Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Online Scams Butterfly Download Network No response, no refund!

Butterfly Download Network review: No response, no refund!

Author of the complaint
12:00 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm e-mailing to complain about butterfly download network (movie downloads). First, they have set up a "consumer report" webpage which recommends themselves over any other movie download service; I naturally decided to trust that recommendation and signed up with them. I have since been able to find out that this page was, at the very least, associated with the download service. Then, their service is not at all easy to use. There are errors on the webpages which make it hard to find out how to proceed. When I e-mailed them for help, they e-mailed back quickly with a standard set of instructions on how to successfully get started. When I became able to sign in to start downloading, the majority of the downloads they offered were accompanied by red or orange bands (indicating poor quality) or were in foreign languages--there were few good choices of movies or TV programs. I therefore e-mailed them to ask for a refund of my membership fee, which is part of their promise--to refund the full fee within the first 60 days. All of a sudden, I can't get a response from any of the 3 e-mail addresses I have. Also, nowhere on their website is an address, phone number, or other contact info (which should have been my first clue about them!) Anyway, I repeated my e-mails, and got a response from one of them--exactly the same info about using the download service! Nothing about my refund. All I've got left is to lodge complaints, hoping other people will not be taken in by these guys.

Thank you for the forum to post this complaint.

133 comments
Jun 08, 2016 5:28 am EDT

I signed up with this company to download movies and TV programs. I paid $40 for the access to movies. The front pages are all looking professional but once you sign up and log in with your password, the ui is very unprofessional and gives you a feeling of being cheated.

The majority of the downloads they offered were accompanied by red or orange bands (indicating poor quality) or were in foreign languages--there were few good choices of movies or TV programs.

The external links all go to sites that host movies just released, like Eragon. I also discovered some sites offers a download of Microsoft Office! These downloads cannot even be legal!

Stay away from sites offering "unlimited" downloads and movies that just released to theaters!

If you paid this company money you can still get it back! Here is how the refund process work. Don't loose time. Act fast, get your hard earned money back, and warn others of their scam activity.

Refund:
Butterfly Download Network uses a well respected company called Clickbank for their payment processing. It is Clickbank that offers and processes the refunds. Use the customer service link near the bottom of the order conformation email you received from them. Once you are at the customer service site pick returns from the drop down box. That is all you have to do

All the money passes through Clickbank. When they send out a check to Butterfly Download Network it is for orders minus refunds. They also hold some back for future refunds. This works, I just went through the order/refund process before I wrote this to confirm my answer.

One more thing about the complaint link from they previous answer- Links for a product that say "Warning" or "Scam" are usual trying to sell you. Look at their site, I can't remember seeing any that actually tried to talk me out of buying the same product that their ad warned me about. I like links that take me directly to the products home page. That way I can go to their order page and be covered by their refund guarantee.

Jun 08, 2016 5:28 am EDT

I was stupid and fell for it. DO NOT JOIN THIS SITE. All they gave me was a list of illegal sites that didn't even work that I could get for free anyways. I emailed then for a refund TWICE and I finally got a response from them. The first email I was nice and they replied with instructions on how to use the site. I wasn't so nice on the second email. I said very bluntly that their site is a scam, and that they guarantee your money back within 30 days and I said I want my money back and I want it back NOW. They replied the same message. Instructions on how to download a movie. I'm not happy and I am going to try one more time to get my money back, and I am not going to be nice about anything in the email I send.

E
Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am EDT

I searched the internet for recommended movie download sites. A very impressive article recommended Butterfly Network as the best site over the competition. Butterfly Network provides links to torrents and other websites. It is not a "real" movie download site. The website offers and email address as the only contact information. I have emailed a complaint and requested a refund (since the offer included a 30 day money back guarantee). Thus far, I have received no reply to my email. I have been scammed out of $50. In addition, as far as I have been able to surmise, the article recommending Butterfly was written by Butterfly themselves! UGH! Anyone interested in a class action law suit?

Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am EDT

This organization is a fraud. It is a front for access to material and software you can access for free anyway. It was recommended by the online consumer guide, which is what made me subscribe. But now I see it as being just another scam.

Stay well clear is my advice.

K
Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am EDT

I can not believe how stupid I've been. I don't usually part with my money so easily but Butterfly came very highly recommended off a site I've been using for sometime now and it looked like I was going to get mobile TV and unlimited film downloads. I signed up, paid my money (a one off fee) and then was directed to a page of links and these links lead to sites to download software I already have. I thought I was doing something wrong, searched the site completely thinking I'd missed something but it consists of a page of links to other pages which direct you to sites outside Butterfly and these pages you could find from a search engine. I've basiscaly paid for something I already have, which I obtained free from elsewhere. I have since checked the site for details as it claims to offer a money back guarantee but there are no contact details, other than the option to send them an email. This I have done but a week later I'm still awaiting a repsonse and doubt I will receive one. I will certainly check the internet for details in future before parting with my money again.

K
Jul 24, 2007 12:00 am EDT

I ordered what i thought was a watch tv service and a movie download service. I was under the impression i was getting a great service instead i got a download that is completely free to download and doesn't work anyway. I cant get a response back from them regarding my money back and they say full refund if your not happy well clearly i am not happy but obviously i am not getting my money back either. This software was in a review that someone posted as being fantastic thats why i got it over another program. I am not happy, i lost almost $60 Australian dollars which i cant afford to lose. They need to be shut down. They are ###.

May 12, 2008 4:32 pm EDT

I joined the butterfly download network to be able to access movies and t.v. shows. I learned about them through the Google
AD WORDS advertising. I paid them (butterfly) 49.95 to have
unlimited access to movies, t.v. shows, games etc.

I haven't been able to watch or download anything. These people take you through a myriad of sites claiming to be the download site. These sites ask for money to access their download software.

I can go on and on.

In short, it is A BIG RIPOFF. They even advertise making money for profit. Whatever you do: Don't go to BUTTERFLY.

L
Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am EDT

I really got scammed by these guys. They operate under fake recommendations, fail to deliver services and, of course, fail to respond to any communications. I haven't been had in a long time, but these are especially obnoxious and vicious scam creeps and predators. The ### of the earth. Users be warned.

May 15, 2007 12:00 am EDT

Hi, I wish that I had seen other complaints about this company before wasting my time and money. Don't touch this company! There are many honorable sites out there, this isn't one. Have a great day, Max

Apr 29, 2008 10:15 am EDT

complete ripoff, charged my card two times and couldnt get a refund for either of them!

Apr 03, 2009 10:33 am EDT

I just read these complaints and felt sick. I just purchased a membership to this site. Thank you for the info. I was able to call my credit card company and they got me in touch with the "CLKBANK" people and they refunded my membership charge.

Feb 13, 2009 4:55 pm EST

I just joined Butterflymoviedownloads.com today and the site looked like it was put together by a COMPLETE ###! So I started getting curious about what peole have to say about them and found this here... Thanks PPL I just called the Clickbank company and they said the money will be refunded to my credit card within 3-5 business days. AS LONG AS IT IS DONE WITHIN 30 OR 60 DAYS (NOT SURE WHICH) OF THE SERVICE PURCHASE, THE CLICKBANK WILL GIVE YOU A FULL REFUND. I only signed up for the 1 year service which ran $24.95, but still, this site is CRAP! Go check out "thepiratebay.org" you will have better luck with that. I can't believe this site is still on the web!?! Where the heck are the internet cops at? HAHA! Almost got me didn't ya BUTTERFLY! Go F()ck yourselves! LMAO

Jun 08, 2016 5:28 am EDT

I have responded "neutral" to the "attitude towards complaint" because I have not yet signed up.
I was suspicious of the "too good to be true" smell of the offer and went on the 'net and found yours and then many confirming comments.
I am grateful to you and those whose confirmatory comments saved me from almost making the same mistake.
My Best Wishes to you and those who also spoke up.
Cordially,
Ron

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

C
Jun 08, 2016 5:28 am EDT

I bought the programt TV to downloadon myPC and uo to now i donnot get any instruction how to download it on my pc the product I D is.3, the producer isCB- flynetwork, the order number isHHYEhNPN, datepurchase is 07/08/2008. I try all E-mail addresses that was given to me and i get no ansewer from any one.I an getting fedup, please to help or put some one to help

E
Jul 21, 2008 5:42 am EDT

the site is a big fraud thanks for the information .something should be done about it soon.where are they located.find out please .like to get a piece of there ###.

Jul 12, 2008 10:21 am EDT

I was about to sign up with them too but then my dad stop me he was about to sign up.
things that are to good to be true are not true so just dont go jump on things like this .
thanks for the awesome review

Jul 07, 2008 1:56 pm EDT

Well! I'm another sucker that got roped into this, and needless to say I am really mad. I wouln't recommend this site to my worst enemy. I just e-mailed Click bank for a refund. I wish that they would take your website off the internet.

Jun 30, 2008 7:27 pm EDT

Total scam, I am trying to dispute now with my credit card.

Jun 01, 2008 3:28 pm EDT

EVERYONE!

IF YOU ARE DISAPPOINTED YOU CAN GET A REFUND@!

Complaining to butterfly isn't going to get you your money back!

Butterfly uses a 3rd party payment processor called clickbank.

You can check out thier website at www.clickbank.com

You WILL GET A REFUND if you tell clickbank you want one.

Clickbank's policy is that for up to 60 days you can get a refund.

Clickbank is a legitamite company and is the #1 payment processor for digitally delivered goods, like ebooks and software.

Butterfly won't tell you this because they only have to keep you waiting for 60 days then their is nothing you can do and they will take your money!

Go to clickbank.com and request a refund if you feel scammed!

May 20, 2008 7:57 am EDT

I was fooled, however, I got my full refund back. I went to ClickBank and filled out the form found here: http://www.clickbank.com/csinquiry.html

In my comments, I wrote that it was a complete scam and need to be refunded ASAP. In two business days, they emailed me and told me that I would be refunded in full. I'm sooooo happy!

C
May 06, 2008 10:07 am EDT

Well, I just visited the Butterfly website. First off, noticing their "welcome" video clip, something is extremely fishy. It's someone's face superimposed over someone else's body, and the audio is clearly "generated" with AT&T Labs' text-to-speech (or similar software).

Whenever anyone is offering a service for money, and goes to such lengths to disguise their voice and appearance, it should throw up a massive red flag. I suggest if anyone is dealing with this company, and is dissatisfied, notify the Better Business Bureau, and possibly even your local District Attorney. You never know who these people may be.

Apr 28, 2008 2:41 pm EDT

i was lijke so many other peolpe was taken for a mug, and sent my money, what ascam I SAY DON, T BE LIKE me think twice about butter flynetwork .com before it fly, s with your hard eard cash. DAVE.C.

Apr 27, 2008 9:40 pm EDT

The ignorant lose, just like you did. Therefore the owner deserves your money.

Apr 22, 2008 9:34 am EDT

you claim to be legal... this may be true and that is the only thing keeping your butt out of jail or shutting you down. You still are and always will be a rip-off simply because you are trying to make your little website look like something it is not. You are false advertising with in a fine narrow line of being legal. It is called having morals which you do not have. You can not really expect peole not to get upset over the purchase of your so called product. You are missleading the people looking at your website and you know it and keep doing it with the attitude..."if people are stupid enough not to read and understand the "agreement" then screw them...and that is exactly what you are doing and more than likely will keep doing. People like you are what makes the internet not such a good place...It is sad and ...

Apr 21, 2008 1:59 pm EDT

As like many others I too thought great, a website for movies. This was too good to be true... BELIEVE ME... IF IT IS TOO GOOD... DON'T DO IT.

I signed up and paid almost $50.00 for nothing. There website just bounces you around and around and wants you to download so many other's software it was getting ridiculous. After several hours of trying to figure out what i was doing wrong I found this website clarifying what my problem was...

Butterfly download network is a fraud.. nothing more to say. I can not believe they are still in operation. People like this should shut down and penalized..they are ###.

I did call Clickbank, who handles the charges and they asked no questions and refunded my money. Too bad for my stupidity and too bad they are still ripping innocent people off. What goes around comes around.

Apr 18, 2008 1:10 am EDT

This Butterfly Download Network has yet to, and will most likely never scam anyone with its current set up. With the use of any website it is your responsibility to read the Terms of Agreement (and agree to them) before submitting any data deemed personal or important. At the bottom of their site (on the very main page) there is a link to this agreement which I have posted below. By reading (most importantly) the bottom section you are given explicit information as to what the "members area" consists of. If you have paid them for their services then you have not been scammed, you just received what you paid for.

Next time do your research before making claims that you can't support. And don't think that ignorance of the aforementioned Terms of Agreement is a valid approach to back your claim, that would be a fallacy. For example, by going 65 MPH in a 50 MPH zone and getting pulled over, you cannot explain that you thought the speed limit was 65 MPH and get away with it. Just like ignorance of the law is no excuse the same applies here. Maybe losing money on this site will better prepare you to watch out in the future.

The above information applies to the majority of responses, not Tim Hunt. Tim should have done more research and seen through the business tactics of this website. I must say however, that their claims are slightly misleading, but nonetheless valid without a definitional argument of their terms. Furthermore, it is no one's fault but your own, so get over it and continue life without worrying about the little things in life (you lost no more than $50). Here, check out the link below:

B
Apr 17, 2008 8:29 am EDT

Refund:

B
Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm EDT

### THIS WEBSITE, I HOPE EVERY BODY GET THEIR MONEY BACK.

Apr 14, 2008 1:42 pm EDT

A COMPLETE SCAM! DO NOT DOWNLOAD PLEASE. SOME ONE SHOULD SHUT THEM DOWN! SOON

Apr 10, 2008 2:05 am EDT

I like a fool signed up, saw the load of trash, that is BUTTERFLY NETWORK, then thank god, i found this site and everyones comments. I immediately emailed their bank and within 24 hours, i received an email with the money the refunded, have learnt my lesson...

Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am EDT

Add one more person to the list of bozos who got suckered by Butterfly Network. I feel like a prize donkey now. And i thought these ### paid some sort of a royalty to allow download of movies! "Welcome to the world of peer to peer" it seems! If only i find the site host i will ### slap him till he weeps like a girl.

Apr 01, 2008 8:49 pm EDT

Thanks, i'm glad i looked around before i handed out any money to cheezy too good to be true websites.

Feb 29, 2008 10:51 am EST

I spose the moral of the story is, download it illegally, same results, less money. Or start your own scam operation and use the proceeds to buy dvds. Horrible scam if you're a victim, but you know there's some dude somewhere laughing his ### off at all the free money stupid people are giving him. What a dick...

Feb 18, 2008 8:29 am EST

Well stab me in the back. They got me also. Is there any recorse? Does everyone complain here and this becomes a dead letter drop?
We need help!

BB

Feb 16, 2008 12:20 pm EST

I have also fell for the scam. I have paid the full recommended fee of 58.62 us dollars including the tax.
I feel a fool now as i thought i knew better than to fall for something like this but it was highly recommended on the consumer site as others have stated.
I have also been sent an e mail replyquickly from customer support at butterfly with some basic instructions of how to download movies etc. It took me over 100 hours to download a movie that is corrupted and will not run.
I have sent another e mail and have asked for the refund, no reply yet. I have also now sent my comments to clickbank as i have the original e mail from them.

Nothing in life is free, remember that

F
Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am EDT

Oops, sorry guys, I forgot to post that email address for the customer service rep at click bank. It's: jmc@clickbank.com

F
Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am EDT

Hello everyone. I also had the same lesson with the Butterfly network but I only discovered these complaints online after the fact. However, I was able to read that a customer had wisely contacted clickbank and had asked for a refund. Todays date is Feb. 12th, 2008 and I just received an email from clickbank telling me that my money has been refunded. That said, I didn't hesitate over the weekend to call mastercard and cancel that CC and ask to be assigned a new number. I pasted this web site URL with all the complaints about this russian dude who the clickbank account is named after on behalf of the butterfly network. I can't fathom how many people he is soaking and how much much money he is raking in. So my advice is not to join butterfly, but if you do, and you get soaked like the rest of us, contact clickbank immediately, include this web site complaints page address in your email, and print it off and keep it. When you get your CC statement, study it like a hawk and check to see if you did in fact get your refund. If you didn't, report clickbank to the police. I've never heard of them before this, so who knows who owns clikbank...perhaps that same russian character - I don't know.

Here is the email address of the customer service rep at clickbank. Don't hesitate to use it.

Best of luck. This has been my baptism in online CC fraud. I won't make the same mistake again.

Sincerely,

Fez McLeod

Feb 11, 2008 2:11 am EST

I too have been ripped off. I can't believe I fell for it. They deserve to be locked up. I wish I'd have read all this before I was naive enough to pay them! They must be making a fortune.

Feb 04, 2008 8:00 am EST

I too wish I would have read these complaints, as have been ripped off too.

Butterfly is nothing but a big scam and making lots off money off the ignorant like me.

Jan 22, 2008 2:04 am EST

I was conned to pay by this web too.