Bob's Discount Furnitureangry delivery crew

D

Bob's needs to invent is higher quality delivery people. I had a fine experience inside the store. Got a call 2 days ahead of the delivery of my couch for a delivery window between 11:45 am and 2:45 pm. I was coming back from an appointment I had schedule in advance and pulled up to my apartment 15 minutes before the start of my delivery time frame.

At 11:30 am, I looked at my phone and had a voicemail from Bob's dispatcher harassing me that I wasn't at my apartment at 11:30 am, when they weren't even supposed to be there until 11:45 am or later. When I pulled up, the delivery "men" had my couch sitting on wet grass in the pouring rain because I wasn't there at 11:30 am when my delivery window wasn't to begin until after that.

The drivers removed all of the wrapping from my couch before even bringing it into my apartment building. As a result, they ripped all the corners of the couch and dumped it in my living room and ran out the door before I could notice the extensive damage they did to a brand new couch because they had such bad attitudes that I wasn't at my apartment early. In addition the whole bottom of my couch was soaking wet from sitting in the rain when they could have left it in the truck until the scheduled delivery time was to begin.

I called to report the damage and asked that the delivery fee be refunded, but they said they don't do any kind of monetary compensation and they would deliver a new couch several weeks out. Overall, I don't feel compelled to return to Bob's because their delivery staff just wasted hundreds of dollars on a perfectly good couch because they couldn't wait five minutes for me to receive the delivery at my apartment. Also, I think the inconvenience of this whole experience should entitle me to a discount or at least a refund for the delivery fee which was carried out so inappropriately.

angry delivery crew

RESOLVED

• Bo
    Bob Cares Dec 10, 2012

I'm sorry to hear about your delivery experience. Please email us at [email protected] and we'll be in touch. Thanks, Eric.