Claire Fye — heinz beans
On Tuesday, December 12th, I was making breakfast and there was a loud bang that sounded like a balloon popping. I assumed it was one of my kids and carried on. A couple of minutes later I noticed an orange liquid seeping from one of my wall cupboards in the kitchen. It turns out a can of beans had exploded. I have included pictures for your review.
It looks as though the can was contaminated with bacteria that must have caused a gaseous buildup, enough to blow the top off the tin. You may wish to investigate the QAQC program on your production line and any corresponding batches produced around the time in question (picture of lid is included). The can in question was purchased from a Real Canadian Superstore location in Calgary, Alberta, within the last couple of months (exact date unknown).
I have kept the can and contents should you wish to evaluate it. The smell was putrid.
I had only opened that cupboard a couple of minutes before the explosion, which is very lucky. Had I have opened it when the can exploded, the potential for injury would have been highly probable.
I look forward to your response.