Codina InternationalFraud

Does anybody know to what level of goverment the victims of Angelina Codina or Codina International can file a law suit? Right now the only option is to take her to Small Claims Court, but then we're not solving the root of the problem because there are still people falling victims to this fraudulent practice.

Another thing I'm wondering is if the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is closely monitoring her tax obligations. For a person who lies, cheats, steals and deceives at every opportunity that she can, it's very likely that she can do the same thing to the CRA. The vast majority of her clients' payments are cash deals and I wonder if these deals ever made it on her book. Her consultants also get paid cash for the bonuses to avoid having to pay income tax. For instance, Yasmeen the Farsi consultant earns somewhere between $3000-$4000 in bonus per month for the amount of fees she collects (plus her salary, she then earns more than a lawyer who spends years and years in law school). This is something the CRA should look into.

anum aslam Oct 15, 2012

file an official complaint through law society of upper canada!

• Mo
    Montrealer Dec 13, 2012

I wish I'd seen this before we arranged the 2nd payment to them. I'm also the victim of this company now.

Angela Codina Dec 22, 2012

The multiple complaints are completely unfounded and often are created by one person since the complaints are all copy/paste.
    Here we have a person who has posted an alleged complaint on July 18, 2012 under the pseudo name of Disappointed Canadians followed by a further posting on July 28, 2012, as a purported comment to the July 18, 2012, this time identifying himself as George Anderson Kaufman, both postings listed as coming from Quebec. This fake whois, however, is none other than a former employee of Codina International’s Toronto office by the name of Avi Burstin. Mr. Burstin is believed to be behind most of the postings on this site regarding Codina International and Ms. Codina, while masquerading under various pseudo names.
    Mr. Burstin worked at the Toronto offices of Codina International for two years from 2010 to May 2012. He complains of staff earning more than licensed attorneys but he himself is not a licensed Canadian attorney and yet expects to be remunerated far more than one who is licensed in Canada. While working at Codina International, not only did he receive a substantial income but also a very generous bonus.
    His allegations stem primarily from the fact that he did not wish to pay the taxes on his earned income which led him not to continue working with the firm after he received his T4A papers. For him to now turn around and make these serious false allegations against the firm, Ms. Codina and staff members of the company, is preposterous and should not be permitted. His schizophrenic and fraudulent actions should be exposed for all to note the kind of man that he is.
    Even after having filed the July postings on this site, he had the audacity to communicate with Ms. Codina and seek to return to work with Codina International. If he was so concerned about Ms. Codina and the company why would he be willing to work with them? That goes to show how conniving and manipulative he is. Here is his email forwarded to Ms. Codina on August 13, 2012, word per word:
    Hi Angela,

Is our meeting on for tomorrow? If you are avoiding me because of what has happened to me health wise which forced me to be absent I wanted you to know that I understand. I want to thank you for the 2 years in which I had learned so much from you, on the legal side as well as on the management and entrepreneurship aspect of running your own firm. Each and everyday you give 110% of yourself to the business and that's extremely admirable. I have never met anyone like you and that's to say the least. I wish you the best in pursuing your dreams and I hope we can remain in contact.

Sincerely,

Avi Burstin, LL.B

I think that says it all.

• I'm also one of her victims. my case got rejected and now she's ignoring me and not paying me back my money as she promised. I've also worked for her company both in Toronto and Calgary for about 3 months, so i have lots of information about her.
    [email protected]
    contact me
    I WILL get my money back from that liar!

• This is to inform everyone who has seen Codina International’s advertisement in a newspaper. After having realized that Codina International’s name has been tarnished to an extent where merely by typing this company’s name and Angela Codina’s name on Google, you can find reports of her immigration frauds.

Always check the reputation of such immigration firms before making any commitments. Remember, not all immigration firms are legitimate. It's best to be wary of any firm that promises too much and/or costs too much. If you are thinking about using Codina International’s services, ask for references from her current clients and check the firm's reputation by making simple online search.

