24 Hour Fitness / deceptive advertising and harassment!
I've been a 24 hour fitness (in Hillcrest, San Diego)member for almost 6 years now. When I rejoined the gym and prepaid for 3 years in Jan 2007 to receive 5 free training sessions as advertised, the trainers were not available during the day or early evenings because they got other paying clients. I did finally get an appointment with and trainer Dan, and was told he canceled the session when I showed up (without warning) because he needed time to train someone else. I was told 3 months later I no longer got the free training because it had passed the time frame to receive free training sessions. My second complaint is the Hillcrest gym fails to maintain their equipment. It takes more than a month to fix a broken cardio machine and their reason is always that they are waiting for parts. The gym is over crowded and the men's locker room is sometimes unsanitary. Recently, one trainer in particular, John Miller, has been verbally aggressive and made physically threatening gesture by yelling within couple inches to my face, because I protested that he occupies more than a workout machine for his client at the same time during the rush hour in an overcrowded gym. Exercising in the gym is supposed to be a relaxing time at the end of the day for me, but the experience in this 24 Hour fitness has been unpleasant despite my best effort. They make an effort to get as many people to join as possible but they do not maintain their gym with treat people with respect for paying members.
More 24 Hour Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- 24 Hour Fitness - dues increase??? 
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor members treatment! 
- 24 Hour Fitness - fraud class action suit 
- 24 Hour Fitness - consumer fraud 
- 24 Hour Fitness - unprofessional behaviour! 
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - rohnert park 24 hour fitness: loud radio
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - fitness trainers to substitute in case class instructor is sick, on vacation or holiday weeks.
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - 24 hours cutler ridge
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - service at 24 hr fitness high st oakland ca
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - employee misconduct