2000 chevrolet corvette / recall of steering column lock
I took my 2000 corvette in to have a recall repaired for a steering column lock notice that was displayed on my Drivers Information Center. I had received the recall notice earlier and had to have the car hauled to the Rooster Bush Chevrolet dealership. They kept the car for three weeks waiting on the parts. They replaced a relay under the dash that GM said would fix the the problem. I went to pick up the car that they said was fixed. When I got into the car to leave the car was not fixed. It was the same problem as before. I told them that I would leave the car there to have it fixed properly. They called me the next day to tell me that an actuator motor would have to be replaced in order to solve the problem. They said it would cost me $908.00 to fix it. I said, hold on and not to do anything yet. I called a local non-Chevrolet auto
service friend that did work for me from time to time and asked him to look at the car to see if he knew what could be causing the problem. He had the car hauled to his work shop and found out that the relay that the Rooster Bush technicians had installed was a defective one. He installed another new relay and the problem was solved. I asked Bush to reimburse me for the cost of having the problem corrected and they refused. But they had been willing to install an actuator motor that was not defective and charge me the $908.00.
I think that this was totally unethical to try to charge me for something that was not defective when all they had to do was to check the relay to see if it was defective first before trying to replace something else.
The GM checklist for the Steering column lock repair stated to simply replace the relay and the problem was solved.
More 2000 chevrolet corvette Complaints & Reviews
- Chevrolet 2500 hd - 6.6 duramax fuel injectors 
- Chevrolet Motors Uk Ltd, Lottery Award - fake or mreal 
- Chevrolet Motors Worldwide Ltd. - chevrolet programs & events department 
- chevrolet car - fake lootery 
- Chevrolet Motors Worldwide Ltd. - scam lottery 
- Chevrolet - for the claim of 35.5cr from chevrolet motors world wide london
- Chevrolet of Rockville, MD. - delayed servicing 
- Chevrolet - sticker price?
- Chevrolet - myself we bought a chevy trax 2017
- Chevrolet - 2104 chevrolet silverado