I am one of her MANY victims. You should be careful because she has changed her company’s name to CIC International to make it look more legitimate and so that she can stay beyond Google search’s reach. After having been sued by several clients and now being under watch list of fraud businesses, she is now using a different name for herself and her fake business. Her new name is Angele Kontina and the new name that she is using for her business is CIC International.

Canadian Government stands by all of the victims that have been defrauded by Angela Codina aka Angele Kontina. She will try her best to intimidate you to prevent you from reporting on her but if you contact the Canada Border Services Agency’s (CBSA) at 1‑888-502-9060 and at [email protected] they will help you not only in your immigration matter but also help you recover your money that have been taken fraudulently by her.
    You can also report to Law Society of Upper Canada that she presents herself as a lawyer despite the fact that due to her egregious criminal history, her license was cancelled in the year 2000 (13 years ago). You can reach their Complaints Department at Toll-free: 1-800-268-7568 General line: 416-947-3310TTY: 416-644-4886Fax: 416-947-5263.

The complaint should fairly and impartially summarize the action or inaction of Codina International now known as CIC International.

Canadian Government will be thoroughly pleased and will also provide you with special support if you report Angela Codina or Angele Kontina to save many people any further from this fraudster and her unethical and illegal business practices.

Angela Codina Feb 14, 2013

Wow! It is truly unbelievable that these kinds of postings are being permitted without verification of claim or identity. Here is a person who claims that his application was rejected when in fact it was approved and the proof is available. Having identified himself in this manner, the matter can certainly be taken up in a court of law and not only will he be liable for libel and slander but his status in Canada may certainly be jeopardized further. This is someone who was to be sponsored by Codina International and was being trained for this purpose. He was however unwilling to await resolution of the matter and before receiving his approval went into a rampage attacking Ms. Codina in much worse language and tone then what appears in this posting. Although an approval of his case was secured, and there was no refund requirement involved, in light of his rash behaviour it was apparent that he could not work with the firm in the future and it was decided that it would be best to close the case and refund him the fees paid for the application. Since there was a breakdown of communication between the parties, it was decided that all future communication would be effected through his brother-in-law. Now, however, the matter has taken a turn for the worse and unless Mr. Armin recants his false and slovenly comments, there will be no alternative left but for me to seek punitive and exemplary damages both against him and the Complaints Board. This site needs to be shut down.

Guess what Angela Fraud Codina,
    I will do everything i can possibly can, and that's a whole freaking lot, to bring your fraudulent business to light to not just Canadians but everyone in the world. I'm an ad guy. and i've sold Pepsi, Frito-lay, and Nike to the world. You ripped off my parents. I will make ads that will end you. Here's a headline for you. CODINA INT. WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY. You want a subhead? ANGELA CODINA IS A CONVICTED FELON.

Avy1974 Mar 30, 2013

Everyone, Fraud Codina is apparent also a ### lawyer. Make sure you lodge a complaint to The Law Society of Upper Canada. here are the details:
    Complaints Services
    The Law Society of Upper Canada
    Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West
    Toronto Ontario
    M5H 2N6
    General line: 416-947-3310
    Toll-free: 1-800-268-7568

Avy1974 Mar 30, 2013

one more thing I will add. This money stealing b**ch will try to threaten you will libel, slander whatever. She's trying to frighten you not to speak up. If you tell the truth of how you were ripped off, she's dead in court. Cause, the TRUTH is not against the law!

Codina is a crook Mar 30, 2013

Angela Codina of Codina International has been convicted of FRAUD in Canada. She has also been convicted in the US on 2 counts of scheming to DEFRAUD, 11 counts of GRAND LARCENY, and 14 counts of practising as an attorney WITHOUT LICENSE. AVOID Codina International or you too will have money stole.
    Report her to The Law Society Of Upper Canada.

sabbath66 Mar 31, 2013

This witch Angela Codina and i use the word witch loosely is the Devil. she is evil. she will rob you of your money. your peace of mind and your future. Do not use her services. Do not call Codina International. They have stolen millions of dollars from innocent people trying to help their families to emigrate. Google her company and her name and the truth is right there.
    She is evil.

