Menu

complaints

Bill Collins Auto Group Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
10 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Bill Collins Auto Group at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Bill Collins Auto Group has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bill Collins Auto Group. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Bill Collins Auto Group complaints 10

Sort by:

Newest Bill Collins Auto Group complaints

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group I bought a car from Bill Collins Auto Group about 5 months ago

I bought a car from Bill Collins Auto Group about 5 months ago. Unfortunately, my car had some issues and I had to take it to the shop. It's been 1 month and 2 weeks since the dealership has had my car, but they haven't given me any answers or updates. I really need my car fixed because I have children and transportation is important for us. If necessary, I can provide more details about the situation to help find a solution.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group I bought a car (2019 Ford Mustang GT) on 3/19 from Bill Collins's Ford

I bought a car (2019 Ford Mustang GT) on 3/19 from Bill Collins's Ford. I drove it home and everything seemed fine. But then, on 3/25, when I got back to California, someone crashed into me and wrecked the car. It was a total loss, and on 3/27, I found out that the car was still registered under the previous owner's name. I needed to get a proper title for it. Can you believe it? Bill Collins's Ford sold me a car that they didn't even legally own!

Now, it's been 4 months, and I still haven't received any insurance payout because Bill Collins's doesn't have the title for the car. I've already released liability for it, but I'm stuck with monthly bills for a car I don't even have anymore. This whole situation is messing up my credit and personal finances. I keep trying to get help from Bill Collins's Ford, but they won't give me the necessary documents for the insurance (USAA). It's a mess, and it all comes back to Bill Collins's Ford not doing their part at the corporate level. They're not providing any assistance or the right paperwork for the car.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group I bought a car on May 3rd, but the dealership ain't done nothin' 'bout the paperwork for the KY DMV

I bought a car on May 3rd, but the dealership ain't done nothin' 'bout the paperwork for the KY DMV. I paid 'em to do it, ya know? The DMV said they gotta file the title and register the car within 30 days, but it's been 55 days now. I've been callin' and emailin' 'em, but they ain't never called or emailed me back. Finally, after tryin' so many times, I got to talk to ***. I also left messages for *** and ***, but they never bothered to call or email me back. I complained to Nissan Consumer Affairs N.A. and the KY Motor Vehicle Commission, but the dealership still ain't done nothin' 'bout the paperwork. They cashed my check on May 5th, though. I got copies of all the emails and voice recordings of my calls to Bill Collins Nissan and Nissan Consumer Complaints NA. Plus, I got all the

Hide full review

Is Bill Collins Auto Group legit?

Our verdict: After an exhaustive investigation, Complaints Board has identified Bill Collins Auto Group as exhibiting significant legitimacy concerns, categorically indicating it's not legit. Engaging with Bill Collins Auto Group is strongly discouraged, highlighting a substantial risk to users' personal and financial security. Do not provide any information. Report any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities.

Bill Collins Auto Group earns 0% level of Trustworthiness

Critical Trust Alert: Complaints Board reveals Bill Collins Auto Group as a scam with only 0% ligitimacy. Strongly advised against interaction.

With only 0% of 5 complaints being resolved, Bill Collins Auto Group slow complaint resolution rate suggests poor service, lack of responsiveness, or a lack of helpfulness, causing frustration to users. It is obvious that the company has the lowest level of trust.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• We found clear and detailed contact information for Bill Collins Auto Group. The company provides a physical address, 5 phone numbers, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.
  • After using multiple security services, we have determined that the Bill Collins Auto Group website is safe for users. No malware, phishing, or security threats have been detected that could pose a risk to users.
E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group On 01/13/2022, I took my 2011 Nissan Alima to Collins Nissan 'cause the "service engine soon" light kept comin' on and on after I got a new Mass

On 01/13/2022, I took my 2011 Nissan Alima to Collins Nissan 'cause the "service engine soon" light kept comin' on and on after I got a new Mass air flow sensor from ***. The code *** was read from the code reader at ***, and they said it was the Mass air flow sensor that was causin' the problem. So they changed the sensor and reset the code. But the dang light kept comin' back, so I figured there might be somethin' else goin' on. I told all this to *** and asked him to fix the light. It took him a whole day to call me back and say they fixed the problem, and they charged me $177.40 for it. I took the car home on 1/14/22, but after drivin' about 15 miles, the light came back on again, and the code reader showed the same *** problem. I left two messages for *** but never got a call back. Finally, on the third try, I talked to him, and he told me to bring the car back on 1/20/22. So I brought it in and waited. Another advisor took the car, and after a little while, they told me I had to replace the *** Sensor and try their sensor to see if it would fix the problem. But that would cost an extra $350, and I couldn't go with their guess 'cause the *** part works fine in all cars. To sum it up, the dealer didn't fix the problem and still charged me $177.40.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group My car's at the collision center, and the tech said they had to do extra work 'cause a year ago when my car got hit, they didn't fix the damage

