AAA.com / bad customer service
About 3 yrs ago, when i held aaa membership, one of my car battery went dead, so i asked aaa to replace it (With 3 yrs free replacement, and 5 yrs gurantee).
Now, just about 2 months after the replacement, the battery went dead again, and i don't have the membership. I called aaa's number for battery service, below is the process:
1. First, a lady picked my phone, and asked my questions. After learning that i was not a member, she let me hold on to wair for her checking my information. I waited, waited, waited. Ok, another woman came in, and asked my questions again, but it seemed that she had problem to follow what i said, so, she spoke loudly and loudly (With a little bit of joy) , to let me repeat what i said again and again, "sorry, i cann't hear you, are you speaking english?", "sorry, what do you mean?", "sorry, i really cann't understand you, i have to hang up",...
So, before she hang up, i hang up.
2. Then after a while, i called again. This time, another young lady talked with me and she really understood me and quickly agreed to give me a free battery with a service charge of $65 (About). But i didn't want to give aaa the money without comaprison now, so i thanked her, hang up, and do the online shopping.
3. After searching, i found that a battery alone costed >$70, so i called aaa again. This time, the lady cann't find any information about me now, nothing left.
Ok, that's fine, i am not in a hurry to use my car. So, i did a local search shopping and find a good deal in costco and buy a battery (<$70) , and replaced the dead aaa one. My car can be started and run now.
When i talked with my colleague about the battery, his first response was i was given a rebuilt or used one.
Whatever, with gps, google map, other similar membership for travel service, lots of competitors appearing, one thing to my relieve is that i don't need to buy aaa forever.
About 2 yrs ago, i got a very bad service in compusa (One item missed from my box) , now where is the company?
More AAA.com Complaints & Reviews
- AAA.com - will not transport your pet with you 
- AAA.com - insurance claims
- AAA.com - poor customer service 
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - auto insurance aaa drive app discount
- AAA.com - will not cancel membership 
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - aaa road side service
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - triple a plus
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - towing
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - battery issue
- American Automobile Association / AAA.com - aaa car battery