2-10 Home Warranty / customer service

1 United States

I recently moved, so we got this home warranty for our home. The first time I used it I have had the worst experience of my life.

My gas stove top was not working, so I submitted an order and they sent a man through a business. I was getting emails with updates on when the man was coming. He ended up coming and was one of the rudest people we have ever dealt with in our lives. My mom and I have never been insulted so bad before.

First of all, the old guy who came David, knocked on our door extremely loudly when we did not answer it that second (First red flag) and came in. This company was called through my home warranty, I would never hire anyone like that. my gas stove was not working properly. He was there for half a second and he said it is done.

My mom said no, the stove is not working. It is making a weird noise and it is not turning on. He loudly BANGED my cabinets. He said "stop asking me questions, you are asking me too much." SERIOUSLY? WHO SAYS THAT TO SOMEONE? He said pay me now. My mom said yeah I will pay you but fix my stove first. He said No it is working. My mom said no, it is making noises. He said "it must be in your head." And then he said pay me now. Then when my mom said but the stove is not working he said "Pay me now and never call me again" and WHILE my mom was talking to him he rudely stormed out of my house and said once again, never call me again and he BANGED my door. That is very insulting and rude. You do not talk to a customer like that. He had the audacity to "cancel" the appointment, as it says on my email WHEN HE ACTUALLY SHOWED UP and starting banging everything in my house! David did that so we could not file a complain against him. The receptionist is also a rude lady at his office. WATCH OUT. I swear the I TEAM needs to do an investigation on this shady company.

The thing is that we were assigned this company through our home warranty. I would never in my life hire a man like that. We trusted our home warranty to send us someone smart, nice, and who can get the work done. This man had the audacity to cancel the appointment so there would be no proof that he came, when he came and damaged the items in my home.

My mom was in tears because of this man. We called 2-10 customer service and told the representative what happened to us. We asked to talk to a supervisor to see what the next steps were, as we were assigned this company through 2-10 Home Warranty. She seemed understanding, but the supervisor did not seem understanding at all. It seemed like she was not paying attention to anything my mom and I were saying on the phone. All she was concerned was about the 75.00 dollar service fee. She kept saying you will get an invoice because of the service. But the thing is, we were not talking about the service fee. We were trying to complain on what we went through in our own home, because of the people that were sent to us through 2-10 Home Warrantee. The Customer service rep and the supervisor told us 2 different things. The rep said that she has scheduled someone else to come and we will give the service fee to them. I was a little surprised that we did not get any compensation. We should at-least get the fee waived because my mother literally was in tears because of the man that came to our house. I told her I do not want to pay if the man was going to be rude, I was scared to be insulted again. And the rep said well you did not pay before. Let me make myself clear. My mother told the man she will pay him if he fixed our stove top. He banged our door on the way up, screamed do not call me again, and did not take payment AND I got an email saying that my service with him was cancelled. So the supervisor kept on bringing up the service fee and said the original person who came to my home needed a second opinion and we do not have to pay a fee. I was told two conflicting things. I told the supervisor that the man who came literally "cancelled" the appointment YET still came to my home and starting insulting us in our own home. I am very upset that the supervisor was more concerned about the 75.00 service fee than the insult we endured. I asked the supervisor what the next steps are, and she said Claims handles all the complaints. We asked to be transferred through claims and she said she will tell them to call me. No one has called me back. The supervisor also said that she took my number for the next contractor to contact me. I asked her okay will claims call me back as well? She said "oh, yes they will too". She literally forgot that two minutes prior we talked about claims calling me back. She was not paying attention what so ever. All she cared about was the service fee. That was not why we called customer service. She needs to be trained on how to talk to customers.

I am extremely upset as we got insulted so much, yet 2-10 did not offer ANY type of compensation and it seemed that all they cared about was the service fee. We were not happy with calling them. I have read many reviews that 2-10 sends rude contractors to peoples homes. This is unreal. We have paid 650.00 dollars for this service. I am so sad on how 2-10 treated this so lightly. All the supervisor cared about was the 75.00 service fee EVEN THOUGH the contractor who came to my home sent a cancellation email. I am appalled right now.

Sn