braveworkstaffing.comselling &free& credit report

On January 25, an ad was placed on craigslist for a Customer Services Administrator (Logistics) on neworleans.cragislist.org in the Admin/Clerical category. A respondent using the name Sara Russell answered an inquiry requesting general information, which was answered. A subsequent response directed me to a "free" credit report site which required credit card information, saying that for the "free trial period the card would not be charged."

More braveworkstaffing.com Complaints & Reviews

Jasmine Jefferson Aug 29, 2010

My name is Jasmine and I received the same email word for word from someone named Susan White. I was just browsing, and checking my email and I ran across this. I think that it is just absolutely ridiculous that someone is out there preying on people that is trying to find a real job. I'm so glad that I've seen this, and I will not be looking for a job on craigslist anymore so again I thank you and I'm sorry as well that this has happen to good honest people like us that's just trying to work, and take care of our families. God Bless you in your job search, just have faith and trust in God he will supply all of your needs, and he will see you through your times of troubles.

God Bless
    Jasmine Jefferson

• Ra
    ray79 Feb 04, 2010

I GOT THE SAME EXACT LETTER FROM THEM TODAY ABOUT A PRODUCTION WORK IN SACRAMENTO, CA
    THAT ### WANTED MY CREDIT SCORE AFTER I SUBMITTED MY RESUME.!!! HOW DO WE STOP THEM AND WHAT SHOULD I DO??? So ###in irritated..

• Tb
    tbsmom Feb 04, 2010

I am in California and have been corresponding with "Abbie Jordan" from Bravework Staffing. She emailed last night saying she wanted to set up an interview and told me she needed a credit report brought to the interview. She provided me with a link to NationalCreditReport.com. I became suspicious not ONLY because of the request of a credit report but also because when I received emails FROM her the email address was [email protected] but when I REPLIED to her the email for her that it went to was [email protected] This seemed a little odd so I did my research and found this complaint board. I encourage everyone to do as I did and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. The handle cases of fraud and stolen identity. I filed my report this morning. How else are we going to get these people to stop praying in peopole that are just trying to find work in these hard times?

• Ya
    ya boy lo Feb 04, 2010

For those of you who wish to further investigate this problem, there a little thing called a domain look up through googling who is and clicking on the network solutions link. By doing the lookup, here were my results, I hope this helps

WHOIS results for gofreecredit.com

ConsumerTrack Inc. ()

Fax:

Administrative Contact:
    ConsumerTrack Inc.
    ConsumerTrack Inc. ([email protected])
    1.[protected]
    Fax: 1.[protected]

Technical Contact:
    ConsumerTrack Inc.
    ConsumerTrack Inc. ([email protected])
    1.[protected]

dns4.name-services.com
    dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 21 Oct 2006 05:51:00
    Expiration date: 21 Oct 2010 05:51:00

Get Noticed on the Internet! Increase visibility for this domain name by listing it at
    www.whoisbusinesslistings.com
    =-=-=-=

The data in this whois database is provided to you for information
    purposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or
    related to a domain name registration record. We make this information
    available "as is, " and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a
    whois query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful
    purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (1)
    enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or load
    this whois database system providing you this information; or (2) allow,
    enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
    commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic
    mail, or by telephone. The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or
    other use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior written
    consent from us.

We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting
    this query, you agree to abide by these terms.
    Version 6.3 4/3/2002

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    IP Address: 208.43.130.223 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: -(-)
    Record Type: Domain Name
    Server Type: IIS 6
    Lock Status: clientTransferProhibited
    WebSite Status: Active
    DMOZ no listings
    Y! Directory: see listings
    WebSite Title: GoLookOnline - What are You looking for Today?
    Meta Description: Find financial resources to save money and improve your credit score at GoLookOnline.com. Refinance your home or lower your insurance rates through these recommended lenders and providers.
    Meta Keywords: financial resources, save money, go look online
    Secure: No
    Ecommerce: No
    Traffic Ranking: 4
    Data as of: 22-Apr-2008

• Ke
    Keepin Faith Feb 03, 2010

I just applied for a customer service call center position in the Janseville, WI area. I got the same response word for word, but the name listed was ABBIE JORDAN not Sara Russell. The position was on craigslist, and I got a email this morning about sending info about my qualifications, educational background, etc. I just sent the response, so I am still waiting to get the request for credit info. That will not be happening!!! I just want to work and make a honest living to help my spouse support our family, I hate that there are people out there taking advantage of how hard the economy is and people just trying to survive. I thank everyone for posting their comments and I thank GOD for putting it on my heart to check. God has been making a way for us to make it and he'll continue to do so. Everyone hang in there that legit job will come for us all. And for those of you who don't believe in prayer this is a good time to start as any. Just look around you are still making it ! I pray that everyone who did get taken in a little further with the credit info, will be able to get things straighten out. Faith is a hard lesson sometimes, but it's worth it. Hang in there people!

Jencot1 Feb 01, 2010

And the name on my e-mail was Abbie Jordan.

Jencot1 Feb 01, 2010

I got the same email for a job in Springfield, MO. Deleted it!! Bummer when people are trying so hard to find a job that people prey on others.

• He
    henn1 Feb 01, 2010

I am in Bellingham, WA I too received the same e-mail word for word but with one difference it was from Abbie Jordan from Brave Work Staffing.

Chris35107 Feb 01, 2010

Well, this scam has made its way to Boise, Idaho. Received the very same email that all the others did. I tried the phone number and to no suprise it was disconnected.

If there are people who have actually gone through with the credit report...call and cancel IMMEDIATELY. If you don't you will be charged hidden fees for the service. Keep a watch on your credit card statements to make sure there aren't any charges.

Good luck on the job search!!!

jaststclair Feb 01, 2010

They are doing it in Montana as well. I got the origional email and responded to it. Then I realized that the person who signed the email was Sara Russell and the address was listed for an Abbie Jordan. So I looked it up. Luckily I noticed before I got the second email. But at the same time if I got an email with them wanting my credit report I would reply the same way that I have responded to anyone wanting it.

I tell them that if they want my credit report I will bring it to my interview and I will pick the place that I get my report from, I WILL NOT use there link to file a credit report because Im not stupid enough to do that and get my identity stolen. None the less I dont get anymore responses from them.

MaverickM Jan 31, 2010

If you want to contact the company hiding behind BraveWorkStaffing.com, here is their info:
    Domain Name: BRAVEWORKSTAFFING.COM

Phone: +1.[protected]
    Fax: +1.[protected]

• Da
    DANiel Bond Jan 31, 2010

Hey as reading all your comments i see its alot of people, i also apply at the same time here in EL Paso for about 4 jobs, and the four job post reply with that they needed my credit card report. I just automatically thought it was a scam so i reply to them and remind about their mother *&^(&)*_))_. Sorry to everyone that did, i will never reply to Craig list job post.

NOte: I believe the scam stops on the credit card report, the company that does the reports, should probably pay those fraud people commission for getting clients

• To
    totallibra Jan 31, 2010

I got the same exact email in Provo, UT... In fact over 80% of the responses I get from "job ads" are scams... I hate that they are wasting my time on these scams when I need a real job. Who do they think they are anyways???

• Mi
    Michael from AK Jan 30, 2010

Hello all, and Thank you all for these reports, she has reached all the way to Alaska too, I made it to the second email from her reqesting the credit report and stopped there and researched her and Bravework Staffing and found a couple different sites reporting this scam, her scam here was in General Labor section of craiglist for skilled carpnters needed.
    It is sad to think that anyone would have to show a credit report to get a Labor or skilled job in countrys current job market, with all the problems this country has had in last couple years, it would most likely make most people unable to find a job, what with all the foreclosures and lay-offs we have all gone through, lets all hope that a person never has to prove you have good credit and money to get job and make money

• Ro
    Rosanne Knowlton Jan 29, 2010

I am in Vegas and yes I fell for the "Sara Russell" Bravework staffing thing too. The emails were word for word and after sending her one back saying I will be available to interview, I had a gut feeling something was wrong, I decided to search...and thankyou I found this review. The phone # to CreditReport.com is [protected]. I called them immediately and they were very good about helping through this scam. So yes everyone contact Craigslist to have this removed and reported..creeps!

• Ac
    A-Concerned-Applicant Jan 29, 2010

I too replied to Ms. Russell's posting on www.craigslist.org and received the same preliminary information that most of you have. Before submitting any personal information to any potential employer, I ALWAYS do a "background check" on the company; afterall, if they can conduct one on its prospects, then QUID PRO QUO is in effect! Prior to allowing myself to be "had" at Ms. Russell's hand, here is what I kindly replied to her first email:

Dear Ms. Russell,

I have taken the time to do EXTENSIVE research on Bravework Staffing and have found sufficient information to make an informed decision. While I thank you for your prompt reply, I enthusiastically decline on the grounds of fraud. I am an HONEST, goal-oriented, hard-working citizen simply looking for stable employment. Your "company" seems to only perpetuate the divide between workers and employers...not "successfully connect" them. Furthermore, if Bravework Staffing had been a REAL, HONEST, REPUTABLE site, it would have been cleaner in appearance, and included track records, job listings, and COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION!!!