My car's at the collision center, and the tech said they had to do extra work 'cause a year ago when my car got hit, they didn't fix the damage proper. They just filled the hole with body filler and painted over it, fooling my insurance company. They called me and said they put the wrong bumper on, but I told 'em I wanted the right one. When I finally got my car back, the work order said they painted the trunk and put on new emblems, and they charged the insurance for it. But the trunk wasn't painted, still had the old chipped emblems, and it was a different color. The service manager said they didn't paint it 'cause they thought it'd be fine, even though they got paid for it. They rushed and painted and put my car back together in just 8 hours, which makes me think they didn't do a good job. When I look at my car, the fresh paint on the driver's side doesn't match the paint on the passenger side. I don't know if it's 'cause of fading, but it don't look right to me. They've lied to me multiple times about my car and their service. If they've done shady work and fooled my insurance company twice, I bet they've done it to other customers too.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group I went with *** to take her 2008 Ford Edge to the dealership for 2 recalls

I went with *** to take her 2008 Ford Edge to the dealership for 2 recalls. They were for a defective passenger side airbag and possible corrosion in the fuel tank. We took it in late October . When we went back to pick it up, on the way home we noticed the heat wasn't working right. It was only working on low. When you turned it up, the air was cold. It worked great when we took it in there. I took it back a few days later and was told I could leave it there again. I told them I would check it out myself. I couldn't find the problem and had other problems that were even worse that I had to fix first. She went through the winter with just low heat. I had checked on the blend door actuators, but I thought there were only two. I learned there were three, so I checked again and found the problem. The right main actuator was gone. They had to remove it. The heat would not have worked right before without it. With the pandemic hitting in March and the weather not cold, we decided to wait until a better time to deal with it. I started trying to get ahold of them again in November. Very hard to get an answer or to get somebody to return a message. 1 *** finally answered and denied that they removed it. He said I could bring it in for an estimate. I thought that was a joke, trying to get her to pay for something they did. I went there with *** again recently and talked to another service rep. I told him what happened and he was too rude to deal with. I decided I would just put a new one in, but then I noticed there isn't even the wire harness that plugs into the actuator. I can't even put in a new one for her. Somebody really did a number on it. To say this whole ordeal has been ridiculous is a huge understatement!

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group Had a warranty issue on a new truck I bought at Bill Collins Ford

Had a warranty issue on a new truck I bought at Bill Collins Ford. Tried to get a loaner vehicle from the dealership, but they couldn't provide one. So, I called Ford customer service and asked if they could approve a loaner while my truck was being repaired under warranty. They said Ford would reimburse up to 2000 dollars for a rental car, as long as it was a Ford. The dealership didn't offer much help with getting a rental, except for some moral support because the customer service rep said I would be reimbursed. My truck ended up in the shop for 20 days. I called and texted the dealership service advisor and the rental car company, trying to get them more involved with the rental, but it didn't work out. Finally, I picked up my truck and asked about the reimbursement. They told me I had to contact customer service and they would take care of it. Customer service said the dealership should have opened a warranty claim and given me a case number, but they didn't. So, customer service had to call the dealership and have them open a case for the warranty work, so I could get reimbursed for the rental car. I ended up paying 1,411.59 dollars for the rental, but Ford only reimbursed me 350.00 dollars. I called the customer service department and asked for the remaining cost, but they told me to contact the dealership and ask them to cover it. The dealership told me to call Ford's customer service department and have them reimburse the rest. I've made about 14 calls between the two, and I've asked for a supervisor to call me at least 4 times, but no one has called me back yet. Today, the customer service rep put me on hold while she talked to her supervisor. When she came back on the line, she said he wouldn't pay anything else and that he would call me within 30 minutes to explain. But I never received his call.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group The transmission went out on my 2016 Ford Escape and I sent it to Bill Collins Ford on 6/17

The transmission went out on my 2016 Ford Escape and I sent it to Bill Collins Ford on 6/17. They said they needed to figure out what caused the transmission failure before they could fix it because it's still under warranty. They finally called on 11/18 to say they were waiting on the warranty company to decide whether to repair or replace the transmission. They ordered parts for both options. When I asked what caused the failure, they said they didn't know yet and were trying to "cut corners" to get me out the door. Another dealership and Ford Motor Company later told me that this is warranty fraud. You can't order parts or determine if the repair is covered without knowing the cause of the failure. So, they either lied or committed warranty fraud. Now, on 1/17/2022, they say the vendor building my transmission has 235 transmissions to build before mine, and they're working on orders from September. If Bill Collins had looked at my car sooner, my transmission would already be in line with the vendor. But because of their delay, I'm even further behind. The staff at Bill Collins hasn't been helpful in escalating this. I had to visit the service department in person to start talking to a general manager. The GM has been nice to talk to, but we haven't made any progress. Bill Collins refuses to help with a rental or loaner car. My warranty only covers 5 days of rental, which doesn't help much for the 7+ months I've been without a vehicle.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group My car was in the shop for a whole month 'cause it was havin' trouble startin' and the radio was actin' up

