CIE ToursI would recommend that anyone thinking about using CIE tours be very cautious as they no longer are concerned about repeat customers

G

After traveling with CIE Tours for the past ten years -- sometimes twice a year -- my wife and I had a trip canceled.

At first they refused to give my travel agent a reason. They offered to put us on a "Pub Tour." This didn't work for us since I'm asthmatic and Irish pubs are very smoky.

I finally called and after many long waits got to talk to a representative. She offered another tour which was acceptable. After we had changed our schedules our travel agent told CIE she could not get airfare for that date.

She was also told by the CIE representative that they would not pay for the difference (about 100 dollars).

We were offered no other recompense and have lost our travel insurance to the tune of 200 dollars. Now we have not been able to find a suitable replacement tour on such notice.

I would recommend that anyone thinking about using CIE tours be very cautious as they no longer are concerned about repeat customers.

• 1d
    1david50 Mar 21, 2011

hi gusten sorry to hear about your problem, but im afraid there has been a ban on smoking in public places for over 2 years now including pubs,
    the pub and folk tour is an excellent tour, you would have enjoyed it,
    i have been n so many cie tours now, and i always find them accomidating to a fault, somtimes things happen, maybe next time, , ,