Best Choice MagazinesPaid for but haven't received subscriptions

C

I purchased in December 2006 and paid for by credit card 2 subscriptions which I have yet to receive, and it is the eve of June 2007. I have sent e-mails to their "customer service" address to which I have received no response. The local prosecutor in whatever state this company is located should go after it for fraud.

• Md
    MD LaGasse Nov 07, 2006

Ordered 4 magazines from this website (http://bestchoicemags.com/index.asp) and was charged within 1 week for them. Never have received any magazines, never any confirmation of the order. I have attempted several times to contact via e-mail and never received any reply. Web site has no phone number listed. Has been over 3 months since the order was placed.

• Ld
    L Dion Feb 07, 2007

I ordered 3 subscriptions as gifts on Nov 1 which the recipients have yet to receive delivery on (Feb 8th)

I sent two e-mail contacts, receiving a 'canned' response that my contact info was delivered, but have yet to receive a response.

And, I cannot find a phone number anywhere to contact them.

GRRRRR!!!

• Yz
    Y Zafar Mar 14, 2007

I ordered a one-year subscription in 11/06 and have yet to receive a single issue. The phone number listed on my credit card statement (718-637-1632) has a full voicemail box. This company is a scam.

• My
    My Lo Mar 19, 2007

This company scammed me too. I will try to get a refund from my credit card company. Also, I will file a complaint w/BBB. I suggest you do the same.

• My
    My Lo Mar 20, 2007

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about Best Choice Magazines. I suggest you take 5 minutes to file a complaint to shut this website down.

• Vl
    Vlad K. Mar 31, 2007

Ordered 4 magazines on Dec.13, 2006. No single issue received as on March 31, 2007. It's more than 3.5 months. Definitely something wrong with this company!

Christine M Apr 01, 2007

I agree with all of the comments here! I only wish that I had checked into this company prior to ordering. I was charged for a subscription and have still not received it after 4 months.

Hallie H Apr 01, 2007

I too renewed 2 magazines in 12/06. Am still waiting for them. I sent 2 emails to the website so far and am still waiting to hear back. This is the first time I have ever been ripped off by an internet company. I wish I had checked here first. The prices were great. I guess when something seems too good to be true it actually is...

Harold D. Hamilton Apr 02, 2007

I also placed an order with Best Choice Magazines on November 20, 2006 for three magazine subscriptions. Amazingly enough, two actually started up but the third one never did and the magazine Customer Service says they never received a subscription order. I'm going to take the above advice and contact the Better Business Bureau.

• La
    Lauren Schoener Apr 03, 2007

Best Choice Magazines - I ordered a 2 year subscription for Men's Health from Best Choice in NOVEMBER and they have yet to fill my order. I emailed them twice-once they said it was Men's Health's fault because they take a long time to fill the order-and the other time I never received anything. There is no number anywhere on the site. Worse thing is they have my credit card number and have taken the money!

Joseph Yang Apr 04, 2007

I ordered the magazines back in December. Still nothing. Thank god I found this site by googling the number. I will send that complaint with the BBB. Hopefully I will get my money back.

Andrew Apr 04, 2007

I have been waiting 4 weeks for a response to 8 e-mails and 2 voicemails I sent. I ordered my magazines over 16 weeks ago!

This company is a scam. File a complaint with the BBB and the FTC. This is complete Fraud! It is obvious this company is making money hand over fist by never sending out the actual products people pay for. Wesellmags.com = FRAUD!

Beware of bestchoicemags.com as well. Wesellmags is their parent company. Same address and website layout. Neither will actually send you what you pay for and neither will respond to e-mails or voicemails.

Good luck!

Mark Apr 04, 2007

Add me to the list of those that were scammed by BestchoiceMags. My credit card company reversed the charges and reimbursed me, but I'm still upset because my purchase was for as a christmas gift. 4 months later, I find out that this person hasn't received any of the magazines that were ordered. I've also contacted the BBB.

I will be sure to do better research before purchasing from these types of companies in the future.

Hallie H Apr 09, 2007

I just had my credit card company credit my account. I tried calling the 800 number listed at the BBB for this company but it was incorrect. Now I will file my complaint and be done with this mess.

Anne Marie Devoe Apr 09, 2007

I also placed an order with Best Choice Magazines on 11/29/06 for a magazine and have not received as of yet. But they did take my money. The web site does not give any contact numbers and I have emailed with no response.

• Sh
    Shelley Apr 09, 2007

I also have the same experience with Best Choice Magazines as everyone else. This is a scam. I will be contacting the BBB. I sent letters and several emails. No response.

• Da
    Dana L Apr 14, 2007

I ordered 3 magazines. I had not received any product after 15 weeks and I didn't receive any response to repeated email attempts. This company has no intention of filling orders and their website should be shut down. I was successful in getting my credit card company to issue a credit for the transaction; you might want to try the same.

I often order from internet sources and have not been burned before bu sites that seem legitimate. I'm posting this too in hopes it will assist someone else from avoiding an order with them.

• Me
    Mercie Malcomson Apr 15, 2007

I ordered a magazine from this company in December (Seventeen Magazine) I called and Seventeen states they never received the order. There is no telephone # to contact this company.

• Vi
    Vince Graham May 10, 2007

I purchased a subscription to the New Yorker Magazine on their web site on 11/1/06 and here it is May of 2007 and no magazine. These people are a bunch of con artists and rip off merchants. DO NOT BE FOOLED get your magazine subscriptions somewhere else

Antonia Boyle May 10, 2007

You can add me to the list. I ordered two years of New York magazine from Best Choice on January 18th and have yet to receive anything. I echo everything said above. Let's shut down these thieves! I buy a lot on the Internet and this is the only time I've been ripped off.