Codinavictim May 01, 2013

Yes i agree i filed for my sister and paid her over 10k, she promised that the visa will take max 3 months, that was back in 2011, i am trying to get hold of someone since then, every time i hear new excuse, i am going to take them to court now. If anyone can help out in this matter please contact me

xue 520 Jul 29, 2013

I am one of her victim as well. We should organize together to find a way to get our money back. That is how she got caught in US and sentenced to jail before. anybody interested in build a website for us, and we can contact each other. She knew it is hard for us to meet each other. that is why she doesn't give a ### about us.

Codina Victim Aug 12, 2013

I have been a victim of Angela Codina. She took $10000 from me and did nothing for me. She treated me very badly and there were hundreds of people who had worse stories than mine of being victim to Angela's evil craft.

BettyWang Aug 13, 2013

I was one of Codina International 's staff in the Ottawa office. I quit my job after I found out she was sentenced imprisonment in The US. She didn't pay me at all. I worked there more than two weeks. She owe me more than 800 dollars.They send me a cheque early July. But the cheque was rejected by the bank three days later. Because she doesn't have any money in her bank account. I called many times. They told me to wait all the time. I don't think she is going to pay me. She probably did this many times already. I knew there are at least two other girls haven't got paid as well after they quit.It seems only people work in Toronto office get paid. I filed a claim already. Hope other people will do that too. Keeping quiet that is exactly what she wants. No matter clients or staff, please try to protect yourself from this awful lady. She used to be a lawyer. The best way to get your money back is going through government agent or a lawyer. There must be plenty court cases waiting for her already. So adding one more is a good thing for everybody .

codinavictiim Aug 22, 2013

A Toronto immigration lawyer, once convicted in Canada on fraud charges, now faces a lengthy stay in a U.S. prison for fleecing clients.

Angelina (Angie) Codina was sentenced Monday in a Manhattan court to a prison term of 9{ to 28 years. She was also ordered to pay $108, 840 (U.S.) in restitution.

After a two-week trial in May, she was convicted in the Manhattan State Supreme Court of two counts of scheming to defraud, 11 counts of grand larceny, and 14 counts of practising as an attorney without being licensed in New York state.
    If she loses her appeal, Ms. Codina must, under U.S. law, serve the full 9{ years before she can apply for parole. It could take several months to a year before her appeal is heard, Mr. Reiss said.

Whether Ms. Codina serves only the 9{ years or a longer time depends on how she handles her incarceration, said Brad Maione of the New York State Attorney- General's office.

Since her conviction, Ms. Codina has been housed at the Rose M. Singer Center at the Ryker's Island Prison in New York, but she will be moved to Bedford Hills Prison, the only women's prison in New York State, Mr. Maione said.

Ms. Codina ran afoul of Canadian law in 1993 when she was convicted by a Toronto court of counselling a visitor to lie on his immigration papers. She appealed her six-month sentence and in 1995 the Ontario Court of Appeal set aside her conviction and ordered a new trial. She was convicted again after a second trial in 1997, but the charges were eventually stayed.

That same year, she was convicted of defrauding the Ontario Legal Aid Plan of $20, 000 by making claims for cases she never worked on. That conviction is still under appeal.

AngelaCodinavictim Aug 26, 2013

I have One question for Angela Codina!
    If she is telling us that we are all lying, then how she can explain this:
    There are the list of court dates against Angela m Codina from her clients from January 2013

JANUARY 4, 2013 URDU POST 7765 HURONTARIO ST. 2nd FLOOR BRAMPTON, ONTARIO

JANUARY 15, 2013 FRIDOON SEDIKI 47 SHEPPARD AVE EAST 3rd FLOOR TORONTO, ONTARIO M2N5N1 (307 COURT ROOM)

FEBUARY 11, 2013 LIN GUO HUA 10 RUE SAINT-ANTOINE EST MONTREAL, QUEBEC H2Y1A2 (ROOM 14.08)

FEBUARY 12, 2013 JAMIL AHMAD 10 RUE SAINT-ANTOINE EST MONTREAL, QUEBEC H2Y1A2 (ROOM 14.12)

MARCH 27, 2013 ERENDIRA MOLINA CERDA 47 SHEPPARD AVE EAST 3rd FLOOR TORONTO, ONTARIO M2N5N1 (301 COURT ROOM) @10:02 A.M.