Ms. Russell, the multiple counterfeit job postings on such mediums as www.craigslist.org have been reported by numerous individuals; I sincerely pray that you consider a more honest line of work! Surely, there must be another UPSTANDING career field for you to engage in and positively develop your talents, as you obviously have been blessed with the art of persuasion. Perhaps after taking the time to review this transmission--which incidentally, will be my last--you will take these words to heart: a person who sits down to plot out ill-gotten gains is surely headed for destruction!

In closing, please remove my name and point of contact from any list or archive you may have placed it in. Also, I have forwarded a copy of each transmission between you and I, as well as all the aforementioned "sufficient information", to my attorney, who is currently looking into the fraudulent nature of your "company" and its actions. Needless to say, I am not interested in "telling you a little bit about myself" and no further personal information will be sent; nor will I allow myself to be insidiously duped into relinquishing my personal banking information. You should also know that my heart cries out for you. I do not know why you have elected this as the manner in which you do business, however, I will pray for you. It is never too late to make a conscious decision to refocus your agenda for a positive purpose.

Proverbs 15:27 He who profits illicitly troubles his own house, But he who hates bribes will live.

• As
    AshleighMcCarty Jan 29, 2010

I just replied to a posting on Craigslist for a housekeeping Job in Reading, PA. Almost instantly I got the following reply:

Hello Ashleigh,

I hope you are doing well this afternoon, and I would like to thank you for your application to this job opening.

I am reviewing potential applicants and scheduling interviews for later this week & early next week.

Would you care to tell me a little bit about yourself, your hobbies, educational background, and any previous related experience if applicable?

Lastly, if you had to choose 3 words which best describe yourself, what would they be?

"Successfully connecting workers and employers for 11 years."

I'm glad I checked here first!!! Thank you all!

• Va
    vargas13 Jan 29, 2010

Received in Chico, CA under WAREHOUSE WORK

Second scam that got me. At least I didn't actually go to their office for this scam...I cussed out the credit helper guy who called me as soon as I finished putting my info through the credit report website. First time, the guy asked what I wanted, and I told him I just needed a hardcopy because I was applying for a job. He immidiately hung up. I called back, that person sent me to another operator, the other operator told me I could have them print it, but it would cost me $1 plus 14.99 if I didn't cancel in a week. I told him that wouldn't work for me, and he just hung up. I called back numerous times, got a pick up and instant hang up, and finally after calling about 4 times, I got the last pickup, and I was straightforward..."I don't want any ###, this is ###ing freaking me out. Either get me a print out of my free credit report, or ### off. He told me he couldn't do that, so I told him to take out my info from their company. Hope to never hear from them again.

• Em
    E-man Jan 29, 2010

I recieved the email as well in Tampa FL. how I handle it is buy googling every job I intend to apply for, google the phone #, company and if they don't have either, google the email address. If the outcome still looks suspect to me I then give them a resume excluding all pertant information, addresses and contacts the replace that with- SORRY, Dew to the overwelming flow of scams today I am sending a portion of my resume, the complete resume is at the interview. the jobs that pass google will get the real resume. DO NOT fill out any applications online without going to the actual page for that company, you will be giving your info to someone you don't want to get it.
    Good luck to all.

john doe ray me Jan 28, 2010

Craigslist says these kinds of scams are very common and to contact the affiliate the scammer is working for. Email https://www.gofreecredit.com/ with any complaints and supposedly that sometimes shuts down the scammer according to craigslist. I think https://www.gofreecredit.com/ themselves are the ones posting these bogus ads to sucker people in. Truly pathetic and they need to be shut down!!!

• Re
    rec420g Jan 28, 2010

thank you again I really appreciate this web site. everyone should go to there local craigslist and do a complaint mail. again thank you and good luck in your guys job hunt!

john doe ray me Jan 28, 2010

I just got hit by this "sara russell" scammer here in Tampa, FL on craigslist. I didn't sign up for the credit report though, so I thwarted the scam just in time. I was excited about finally getting an interview and then I researched "bravework staffing agency" and got this page. [email protected]!$ing [censor]ESS!!!

• Re
    rec420g Jan 28, 2010

bude that is so crazy ... i to got the same word for word e-mail back, luckily when i read it back to my fiance she said nope! hold up this is a scam... Im sorry to hear you others got sucked in... Im lucky i have a smart girlfriend . good luck on your guys job search though! Rob c salt lake city, utah

• Ab
    abilenemom Jan 28, 2010

Great -- same thing just happened to me, too. Have I now compromised my account by using my debit card? I can't get to a human on the 800 numbers to cancel the "membership." HELP!

• Sc
    ScammedinLV Jan 28, 2010

Apparently this 'fake' ad posting is now preying on people in the Las Vegas, Nevada, area. Please be aware. The particular ad posting was for a photographer for preschool children.

I likewise spent a lot of time responding to questions about me, for this supposed 'job'. But suddenly I became suspicious when asked for a copy of my credit report. I have NEVER had a job ask for this before.