Janiece Theeke May 13, 2007

I made payment in January and have attempted many times to contact them and have received no response, subscription or refund.

anne McVeigh May 13, 2007

In Dec17,2006 Placed subscription to NEW YORKER mag and paid with credit card; got an order no. etc but never heard another word. These are scam artists. Stay away!

• Ph
    Phaedra Allen May 16, 2007

I echo everything said here. I just wish I would have looked up any complaints for this company PRIOR to making my order. I have been on them for 5 months now and have not received a single response to my 50+ emails. I finally sent in a complaint to BBB. DO NOT USE bestchoicemags.com!! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!

ann lucas May 18, 2007

Best Choice Magazines is absolutely crooked. However, if you pay with a credit card, you have recourse: your company will give you a credit, investigate, and either get satisfaction from the vendor or credit your account. It pleases me to think that Best Choice I am sure would prefer not to hear from any sort of investigator.

• Ra
    randy buchbinder May 24, 2007

Order placed and paid for on Oct. '06. Now May '07, never rec'd any issues.

• Da
    Daniel May 24, 2007

Same thing happen to me. No subscription was ever delivered and I ordered it in December. This is total ###!

• Ni
    Nina Elizabeth May 24, 2007

This sucks, i ordered by best friends Christmas present from here, it is now the end of may... What would you think if you were her!?

Jane D. Lewis May 30, 2007

Sent New Yorker mag. to my son for Christmas present --charged in nov. When I complained in Feb that he had not received it, they said they has misquoted and it would be an additional $10.00 which i FOOLISHLY authorized. I have not been able to contact them and this business is obviously a scam. Glad to know I am not the only idiot out there. It has now been 6 months.

• Si
    Simon Cardwell May 31, 2007

Could not agree more. I have contacted them threw their website many times and have never heard anything from them. ( 6 months now).

They are careful not to give a contact number to call them on. I have contacted Amex to start investigating these crooks. Sadly I think it's to late to go after the money but thanks for the tip!

I hope they suffer something horrible! -S

• Le
    Leong Chew Jun 16, 2007

Bestchoicemags.com is an absolute scam!!! Jack Coleman - SCAM, SCAM SCAM!!! Bestchoicemags.com has taken my money and run!!! After repeated attempts to contact Jack Coleman whose name is listed as the owner of the website, I have received no reply. Thus, it's my belief that Bestchoicemags.com is an absolute scam! Bestchoicemags.com took money from my credit card on December 14, 2006 and I have received no magazine or response in over 6 months!!!

Bestchoicemags.com is an absolute scam!!!

Angela Hines Jun 18, 2007

I too, ordered a magazine for a family member for the holidays. To date, my mother has not received on issue and repeated attempts to contact this company have been unsuccessful. Now I know why. Does anyone out their know what recourse we have to get our money back?

Should have ordered from Amazon and should have known this deal was too good to be true. Did I ever learn a good lesson.

• Me
    Megan Haverkorn Jun 18, 2007

Best Choice Magazines is a huge rip off!! Do not order anything for them, you'll never see your magazines! I ordered two magazine subscriptions from them in December as Christmas presents and have yet to see the magazines... it is now June 18! They also do not provide a phone number on their website so it's nearly impossibly to get in touch.

• Sl
    SLjacobucci Jun 20, 2007

I ordered two magazines on December 13, 2006 at bestchoicemags.com and never got them. I called American Express and they reversed the charges. I also contacted BBB. This week I got two email subscription renewal notices from Best Choice Magazines alerting me that I had 176 days left before my subscription ends and I should renew so I don't miss out on getting my magazines in a timely manner. What a joke!!! How insulting is that? Do they really think I would ever do business with them again! Oh, they can certainly keep track of magazine renewals but they can't keep track of the missing magazine once they have ripped you off of your hard earned money. You can't contact them period! Stay away from this company.

• Le
    leong tseng chew Jun 20, 2007

Best Choice Magazines is a scam. The dude has tried for years to fly under the radar by charging 50 to 70% of market rates and then pushing the credit card charges through, knowing full well that most people will shrug off a few mis-spent bucks.

Well, the dude's time is up as the complaints are now poring in. Sweet justice, dude. This is what you get, when you mess with us.

• Sl
    SLjacobucci Jun 20, 2007

I ordered two magazines almost a year ago and never got them. I called American Express and they reversed the charges. I also contacted BBB. This week I got two renewal notices from Best Choice Magazines. How insulting is that? Do they really think I would ever do business with them again? Oh, they can certainly keep track of magazine renewal but they can't keep track of the missing magazine once they have ripped you off of your hard earned money. You can't contact them period!!!

• Ri
    Richard Veit Jun 22, 2007

We ordered (and paid for) two magazine subscriptions. They were never delivered. They do not respond to emails. Seems to be a complete fraud.

• Au
    Austen Ward Jun 26, 2007

I placed an online order for a magazine six months ago that never arrived too.

• Ta
    Tanya Maxwell Jun 27, 2007

I ordered a magazine from this company in November 2006. It is now June 2006. I have made several attempts to contact the company to receive a refund with no response.

I would highly recommend not doing business with Best Choice Magazines.

• St
    Steve Stern Jun 29, 2007

Similar to others: Ordered a magazine, charged for it and never delivered. The only things I receive are renewal requests. And, the company's non-responsive to emails.

Hallie H Jul 02, 2007

I just received two email renewal notices about the magazines that they never sent me in the first place!! This website is really unbelievable.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices