBODY can learn 'life-saving killer martial arts in a weekend' like this guy claims. You have to practice every single move over and over until it becomes part of your auto reflex system. then, when some idiot comes driving thru Burger King at 40 mph while you're crossing to your car you can do what my son did - a shoulder roll and flip to safe ground. Didn't even spill a drop of his soda. The 20 yr old driver almost had a heart attack - thought he killed him! Or those two idiots who pulled handguns to rob my son [out undercover from the USMC one weekend in Fredricksburg who already had his 4th degree when he went in] ...they ended up in jail - after several weeks in the hospital. We never tell anyone we're martial arts trained, there is no ' my hands are registered weapons'' crapola. Just a way to tap into the inner power, the Chi within each person - when it's taught right.

Save yourself a huge amount of hassle - skip this junk.

• Mi
    Mike Lisi12 May 18, 2011

Kudos on a great product. I was under the impression the first DVD set was only a single DVD. When it came, WOW, what a great deal. Three disc plus a bonus. The material presented was meat and potatoes. Captain Cris does a great job of explaining the moves inside of each situation. I'm on the lean side of 70 and out of shape. Thanks for the inspiration to take better care of myself. I'm a veteran of Early Special Ops in the USAF; First Air Commando Wing, 1963. I've had past Martial Arts training Juko Kai Judo/Karate. Years later things don't move so well. This course seems like it will be right up my alley. I hope it's ok to keep you abreast of my progress with the course. AGain, kudos and much Thanks, Mike Lisi Maypearl Texas USA

• Re
    Real fighter Sep 01, 2012

my son did - a shoulder roll and flip to safe ground. Didn't even spill a drop of his soda... Please what a load, Watching too many movies will cause this. Or those two idiots who pulled handguns to rob my son, Why not three or four I'm glad your imagination has limits..What a loser

Close Combat Training — Unauthorized Charges

This guy, "Captain" Chris Pizzo, sells a series of DVDs which purportedly instruct the viewer in close...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices