Beltone Hearing AidsDeceptive advertising

K

Beltone puts out this full page ad in the newspaper day after day after day saying they want to "field test a remarkable new hearing instrument in the area..." It's only a sales pitch. They aren't "testing" anything. They are SELLING a very very expensive product and using technicians, not doctors or medical folks, to sell the products. You're talking $5, 000 for both ears and the technology - more if you want a warranty! I HATE scams and false advertising!

• Wh
    Whaaaaat Mar 11, 2016

Springfield Ohio Beltone issue resolved. After discussions they offered to refund $365 or extend warranty two years, which was acceptable. The main issue was the way the insurance provider handled their responsibility. Hearing aids tuned up and working better than before.

• Wh
    Whaaaaat Feb 23, 2016

Springfield Ohio Beltone stole $365 of my insurance refund after I paid the bill in full because the insurance paid less than they agreed to. It took 4 months for them to pay what they owed, which they sent to Beltone, who in turn added $365 worth of "service fees" to my paid in full bill and refunded less than what they owed me me. The Hearing aids and service are of poor quality for a $5000 set.

• Jm
    JMMN Jul 05, 2012

I would BET 300.00 you signed a Purchase Agreement and initialed it where it says.

• Ro
    roland deschambault Jun 28, 2012

I have tried your beltone hearing aid in Scarborough, maine. AFTER 28 DAYS of trying it, i had to return the hearing aid due to my wife dentel work of $10, 000. They kept $300. for services. This was NEVER explain to me before, i told them that i could only try the hearing aid if it was free like all other HEARING AID CO. They said '' Dont worry everything will just BE fine " . I am a retired 71 year old man on a FIXED INCOME . I cannot aford $ 300. How can i get my MONEY back . I plan on buying these $7, 000. hearing aid later Once my wife is back on her feet ! THANK YOU, ROLAND D. DESCHAMBAULT AT [email protected]

• Ka
    Kate Mar 17, 2011

That's all well and good. Doesn't change the fact that the advertising is deceptive - like something special is going on - they just want to get you in and sell you the hearing aid. I can shop around for a hearing aid without that kind of advertising! The price is the same whether or not the advertised special testing is going on or not!

• Le
    Leah Marie Mar 03, 2011

It's odd that you are complaining. I have had great experience at Beltone and they did provide me a three year warranty (included) when I purchased my hearing aids. In fact, they put the devices on me and I was able to wear them over the weekend. I could hardly believe how much better I heard in church that Sunday. I shopped around first and learned that a good device will costs thousands of dollars - but that's what comparable models cost at the other places I checked.