My car was in the shop for a whole month 'cause it was havin' trouble startin' and the radio was actin' up. They had already reset the car twice before takin' it to the dealership. It's been there three times in the last two months, and this last time they had to replace two apims. The first one didn't work with my car, but they said the second one would. Finally got my car back after a month, but it only lasted a week before more problems popped up. I sent this message to the dealership before they had to tow my car away last week on 2/2/22 for the issues I'm 'bout to mention. For two days, it randomly didn't wanna start. One day, it wouldn't start for the second time in a day. So, that's three times in total. I even got a picture of the check engine light and battery light on. I was on the phone with *** the third time I tried to start it, and he heard it not startin'. It acts like the battery is drained, like it ain't got no power to the car or even to open the trunk sometimes. It goes real slow. They told me it had 20 seconds to shut off when I was pullin' up to pick up ***. And now, it's been sputterin' like it's 'bout to die while I'm drivin' it ever since I got it back. I tried pullin' out of the hospital (where I work) onto the main road, and it was jerkin' and sputterin' like it was gonna die on me. The radio's actin' up again too. Every now and then, it freezes or glitches, and the speakers sound all staticky and fuzzy when I try to use the phone or listen to the radio. I put the car in accessory mode to roll up a window, and it honked the horn twice for no reason. I was on the phone with my ford rep ***, and she heard it too. Then, I opened the back passenger door to clean it out for the tow truck, and the security alarm went off. Mind you, the car was unlocked, and you can't open a car door unless it's unlocked. My ford rep *** heard it happen too. And to top it all off, my trunk wouldn't open even after pressin' unlock multiple times. I even got a video of it.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bill Collins Auto Group On Friday, Feb 28th, I drove home from work, pulled in my garage, and an hour later walked out to see a liquid coming from under my car

On Friday, Feb 28th, I drove home from work, pulled in my garage, and an hour later walked out to see a liquid coming from under my car. I thought it was transmission fluid, so I called Bill Collins Ford at 7:20 pm and spoke with *** in the service department. I explained what I saw, and he asked if I wanted to bring it in. I said yes. They are open from 8-5 on Saturdays, so I immediately took my vehicle and dropped it off.

For 8 days, I heard nothing until I called ***, the service manager, and Ford Corporate. I called 3 times and was told that they hadn't looked at it yet, and I was #20 on the list for a loaner car. After the second call in the middle of the week, they finally told me that some people were out sick with the flu. I was now #2 in line. By the third call from me, I was told again (twice) that I was still #2. I asked about my loaner car, and they said I was now #15.

After I called Corporate, I called the service manager (***) on Friday and left a very detailed message on 3/6 after 5 pm. He called me back on Monday at 4:10 pm and left a message asking how he could help me. By the time I got off work, he had already left for the day. On 3/9 at 9:30 or 10:00 am, *** called to tell me they had a new loaner car for me. Nine days later, I picked it up around 8:00 am. The next morning, 10/10, *** called me and said my car was ready. It took 10 days and cost $130.00 for a radiator cap, but the car still isn't fixed. The fan blower comes on as soon as you start the car.

I understand that things happen, but they didn't communicate anything to me until I called 3 times. It took 10 days. I have 3 coworkers, including my boss, who have all had bad experiences with Bill Collins Ford. If my car had been fixed after 10 days, I would be happy. There was no communication about the guys being out with the flu until I called. I also received an automated text on 2/29 that said I could communicate with ***, but I sent 16 text messages and received 0 responses. Horrible customer service! Horrible! And my car still isn't fixed!

Overview of Bill Collins Auto Group customer experience

Bill Collins Auto Group, as reported by numerous dissatisfied consumers, has garnered a reputation for various issues. Customers have expressed concerns regarding their experiences with this auto group, highlighting several negative aspects. Complaints range from poor customer service and unprofessional behavior to deceptive sales tactics and subpar vehicle quality. Many customers have expressed frustration with the lack of responsiveness and failure to address their concerns adequately. Additionally, there have been reports of misleading advertising and hidden fees, leaving customers feeling misled and dissatisfied. These recurring problems have led to a significant decline in customer trust and satisfaction with Bill Collins Auto Group.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Bill Collins Auto Group contacts