Berg ManagementSlumlords!

These people are the biggest slumlords I have ever seen! It's bad enough trying to find a decent place to live on a limited income, but it's harder to survive when you are forced to live in a dump that the landlord refuses to repair, and drug dealers are your neighbors, but the landlords don't care. From day one it has been my worst nightmare. On the day I moved in the apartment was filthy and needed a lot of repairs (including mold). That was almost a year ago and I am still waiting for most things to be done in addition to new requests that have not been taken care of. Everytime I call, I always get a new excuse or the manager Katherine is giving me the brush off.
I have met some of my neighbors and others I am afraid of. They apparantly will let anyone live here because it's obvious that the neighbors I'm afraid of are dealing drugs. Plus there are other problems going on such as fights, loitering and noise disturbances. The neighbors I do speak with have also agreed that the landlords don't care about their tenants. Unfortunately, they own most of the city's apartments that many of us can afford, so we are stuck. My neighbors have appliances that don't work, and one neighbor didn't pay his rent, so they changed the locks so he couldn't get in. Any reputable landlord would know that is illegal, and it's very disturbing that they take advantage of unknowledgable tenants like that and treat the people who do pay their rent like crap- which is the same way they keep their properties looking.
I have already made complaints to the BBB and contacted all the possible organizations that assist tenants with their rights and try to put a stop to the reign of slumlords like Berg. I am moving in with a friend as soon as my lease is up and I hope their malpractice will stop so people who work hard but can't afford luxury can still live safely, clean, and not be taken advantage of.