APRIL 09, 2013 SARA CHITIZADEH 47 SHEPPARD AVE EAST 3rd FLOOR TORONTO, ONTARIO M2N5N1 (300 COURT ROOM) @10:02 A.M.

JUNE 19, 2013 DMYTRO LIANSHENKO 161 ELGIN ST. 2nd FLOOR OTTAWA, ONTARIO K2P2K1 (ROOM NOT SPECIFIED) @9:30 A.M.

MOHADDAD KHADEMPOUR DATE NOT YET SPECIFIED

4 SEPTEMBER MARZBAN ZAHRA Claim # SC-12-13057-00

30 APRIL 2013 FARIBA MAHMOODI LUFARA Claim # SC-13-00019540-0000

30 APRIL 2013 A. ALAJEAL GELF Claim # SC-13-00019342-0000

AngelaCodinavictim Aug 26, 2013

If we are all here are lying then why you are changing your name all the time?
    Today you are Angeliki Kontini? or Angie Marie Codina as on your Codina International registration documents?
    Or may be you are Angela Marie Kontina as on your CIC International registration documents?
    There are a lots of OR...
    But tell me one more thing! Do you Angela really think that government wont find out that you give to your staff members aka clients fake T4 forms? Do you rally think that they are soo stupid?
    When you are telling some of your former clients that you have no money on your account, do you think they believe you? what about your European accounts?
    By the way, why you closed previous CIC International accounts? that is not smart!! Canada revenue agency will find it out too!!
    Yes you have now opened an account in CIBC. But for how long? 1 month to 3?!

AngelaCodinavictim Aug 26, 2013

Tell me why your former staff wrote complaint against you and your company to Service Canada? Answer: maybe because you did not pay them?!
    if you forgot their names then I wil remind you:
    MOHAMMAD GORJI CLAIM# 701221136-3
    JING YING WEI CLAIM# 70122213-1
    YANG ZHANG CLAIM# 70122137-1

And this is only part of them.
    There are a lots of other questions, but I would better leave them for TV reporters to ask you about!

xue 520 Aug 30, 2013

I totally agree. I knew three other girls who worked in her Ottawa office didn't get paid as well. She is going to go to jail I am pretty sure, after cheated so many people. I knew there are about 30 Chinese people been cheated around the same time as me. No society can let this kind of people go. I am waiting for the news of Angela Codina in jail.

xue 520 Sep 27, 2013

I am still waiting for the evil lady to get her punishment. she will go to jail definitely. I know there are at least 10 people got cheated at the same time as me. She can't just get away with all these crimes.

xue 520 Sep 27, 2013

I hate this evil lady. I will try all I can do get her in jail .

codinavictiim Sep 27, 2013

When can this crooked disbarred fake lawyer get her punishment. So many cases waiting for her. Is the government going to do anything ?

codinavictiim Sep 27, 2013

I wish I saw this before I paid her the money. She charged me over 40 thousand for my son's case. I have paid most of the money already. I am so stupid .

BettyWang Sep 27, 2013

I heard that Ms Angela codina is really angry with me. Because I post the complaint here and filed a claim to the ministry of labor. And as a punishment she wont pay me my salary.
    As a lawyer she was disbarred by the law society of upper Canada. she was charged both in the US and Canada. I think that tells everything. And as a business owner. She pays her employees less than minimum wage and make them work over time all the time. Because they are all immigrates from China, India, Vietnam, etc .
    I'd like to explain my situation again. I worked at CIC ( Codina International ) Ottawa office for two weeks. And I quit after I fond out that she was sentenced imprison in the US. She sent me a check for the first week's payment at my last day of work there . But the check was rejected by then bank 3 days later because she doesn't have money in her bank account. I tried to contact her. But I cant reach her . So I talked to the accountant. He told me to wait for a week. I called back next week. he tole me to wait for another week. This was going on and on for a while. I was tired and angry. So I filed a claim to the ministry of labor and post the complaint here . As an employee I try my best and followed all the rules. Now she is blaming me for it.
    At last I'd like to say. I wont give up easily. I will try to post 10 complaints each day at different websites until I get a satisfied answer. That will be 3600 complaints a year. I will do more if I have time that day .

BettyWang Sep 27, 2013

As far as I know Codina International doesn't always have people qualified to work on immigration cases. But she accepts clients all the time . I knew somebody pretended to be a lawyer to meet clients before. There is a lawyer Helena worked at Toronto Office. But she is a lwayer from QC. I dont think she is allowed to work at ON as a lawyer. Other people doesn't have certification. So that should tell everything about the company.

BettyWang Sep 27, 2013

I filed my claim and I knew two more girls did.

AngelaCodinavictim Sep 28, 2013

I am so ready to assist you guys with your cases as I am also one of her victims.
    In case if you are ready to act then we can get in touch and claim together to the court to get that old witch in prison!!!
    just send me your contacts and lets do something
    I know more than 20 people who are in my situation.
    Together we will will this game!

AngelaCodinavictim Sep 28, 2013

angela has only two muppet lawyers. One is altaf. he doesn't know anything about immigration. All his knowleges are from CIC website.
    The other one is helena, who also pretends to be a lawyer. I am not sure if she has a licences to work in Ontario and her knowledges in immigration are also doubtfull.
    PEOPLE BE READY!!!
    IF YOU SIGNED a contract with that scam company then that means that you hired a company to assist you with your immigration documents.
    So called "Lawyers" are hired by the company and in case if you have any issues with the company you wont be able to claim against the lawyer. Only against the company!!!
    DO NOT SIGNE ANY OCUMENTS WITH THAT COMPANY EVEN IF THEY ARE GOING TO MENTION THE DUE DAY IN THE CONTRACT. IT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING.
    IN HER ### CONTRACT SH DOESN'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT REFUNDS OR OTHER ACTIONS IF YOUR APPLICATION WAS REFUSED...

HER COMPANY IS A HUGE SCAM AND CANADIAN BORDER SERVICES ARE ALREADY AWARE ABOUT THAT!! YOU CAN CALL THEM AND ASK IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY DOUBTS.

BE CAREFUL!!!

• Su
    suzy Zhang Oct 05, 2013

Be careful, Codina international has changed name to "CIC International" . Codina is a lier. I am also her victime. This woman take money from her victimes and never do anything for them. All she is doing to ask for money and money. She treat staff like a slave, and don't pay their salaires.
    if you send her e-mail to ask your salaries, she will never respond you. She is a devil.
    Please please do not go to CIC international. they are criminals.

• Su
    suzy Zhang Oct 05, 2013

亲爱的中国同胞们,请您在移民咨询的时候,一定要小心。 目前的CIC INTERNATIONAL 移民公司原名为Codina International. 公司的老板Codina已经改名为Kontina. 请大家注意,只是一家很危险的中介,在这里办移民的人大部分都成了他的受害者。 这家公司会利用一些非法移民的不懂英文或者法语的劣势还有没有合法身份的劣势来骗钱。 请大家千万小心,不要上当。
    我曾经被骗到哪里工作了一段时间,知道一些公司的事情。 其中公司还打算让中国的一些移民公司来买它的公司名总共售价100万。
    请贵公司们谨慎小心。建议对CODINA INTERNATIONAL 详细调查一下,
    CODINA一直都在亏欠员工的工资。她会让你来工作,但绝对不会给发工资。 这一点也请大家注意,

• Na
    nas2002 Oct 15, 2013

I am a victim of angela codina. I have paid 13000 dollars since March 2012 and nothing has done.she does not answer any of my calls or emails or faxes.I filed a claim against her and going forward.if anyone like to join me can send me
    an email: [email protected]

xue 520 Nov 14, 2013

I heard this evil woman is still cheating people like before and she makes the price cheaper now. So more people will be cheated soon. Can anybody stop this soon? All these court cases didn't hurt her at all? I don't believe it . She can't get away from it . Let organize together and do it .

