CBSloud and noisy background music/racket

The background music/racket on Channel 2 is so loud that we cannot hear the dialogue. Other people have also complained about it,. Turning up the volumn doesn't help because the racket is louder, also.

Unfortunately, my husband has some favorite shows on Channel 2. There has to be an answer. None of the other channels are like this. We turn Channel 2 off as soon as the shows are over. We can't even watch the news.

What can be done?

• Pe
    Pema Smith Sep 21, 2008

my complaint is them took $50 from my credit card and when i call them said i owe, but u cant owe because if u dnt have money, in u acc# u cant receive phone call so how can i owe them this a bad phone company.

• Me
    Melody Jan 02, 2009

I agree!!! I'm trying to find a way to contact CBS. The background music is awful!! Bad enough that I don't even want to watch CBS anymore!

• Ca
    CarolynO Sep 28, 2018

@Melody Have you found a way to contact CBS? I agree with you wholeheartedly about the background music being so loud that you can't even hear the dialog!!!

• Co
    colors Sep 10, 2011

How do I join a public group on Survivor Fantasy. I have always just clicked on the group of choice but I have tried several times and there is no action. I see where othert people have joined so what'sm going opn?

• He
    Heywood Jablowme Sep 10, 2011

Maybe no one wants you in their group. Did you ever think of that?

• Al
    Al J. Oct 24, 2011

We are no longer thinking of watching any CBS serial shows any more due to the very loud back-ground music which drowns out the actor's voice - we find that we loose a good part of the program due to the noise - so why watch it?

• Bb
    BB62 Nov 16, 2011

I agree that the background noise is way to loud. I still want to watch shows especially Hawaii Five O. But could you please keep the background sound to a minimum. Thank you

• Je
    Jeannette Levine Apr 30, 2018

@BB62 thank you for hear our complaints about the background music being so loud, tonite was a pleasure, keeping that loud music down. we all appreciate whoever it was that heard all of the people say the same thing. And hope other stations will do the same. Thank you!!!

• De
    Dennis McNamara Jan 11, 2012

I would rather watch a movie with no background music than to have the background so loud that you cannot get any of the movie diologue. I have turned off several movies because of this. It would be a good idea to ask your customers what they want instead of some nut that make the descission to do so.

• La
    Laura Vicente Jul 20, 2012

I want Brian Ross terminated for his lack of professionalism. Should we assume that he was the one that killed that poor man and left him in his pool? I heard that Brian Ross did that. That's the level of professionalism and leftist political ideology that these ridiculous people use. Yeah, I use FB to do my investigation and oh! bonus! He's a member of the Tea Party, that will really help my political agenda, because I have conservatives and what they represent--those law abiding citizens. They really bother me! Clean house and I mean a really deep, deep, deep clean.People don't believe the "news" which are apparent radical, pandering, lies. Your news organization just vomits and like a dog eats his own vomit and your so out of touch you actually think people believe what you say anymore. No wonder your organization is going down the toilet. Unless you wake up and stop furthering leftist political agenda, and become true investigators, that are impartial, and looking out for all American citizens, your company doors will soon be shut.

• Wi
    Wildman33 Nov 26, 2013

Person of interest is our favorite show, the background music is awfull. What is wrong with CBS, do they have a death wish for their watching audience?

• Ny
    Nyk Dec 05, 2013

CBS commercials are also too loud; the promotions for their shows are even worse. Where's the FCC?

• Di
    Diane Casper Dec 31, 2013

Please turn the elevator music down on NCIS & Person of Interest. Please go back to good movies like the classics-they didn't have that through the whole program! Can you imagine Magnum PI with elevator music all the way through it when Tom Selleck was talking!

• Ca
    caweber Apr 23, 2014

Who the heck decided that the "noise" that is heard in the back ground of TV shows was a good thing???? Impossible to hear the dialogue!! Very irritating and annoying, ALL the stations do this. Stop it or tone it way, way down!

• Pa
    pandbonthego Nov 12, 2014

We just deleted "Person of Interest" from our recorded programs after all these years. I give up trying to hear the dialog over the CONSTANT background noise!!! Life I too short to struggle through that kind of aggravation when we are supposed to be relaxing. Constant noise is Hollywood's new thing but it is certainly not a good thing!!

• Su
    Suzyqu Nov 25, 2014

We love cbs news. Background noise drives us crazy, plus we cannot decifer speech.

• Bu
    Burdock Jan 09, 2015

I will not be watching CBS This Morning anymore due to the loud and sometimes inappropriate background music. My daughter has already stopped. Sometimes I cannot hear what Charlie Rose, Gayle King, or Nora O'Donnell are saying. And like this morning the music for one story continues on over the next few pieces. This morning during a story about the young girl refusing chemotherapy, the background was the highly inappropriate and insensitive disco hit "Stayin' Alive", which trivialized the sad and potentially tragic situation. Then they continued to play it loudly in the background of the announcements for the following 2 or 3 stories. It is one thing to suffer through the 10 minutes of commercials between segments and even before and after short "teasers" about an upcoming stories. It is another to have to put up with unprofessional production values that add nothing and detract much from the so-called news.

• Me
    meme bobbie Jan 16, 2015

Why can't these complaints be shown to the big bosses on CAN.we just watched Hawaii 50 and as usual only heard about half of dialogue.If something doesn't change we are going to have to quit CBS .PLEASE PLEASE PASS THIS TO THE BIG GUYS!!!

• Vw
    vwbug Jan 30, 2015

Am I the only one annoyed by the loud directing with the loud music when cbs morning news is on? Why do I care about some director telling the camera what to do? Don't ruin the only descent news morning show.

• Ra
    Rah73 Feb 07, 2015

Apparently everyone at CBS is DEAF as far as music is concerned and already knows what the actors are saying. It is a waste of time watching CBS programming, too bad, they used to have good shows, when you could hear the actors.

• Kl
    Klaus Schumann Mar 01, 2015

We watched NCIS for years. We finally pulled the plug. That the loud background "music" destroys the contents.

• Mi
    Michael Paul Hart Mar 01, 2015

CBS...STFU! I assume that you hired Actor's and Writers for your shows...it would be nice to actually Hear them! There is No need for the Constant and Overpowering music drowning out the actors! It's gotten so bad that I prefer to mute your channel and use close-captioning.
    I find that I watch Much Less of your dramatic shows because of this annoying sound invasion.

• Cp
    cpotter Mar 16, 2015

I cannot understand the actors because of background noise and many of my friends can not either. Fix it or your rating are going to be in the trash.

• Rt
    R.T. Ford Apr 10, 2015

My wife and I have been complaining to CBS about the loud background music for a couple of years now, to no avail. They don't care. It's amazing, isn't it? I've stopped watching Hawaii Five-O and I've turned off other CBS programs during the broadcast. It's not worth the aggravation.

• Ke
    Ken Gaskell Sep 22, 2015

I love NCIS but I have bern warching S12 Ep 13. It is impossible to watch because the programme is drowned out by the music. What has gone wrong? I have just lost my favourite programme. I will miss Gibbs and the gang.

• St
    stub Sep 22, 2015

tonight is the end i want to throw the tv out in the junk because the background music or whatever it is
    has just about drove me and my wife crazy is this something coming from the government, will someone listen to the many complaints
    about audio we would rather have no background at all, or do you have amatures working for the station.

• Kc
    KCX Nov 21, 2015

The sound/music is so overwhelming. Does CBS actually watch their own shows? Hawaii 5-0 is the worst...but I also, have to sat the main actors have not learned to enunciate. They do a lot of fast talk/mumble between half closed lips! Between the two problems it is no fun to watch!

• Un
    Uniqueness Dec 05, 2015

Please Please Please CBS do something about the background noise on all the series shows. We can't understand what is being said at all. This is ruining all our favorite shows. We are ready to quit CBS.

• Lc
    LC Testerman Jan 19, 2016

Background noise/music too is so bad we cannot understand actor dialog. Geez this has been going on for a long time and we have a sound bar on the new TV. NOTHING HELPS. NCIS is so bad. Please resolve this issue. I don't want to hear the background!!!

• Dr
    Dr. Carol Jan 20, 2016

Thank goodness I found this set of complaints! I was about to go to an ear specialist and get my ears tested. The background music on NCIS (all flavors) and several other CBS dramas -- Hawaii 5-0, Scorpion, Elementary -- is terribly unbalanced and overpowers the dialog. I've tried adjusting my audio system's balance -- it's mostly the bass that is too loud -- but even when I max out the treble the bass is still overwhelming. I've made a recording of this week's NCIS using my computer -- not the best way to do it but convenient, and I've attached the .wma file it produced so you can try to hear what I hear. Ooops, this web site is not permitting me to upload a .wma file so I can't show you. But I've experienced this on multiple TV sets -- it's not our settings, it's the feed from CBS. Please lower the background music volume!

