Cohen " Slamowitz, LLPWage garnishment for credit card debt

K

I recieved a wage garnishment from local sheriff dept. for an outstanding credit card bill. Supposedly judgemented back in 2003 for $6, 700. I have received NOTHING from Cohen & Slamowitz regarding this debt and now they are garnishing my wages for $12, 000 ($4, 500 in interest and $600 in county fee for collection)!!! In the paperwork they have the my supposed weekly pay incorrect. How can these people tack on this interest when I've never received anything from them asking for payment in the 8 years they say the debt has been outstanding. They are going to garnish my wages for over $400 per month due to the incorrect payroll amount they THINK I make? This is ludicrious and we need to stop these crooks! Help!

• Ge