• Bu
    burgj Nov 27, 2013

I called local CIBC branch to open an account. They opened an account without my permission and knowledge even before I reached there. They did a credit cheque without my permission. When I escalated, they simply closed the account. Lies, denial and deception - is CIBC.

• Ka
    Kate_22J Jan 15, 2014

This is customer service...but inside, the work place is like brothels in some Canadian Banks, specially for the immigrants. More pain you can take, longer you can stay there.
    In another post, I read some Canadian banks are telling their employees to divorce their spouses before they retire, so that the banks can save billions in widow pension. This is very rude and undermines core values of any society.
    Where are the funny human rights commissions' and government regulatory bodies' fat warms in the Paradise?

• Nt
    NTJ Feb 05, 2014

I am glad I came across these posts. I met her last week and I just got an uneasy feeling about her, maybe mainly due to her lack of professional etiquette. She wanted to charge me 10k. Other lawyers I spoke to would charge in the range of 1k to 5k to handle my case. Thank you all for the eye opening comments.

• Ha
    hamid. Mar 05, 2014

I am new victim .
    She got 16000 for work permit visa.
    Last week file was rejected but she refused to refund money to me yesterday.
    My email address is [email protected]
    Please help me
    Eli

• Go
    Goli Amirpour Mar 16, 2014

I am a victim too. Her cheater employee, Keyvan called me several times forcing me to pay $24000 for two clients because they need the money to process their applications. However, now after 16 months she has done nothing (zero). She keeps changing her employees (all liars and cheaters like herself, Yasmin, Maria, Marilyn, Keyvan, etc for a %10 commission they get from robbing innocent people) and her office, presently at 401 Bay St., Suit 1600. I filed with police and found out that there are so many other complaints against her. What is more painful than what this ugly woman is doing to innocent people is that we, working class work hard and pay lots of taxes to the government but our law makers protect such fraudsters. When I asked the cop why you are not stopping this con if you have already received so many complaints against her, his answer was because as per our law, for a service paid in advance, if the person does not do the job for a long time, but then one day she/he does a little bit of work, we cannot do anything to the ugly cheater!!! This means that our law has left all doors open for fraudsters and this woman is very well aware of it. Our law makers rob us and protect their own fraudster friends. I also complained to Law Society, again with no result. They say this woman is not licensed and therefore the law society cannot do anything. I spoke with an Immigration Consultant and by checking the website I got for a list of Immigration Consultants, I learned that this woman is not even an immigration consultant. So, an idiot with no license and not being even an immigration consultant, is running a legitimate office in Toronto to fraud innocent people!!! Don't you think that our government should be appreciated for using our taxes so efficiently. Now, I recommend two options for victims like myself. !) Doing fraud and getting away with it is very easy in this country, so you can get your money back the same way that this monster gets paid, scamming innocent people. 2- Let us all contact each other and have a meeting to find out what we can do together because there is no hope to our law system. [email protected]

• To
    Topoli May 13, 2014

Angela Codina or Kontina the big immigration fraud was arrested in Toronto, Ontario.

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-woman-accused-of-bilking-immigration-clients-1.2638194

• Yu
    Yushan Zhi May 20, 2014

Now, I am pretty sure that I am a victim of this old woman.

Those days, there were no body in the company's office. A Chinese girl who worked there told me that Angela was token by police for investigation. And police stop her from entering the office.

What we can do next to get this old woman punished and our money back?

[email protected]