• Be
    being20 Jan 20, 2016

I agree with all of the above complaints. The background noise/music is horrid and ruining all of our favorite series on CBS. It is not happening on ABC or NBC.~~~~ WHY CBS ARE YOU ALLOWING THIS.???? We are ready to leave CBS.

• Re
    Reviewer99040 Jan 28, 2016

CBS is the only network that has background sounds of wind, rustling fabric, traffic rumbling, etc. ( even in indoor scenes!)that over-rides programming dialog...particularly noticeable in Elementary, The Good Wife. Is it cheap outdated sound equipment?

• Re
    Reviewer64076 Feb 05, 2016

For the last few weeks we hear a humming background noise on all of the shows and news we watch on CBS. We do not experience this issue with any other television station.

jazzy1210 Feb 21, 2016

I agree with all of the above poster's. I love Code Black, but, it has become increasingly frustrating to watch. The background music and noise are so loud it's virtually impossible to understand the actor's dialogue. I have increased the volume, but, that only makes the background music/noise louder. Please remedy this problem before you lose viewers. Do we need to learn how to read lips in order to enjoy our favorite shows?

• Dd
    DD* Apr 18, 2016

Why is the background music so loud on ALL the CBS shows? It's HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!
    PLEASE turn the noise down so we can actually HEAR what the cast is saying!!

• Be
    Bertha Q Miles May 14, 2016

I HATE THE BACKGROUND MUSIC!!! I will no longer be watching anything cbs if you can't fix this………I have watched Person of Interest from the beginning……..but you have destroyed it with the LOUD F'NG MUSIC………WHAT ARE YOU THINKING????? You don't need writers anymore for your show, be causes we can't hear any of the dialog. Can't you see how many people are complaining about this????? Don't you care about your viewers? FIX IT PLEASE for now, I'm gone …..will check back later to see if you fixed it, otherwise Good luck with your lack of viewers……you have pissed us all off with your LOVELY LOUD ANNOYING MUSIC

• Po
    Pousen Jul 22, 2016

I signed up for the website www.cbssports.com and paid monthly fee in amount of $38.99. At the beginning everything was ok, but they started to charge me for completely different price and no one informed me why. I sent multiple emails to the seller and asked about it. He told me that the price was change, but I didn’t find any info about it on the website. They are liars and scammers, and I want to find other deceived customers, who lost money. Please we need to stop this company and return our money. Post your comments.

• Ro
    RowdytheBrat Jul 22, 2016

CBS News runs a SCAM blogspot for comments on news and current events with a controller that bans people that speak out their researched truth about the current administration.

They apparently don't want anybody on their site except Obama or liberal honking synchophants who wouldn't know the truth if it slapped them in the face.

They allow one blogster to have several different nic names who posts propaganda and supports himself who sits there 24/7 attacking anybody with a negative opinion of government actions, who sit there hitting the abuse button until the autoban function kicks in...

They KNOW he does this and have not removed him so one has to suspect that this blogster is in fact an employee of CBS who is PAID to get rid of unflattering-to-the regime blogsters and monitor their board so that NOTHING but propaganda and lies is provided for public consumption...

Nice ACORN internship from CBS...

User 23007944142460477194115418582836 is banned.

• Tr
    tradernick55 Jul 22, 2016

I cannot see some of the programs such as NCIS or The Mentalist because of my schedule. I would like to be able to see full episodes of these programs somewhere. cbs.com used to allow comcast.net on its fancast to host full episodes but then withdrew all of its programming from outside sources. Now, all they show are clips from these shows. Who in their right mind bothers to watch a 30 second clip of a show that they would like to see? Other networks make some advertising money with full episodes, why is cbs.com so slow to see a benefit in airing these episodes? Do they really make that much money packaging them in DVD sets for Christmas?

• Je
    Jenn Dreis Dec 08, 2016

The sound was nauseating on Pure Genius tonight! It's bad enough for years that when my disabled dad talks on the phone I can hear both sides of his conversation - FROM A DIFFERENT LEVEL OF THE HOUSE! So clearly my hearing isn't at issue - yet I have to use closed caption on CBS all the time when they decide the background music/mood music/or whatever they call it that is supposed to generate suspense or other emotions, but when you can't hear the dialogue over it...it's stupid! We litterally set up a short cut button on the remote to turn on and off the closed captions, in a home with no people that are hard of hearing - it seems CBS is the worst case, but the others are catching up! Without the dvr to go back and closed caption, we just wouldn't know what was happening! Enough is enough!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices