Celebrity SmileUnauthorized Credit Card Charges

I ordered a "free" sample of their product last month, only requirement was to pay the shipping charge. Since then, I've had 2 charges on my current VISA bill from them for 39.95 and 44.90 for nothing I've ordered. These unauthorized bills are plain fraud and theivery! I want to know what to do to stop these criminals from continuing to try to rip off the public at large. This needs to be brought to the attention of a federal agency immediately! I will be contacting my VISA company along with a local news agency!

• Na
    Nancy Jarnagin Sep 30, 2008

Same scam mdse supposed to only cost shipping but was charged $44.85. Cannot contact by phone only get automated
    answer and email address is no good.

• Th
    Theresa Perkins Oct 03, 2008

The Celebrity Smile tooth whitener was a rip-off!! I ordered it to prepare for my wedding. The tube supply didn't even last for the 14 days of the trial. I called several times and got no answer. My account was charged for 2 payments at $44.90 and$39.95. I am very displeased with the product and want the charges to my account STOPPED immediately!! This is a shameful scam.

• Be
    Beverly Braton Nov 06, 2008

I see the celebrity smile as a scam also. I ordered the free sample and paid the shipping cost. I also am getting bills for productsd I did not order. Isen't it credit card fraud for them to charge the credit cards for items we did not order.

I did print the celebrity smile web page that does NOT say anything about future shipments nor charges.
    I am sending a letter to the BBB and have contacted the locale law enforcement as I am red about getting ripped off.
    I have also contacted the credit card company and have filoed a challenge to the charge and put a "stop" to any future charges from the same company.

• Vi
    Vicki Le Gare Nov 07, 2008

I received a 'Celebrity Smile' vial in today's mail, with a $44.90 charge to my credit-card...totally unauthorized!
    I too, sent for the 'free' sample & NEVER had the intention of ordering, MORE ESPECIALLY after reading the method instructions.
    I called their toll-free number and was advised that 'due to the amazing interest in our product' the wait-time would be...41 minutes!
    I called my credit-card company and they are disputing the charge; however I was told that Central Coast Nutraceuticals has instigated a monthly delivery/charge to my account! NEVER was this authorized!

marsha dangleis Nov 13, 2008

SAME AS ABOVE COMPLAINTS. I ORDERED FOR THE FREE TRIAL TUBE AND HAD NO INTENTIONS OF GETTING ANYMORE. NOW $44.90 IS TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT EVERY MONTH AND I AM SENT A NEW TUBE WHICH I DO NOT WANT. I ALSO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE COMPANY BY PHONE BUT I NEVER GET THROUGH TO ANYONE. NOW I AM TRYING TO CANCEL MY ORDER VIA E-MAIL. I NEVER AUTHORIZED ANY MORE ORDERS.

PLEASE CANCEL MY ORDER OR I WILL HAVE TO GET MY ATTORNEY INVOLVED. AND BY ALL OF THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT YOU SCAM OPERATION I DO BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE A GOOD CASE AGAINST THIS COMPANY.

• El
    Elyse Byler Nov 13, 2008

I ordered a tril sample of the Celebrity Smile and I do not like it and don't want any more!!! But you sent me another one and charged me for it at $44.90. I think this is a rip off also and I want this taken off my charge card right away!! Now I want to send this other one back and need you to let me know how to get a delvery conformation from thr shipping provider and an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number from Costomer CARE?!! i CAN NOT GET YOU TO ANSWER THE PHONE SO I can get the info. I need to return the product~!!! PLEASE HELP ME!! AND GET THIS OFF MY CREDIT CARD!!
    WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU___THANKS,
    Elyse Byler

• De
    Denese Kelley Nov 14, 2008

If you click on the "Terms and Conditions" Tab on their website and read over it before ordering, you will see that it plainly says that you have a free 14-day trial, after which, you will be charged the monthly fee to continue receiving their product. I haven't tried the product yet. I just ordered it yesterday, but I did read the terms and conditions, so I am aware ahead of time that there may be further charges.
    I had this same problem with "Ivory White" a year or so ago. I ordered a free trial and ended up getting charged $89 month on my credit card and they kept sending a new supply each month. When I contact the company, they informed me that under terms and conditions it stated that that would be the case. I had no problem getting my charges stopped from them. I didn't get any money back because it was essentially my fault. Had I completely read over the terms and conditions, instead of just skimming over it, I would have known that I would be charged after the free trial period.

Antonella Nov 17, 2008

I also thought I was getting a free trial of this ridiculous product with a $4.95 shipping fee. I have been charged 39.50 once and again 44.90 from these people. I tried sending e-mails and nobody responds. I returned the product certified mail and I'm still getting charged. I tried calling the number and nobody ever answers. They put you on hold for hours and never answer. I tried stopping payment with my credit card company so hopefully that will work. DO NOT ... I REPEAT... DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SO CALLED "FREE" SAMPLE. It's not free and you will automatically be billed for future unauthorized deliveries of this product. THEY SHOULD ARRESTED!!!

• Ro
    Robin Feb 09, 2009

Same exact story as above- They also gave my information to a company called Fit Factory. Now I have the 2 companies charging my credit card without permission! My solution was to close my credit card. I am not sure if i will ever see the money again but at least they cannot keep charging me.

• Ti
    tim strickland Apr 14, 2009

My story is the same as everyone else's called them and stated that I wanted the charges to stop, so I'll see what happens. They stated they would give me a refund.

• Ti
    tim strickland Apr 14, 2009

Same story as everyone else spoke with them and they said they would offer a full refund, so I'll see what happens.

• Ta
    taken May 18, 2009

Ordered trial for 14.95 and product didn't work, to my surprise two months later have a charge for $99.95 and traced it back to them, the bank was able to get me a telephone number which I called and waited, finally spoke to a rep and she said that the product had been shipped that same day, told her I moved two months ago and I was not going to accept the package. She said that she would credit the account within 7 days but that if the product was not received back, they would charge it again. These peopel are total ripoffs.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices