Cable News Network / CNNabusive sexism in constant, rude interruptions of woman presidential candidate

S Aug 01, 2019 Review updated:

Marianne Williamson was on Anderson Cooper's show this evening, August 1, 2019, about 8:30 PM. From the first question he asked her until the last, he was angry, nasty, and hateful in the most sexist manner possible. The tape of the show must be reviewed. He did not let her complete any question, challenged her in areas in which he has no competency, and repeatedly misstated her comments, over and over again, with unceasing interruptions. She repeatedly asked him to allow her to answer his questions. He refused and then began to accuse of her serious misconduct over and over again because of his lack of any impartiality which should be expected of any journalist. To make matters worse, Chris Cuomo, who is well known as nearly as opinionated, came on after Williamson was off camera and joined the attack on Williamson, telling Cooper that she deserved it. When will CNN police its male anchors with respect to the treatment of women. Women do not deserve to be abused under any circumstance. The behaviors of these two men are appalling and because they were not stopped, it is clear that CNN still has very serious issues of sex discrimination of women. I do not know Marianne Williamson. I am not a follower of her opinions, beliefs or thinking on any matter. However, no one deserves the brutal disrespect that she experienced tonight. I will share this information with other women and ask that they make note of any similar experiences observed so they can be reported wherever complaints of this kind can receive attention. Shame on Anderson Cooper and Chris Cuomo. They obviously feel it is within their rights to publicly attack women for a hurtful purpose. Many women seeing this program may have been as shocked as I was to see this kind of public attack. I now feel that CNN is not the proper place for the debates of the Democratic Party because women are not treated fairly by some of your employees. Marianne Williamson is a candidate for the presidency. The behavior of these two men surely was detrimental to her as a candidate. This kind of hateful, bullying is no different from that which Anderson and Cuomo complain about when committed by other men anywhere. The credibility of CNN has been damaged.

• Ld
    lduvall Aug 03, 2019

I AM DONE with CNN.
    After years of dedicated viewing, I was so outraged over Anderson's behavior in this segment, I checked with YOUTUBE to see how other people commenting felt; and discovered 'hands-down' 100's of people felt the same.
    I had never seen so many negative reactions to an Anderson interview; whom so many of held in high esteem.

But the follow-up "justification segemnt" CNN did today sealed it for me. The mischaracterization and selective editing of what Williamson had said to Anderson is exactly the sort of low-class nonsence that FOX does.

The most interesting part of it is this; I don't even know this woman; never read anything she has written or seen her speak before 2 days ago. That's how BAD this is. I didn't know Anderson and CNN would stoop so low !
    Doing these 2 segments back-to-back -- you've lost my respect AND my viewing !