Menu

BlockShopper.com  -  Invasion of Privacy to make money

M
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Blockshopper.com gleens other websites to get real estate info to put on their site...for the sole purpose of selling advertising dollars. if you request to opt-out, they say no. they have put peoples' lives at risk and still, nothing. I have called the FTC today and reported them and will keep calling all their advertisers, realtors etc. to get them to realize, this 3 man, 1 woman company is a 'joke' ...and not reputable...so why would anyone want to be associated with that? especially, Lifelock, Disney, Wells Fargo, Swarofski, Bank of America and realtors?

I amongst many are complaining about Blockshopper refusing to remove my personal address from a google link to their website. My name should not be advertising Blockshopper. They need to pay me to use my name as a link to their website. What I find alarming is that all anyone in the world has to do is google my name and up pops my personal address. All the other cites will remove my address if I request, but not this bunch at Blockshopper. They are causing people needless grief. They are frightening people because the innocent public is now open to cyber staulking, cyber fraud, etc. I cannot belief this Blockshopper is still in business. I am happy to join a class action lawsuit against them. I know Jones Day law firm sued them in Chicago, and Blockshopper was forced to remove the attorneys' info from the Blockshopper link.

If Blockshopper.com can put up information with disregard to peoples' privacies, then they shouldn't be so unhappy when they see themselves over and over and over and over...in a NEGATIVE light on Google...which states this very thought...(that Blockshopper.com gets to put on the web every public record they can find). Well, I say FINE ! Everyone should keep writing how UN-Happy they are that Blockshopper.com will NOT remove that information... Let's see how Happy THEY are when their AD DOLLARS go DOWN and DOWN and Down... don't get mad...get even ! Nothing personal...it's just Business! The business of getting EVEN !

More BlockShopper.com complaints & reviews

BlockShopper.com - Won't remove home listings from Google search
BlockShopper.com - invasion of privacy/won't let us 'opt-out'
BlockShopper.com - unauthorized advertisement of sale ot my house
BlockShopper.com - Revealing personal information

View 0 more photos
J
Apr 01, 2010 5:37 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Seems to me that BlockShopper has violated the Real Estates Code of Ethics by publishing personal home data under SALES without the homeowners authorization.
Did anyone contact the Real Estate board? Im assuming that they are real estates agents/brokers.

T
May 01, 2012 6:32 am

I am Brian Timpone

View 0 more photos
T
May 01, 2012 6:26 am

Hi, my name is Brian Timpone take your best shot. Hahaha!

F
Jan 26, 2010 3:14 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

would it be hard to have your name made into a registered trade mark or have your name copyrighted then file action for copyright infringement.. LOL

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

41 complaints