Burger Kingcharged twice

Ja Sep 12, 2019 Review updated:

Hi I'm writing because I recently made a purchase at the Burger King on Newport Ave in Rumford Rhode Island. I used my Cash app card which is NOT a bank card. It's a card you put money in to use. It's linked to my phone and email when I make purchases it immediately goes to my phone and I get an email. Well the woman that rang me up said my card didn't go threw and she swiped it again. I told her it did because it came off my phone. Needless to say she swiped it again and sure enough it took the money off my card twice! When I showed them it on my phone and email they still refused to give me my money! I would like to get a refund and see how I'd go about doing so! I have both the person that refused to refund me as well as the manager for that stores name. As well as the emails proving I was charged twice. Please contact me so I can get this felt with. My name is Janiece [protected]

• Updated by Janiece Cabral, Sep 12, 2019

I can copy the emails and bring the paper copy. But I did show them the two emails showing they charged me twice. I called the local corporate and they stated they would have the district manager call me back. I haven’t heard back yet. Would they be able to see when they cash out the draw that I was charged more than once?

• Updated by Janiece Cabral, Sep 12, 2019

Ok, I’ll have to call the local corporate office again tomorrow. I can call that Burger King and see if their draw was over. I have one question though if they charged me twice for my order would both transactions have the same order number?

• Updated by Janiece Cabral, Sep 13, 2019

I’ve never had issues with it the entire time i’ve had it! The woman that rang me up swiped it twice. That’s why it charged me twice.

Comments

•   Sep 12, 2019

I think that you’d need to go in person to fix the situation. They need a ably to see proof in person and not a copy of your phone email. If the store manager won’t help you and I don’t see why not, I’d find out the district manager’s name.

•   Sep 12, 2019

Mistakes are made and you aren’t the only one who has an error made. At days’ end the totals might be off but if others were made they might balance out closely.

•   Sep 13, 2019

I'd get rid of that card.