Chris Mayer - Capital & Crisis60% losses in one year!

Newsletter marketed for preserving capital in current financial crisis.
Last 5 sells were APL held 15 months for -85% loss, GGG held 12 months -43%; DEL held for 22 months -43% loss; CVI 13 months -85% loss - WOW

If you would have bought 100 shares of each at recommended pricing..invest $16, 658 - sold for $6, 783 LOSING $9, 875 or roughly 60%.

APL is beyond forgiveness...Mayer says he made a mistake and didn't pay enough attention to the huge amount of leverage they were operating under...if not you - who? Isn't that what they get paid to do. Run Definitely a CRISIS..

Second really bad advisor from Stansberry and Associates. Dan Ferris ran S&A Penny Letter and got so bad they shut it down and do not report his losses in their marketing. I am sure he is sorry too...and just like Chris ...learned something from his mistakes - good for them.

I don't know how these guys sleep at night - they are a marketing company - period.

• Je
    jellyroll Feb 11, 2011

I agree about Dan Ferris. I bought that S&A Penny Letter and did nothing but lose money. Every single recommendation had extensive analysis on why the stock was sure to do well -- and each one was a dog - I learned the hard way. Eventually, I began to ignore his recommendations and the newletter was shut down and I was "fortunate" to finish my subscription with some other S&A offering. You're right, you NEVER hear about that fiasco - all they tout are their successes. I've also lost money on Steve Sjuggerud's recommendations. What they do best is marketing.

• St
    Stansberry CS Jan 09, 2012

If you have any questions about Stansberry and Associates, please do not hesitate to call customer service at [protected]. We would be happy to assist you. We are open Monday – Friday 9-5 EST.

• Dr
    Dr Woo Jul 12, 2014

Don't know nothing about that penny thing from dan ferris. But. I followed his 12% Letter for almost three years. Conservative "World Dominating Dividend Growers" recommended by him made for a very successful portfolio that had significant capital gains and is now yielding 4.3% on my original investment. Very solid balance sheets. Unfortunately S&A recently shut that one down. I miss dan ferris now. Try Morningstar Dividend Investor as a substitute. Much the same strategy. With a lot less marketing hype.

• To
    Tom Ogle Nov 25, 2014

I have a problem with the "Executive Dividends" come on. I read the copy sent with my CapitaI & Crisis subscription. After the first read, I wasn't sure I could do what was suggested. It certainly didn't build up any confidence that it was a usable tool. I've heard of warrants from other reading I have done, so I wasn't totally in the dark, but knowing "about" something and really understanding that "thing" are different. I'm still in the dark about warrants.