Menu

C
Author of the complaint
7:26 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am the owner of property at Shannon's Glen in Jessup Maryland. I purchased my home from Lennar on December 14, 2016. Soon after, I had issues with my roof leaking twice approximately 2017. The builder, Ben Shreve was notified and took care of it both times. Recently, my Roof has leaked again in October. Cal Atlantic sold their company to Lennar and I immediately contacted Lennar. TC Backer construction was notified and I spoke to Chris Backer who is the Senior service manager. He sent someone to assess and take pictures in the beginning of November 2021. He agreed that the roof should not have leaked and it could possibly be faulty shingles. I was told he would get in touch with Mike Rawlings to track the manufacture for the shingles. He was pleasant and told me he would be of any assistance I needed. I never heard back and called Mr. Backer again on November 29, 2021. He stated the case was out of his hands and there was nothing he could do. I Called Lennar and spoke to Angela on 11/29 with no resolve. I called again in December 1, 2021 and spoke to Stephanie and I was told they would follow up and they would give me a call back on 12/7. Unfortunately, I never received a called back. On December 7, 2021 I spoke to Mr. Ashley and learned that my case was closed and he had to reopen it. I received an email from Mr. Owen Kilcullen, a customer care representative for Lennar regarding my situation initially, and again on December 9, 2021.
I was told the shingles was manufactured by a company GAF and I needed to track the company down and ask about their 25year warranty. I have also contacted the original roofers, Abel Roofing Company, who were of no assistance as well. I am not sure if I should have to go through so much to get assistance with a leaking roof, but it truly has been an ordeal. I have spoken to several neighbors and they have the same issues.
Listed below is a current picture of the leak from October as well as the names and contacts of who I have spoken with or been referred to:
1. Lennar: Division number [protected]

View 0 more photos
Helpful? 1 0

More CalAtlantic Homes complaints & reviews

CalAtlantic Homes - awful experience
CalAtlantic Homes - stole thousands from us!
CalAtlantic Homes - terrible experience