Sort by: Date | Popularity

Northern Railway Complaints & Reviews

Northern Railway - England, Greater Manchester, Bolton / staff behavior

Sh
Aug 12, 2017

On 11/8/2017 I brought S1 Bus Train ticket, my ticket number was (14440, Bus 36421, Equ 16496033, Drv 105598, Trip 38, Route 313 and Duty 175). my ticket was £ 6.90 I brought from Cheadle Hulme. Was 313 and 42B buses late so I couldn't catch my 14:38 train and I catch 15:00 train to Piccadilly, from Piccadilly to Bolton. I took train from Piccadilly to Bolton 15:45 and arrived Bolton 16:00 pm but in Bolton the station staff orr ticket checker guy Syed told me your is not valid for exit, I said why he now is peak time you can use your ticket before 15:00 and after 18:00. I said excuse me if train...

Northern Railway / Delayed announcements and shoddy treatment

Su

At New Delhi railway station the announcements are quite erratic. For the EMU departing for Palwal at 15.40 the platform was suddenly shifted to another. Delayed announcement on public address system was made. This resulted in inability of ladies with little children missing the train. Again the departure announcement of train to Kosi Kalan was made quite late resulting in another miss. It is certain that the Rail Administration treats local commuters extremely poorly as a mere commodity.