The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
City of Coral GablesTriangle of Visibility

The City is posting violations to homeowners requiring shrubs/ bushes/ hedges be cut to 2.5 feet in the "triangle of visibility" (10 feet to the left / right of driveways or entrances). Fine up to $500 !! we had a notice about this in 2008, and cut the hedges back, called to confirm and were told the ordinance was under review and they'd let us know any new developments or changes. we NEVER got any notice or mailing regarding this until this week, when we were given a violation and 7 days to repair, w/ NEW changes. WAS 3 ft in height, now is 2.5 feet. So small that its even lower than your car window. IF worried about accidents and safety, how about putting speed bump or circle on ARAGON and other streets which have become "cut thru" streets for people? Cars fly down our street w/ no regard to anything and the city is worried about the height of the bushes/hedges!

Also, there is no consistency. Some homes have walls or gates and no visibility but they target only some homes w/ hedges. doesnt seem all are treated equally.

More City of Coral Gables Complaints & Reviews


  • Ad
    Advocate 4 the people Apr 04, 2009

    completely cut them down...problem more fines...damn im a genius homeowners asscociation is pretty bad too.

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.