And yes - my e-mail responses were EXACTLY the same as everyone elses - word-for-word. What amazes me is that Sara Russell is pretending to be a 'local' person for setting up the interviews, and yet I see from other responses that she is somehow in Illinois, in Cleveland, Ohio, in Eugene, Oregon, and now in Las Vegas, Nevada - simultaneously!!!

Is there anything the 'authorities' can do to stop such scams?

Thanks for the 'heads up' from everyone else. But now Craigslist needs to take action to block these ads!!! Has everyone who posted on complaintsboard.com contacted Craigslist as well???

• Ba
    babyb_105 Jan 28, 2010

I decided to do a little research myself on this "bravework staffing" company after "Sara Russel" refused to tell me what company I would be "housekeeping" for. Thank you for all your posts, they have been very helpful! (Eugene, OR craigslist as a housekeeping services assistant)

• Tr
    travelenman Jan 28, 2010

It happened to me as well, Sara Russell sounds like a very generic name and made me a little suspicious. They were offering a job as an equipment technician here in Eugene, Oregon, which is very common with golf season coming up so I thought nothing of it until the final email asking me to bring my credit score to the interview. That is when I found this site. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. I hope my local news channel reads this on the air.

• Jd
    jdubbrew Jan 28, 2010

I just applyed for this job as well and got the same e-mails as everyone else. Luckily I decided to do a little research before I signed up for the credit report. Thank you all for posting here to warn everybody else about this!

• Ti
    Tim Lowry Jan 28, 2010

I too was betaken by this scam. Make sure you notify online credit report company immediately that you want nothing to do with their service want your name removed from their list with no charges.

• Mj
    MJ Parker Jan 28, 2010

I'm anxious to see the response I get. I have received the same word for word emails everyone else has. The only difference is that I already have a copy of my credit score that is less than 3 months old. We'll see how Sara Russell responds when I reply to schedule an interview.

jennifer Myers Jan 28, 2010

i am so frustrated.
    the scam still seems vague to me but i guess what can happen, for those of us who signed up for a free credit report, is that we can be victims of identity theft.

the option then is to pay $30 to get our credit frozen.

anyone have any other thoughts? this is bad.

• Ds
    dswegan Jan 28, 2010

I think the scam lies with Creditreport.com. You are directed to their site to get a credit report. It is free when you activate an account for 7 days. I found out through some research that Bravework staffing agency was a farce. I went to cancel the acoount with Credit Report telling them I was directed to Credit Report through a scam on Craigs list. The oerato for Credit Report then told me that they would drop the monthly fee for me not to cancel the account. Why would the company, Credit Report, continue to sell you their services when I had already told the Credit Report operator I was directed to them through a scam. Because Direct Credit is the scammer.

• Li
    lightpro300 Jan 28, 2010

Same responsesd in Cleveland for Customer service position. Responded with interview times and a refusal to produce a credit report stating it had no relevance to the position. Interested in seeing what the reply is.

jonesy1102 Jan 28, 2010

Ditto..
    I too wasted my time replying to her original email.
    This is so frustrating...

jennifer Myers Jan 28, 2010

me too - in pittsburgh - for a customer service job.

what is the scam exactly then?

• Al
    alsosickofscammers Jan 28, 2010

I received the same responses, word for word, from the same individual in response to a job as an Event Coordinator with FEMA in Illinois.

• Si
    sickofscammers1 Jan 28, 2010

Don't waste your time replying to that email like I did. I took at least an hour out of my job search to tell "Sara" exactly how my experience fit her job description. It annoys me to no end when these scammers prey upon job seekers who desperately need income and can't afford to waste time on stupid scams. And EVERYONE feels this way, so WHO are they fooling?! What is the pay-off? Did he/she smile at my response with a sick satisfaction that yes, someone had indeed hoped this was a real job and for the moment was fooled? I don't get it.

The follow-up email to yours will say:

"It is great to hear back from you so quickly, the promptness is greatly appreciated.

Based on your responses and credentials I would like the opportunity to personally interview you later this week or early next week. I am available this week Wednesday to Friday from 9am to 4pm, and Monday to Wednesday of next week from 9am to 4pm, would any of these times work for you?

I would like you to bring a copy of your resume to the interview so that we can have a hardcopy for our files. You should also bring a recent copy of your credit report, if you do not have a report or it is older than 3 months you can request a free report from http://www.seemycreditscore.com/freeservices/ which takes less than 3 minutes and has no cost to you.

I look forward to hearing back from you, please confirm your desired interview time and a phone number I can reach you at.

• Ha
    hamburgers Jan 28, 2010

responded to an ad on craig's list. sent my resume. received this e-mail, sent at 10:30 PM: