Classic Country Land Red River Ranches In TexasRip-off

O

They advertised a tract of land as ready to build on with "turn key" utilities, including a septic tank. What they DIDN'T DO is bother to find out that the existing septic tank cannot be used without all the paperwork of when it was installed, by who, where the permit was purchased etc. So now, we no longer HAVE a property ready to move onto and they are keeping our $499 ( $299 plus $200 closing costs) with a " I'm sorry for your bad luck." attitude. They didn't even know the law regarding prior homesites. And they have been in business this long? Come ON!
It took them almost a week just to get our contract to us as they didn't even have the legals from the surveyor back, but they were more than happy to take our money.
I will be seeking a lawyer regarding this matter... false advertisement, they also sold us the land under false pretenses. Ready to move onto my foot... have to remove the OLD septic and THEN put a new one in...that IS NOT TURN KEY AND READY TO BUILD ON... which is the ONLY reason we bought THAT particular tract to begin with.

BUYER BEWARE

Angela Lee Sep 18, 2018

I would like to contact the people who believe their purchase from this company was not as presented to them. Have friends that bought. I can be reached at [email protected]

Angela Lee Sep 18, 2018

I am interested in the people who believe they were ripped off buying land thru this company contacting me. Have friends who recently bought and its obvious they didnt realize what they were getting into, including with the 'mortgage' which turns out to be a land contract. I can be reached at [email protected] Thank you.

• De
    DeannaC Mar 12, 2019

@Angela Lee I would like to speak with you about my "experience" with Classic Country Land. [email protected]

• Cl
    Clint Spry Jun 26, 2016

BBB Accreditation
    A BBB Accredited Business since 06/27/2006
    BBB has determined that Classic Country Land meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.

BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
    THIS IS WHY THEY HAVE A TRIPLE A RATING. THE ABOVE CAME DIRECTLY FROM THE BBB WEB SITE.

• Ti
    TimWolf Mar 01, 2016

experiences do not reflect what I found with this company! I am now buying my 2nd piece of land from Classic Country Land. Just as with the first sale, I got exactly what was described. In fairness, I knew what to expect from the second tract since we already live next to it on the first tract they sold us. They have been great folks to work with and I was thrilled to be able to double my land size!

• TexasTouchRealty Apr 27, 2014

I am a realtor here in Texas and I have a client that is interested in purchasing 10+ acres through a company called Lands of America, LLC based out of Austin, Texas. Here is the property listed:

Can any if you advise if the particular company is the same as the ones you folks have felt with? Accordingly to the Austin BBB they have an A- BBB rating that was back in August 6, 2008. I would appreciate any help you all might offer. Please let me know. I will be checking responses on here.

• Scott wigginton is a scammer and so is his fraud company Texas land company, onlinelandsales, classic country land

• Se
    selahadams Sep 05, 2012

They also list themselves as: Lands of America. We need to all get together and take this to court. I'm working on this as much as I can handle. My email is: [email protected]'s do this people.

• Se
    selahadams Sep 05, 2012

We were also ripped off by this Classic country Land. They sold us land knowing we had a motor home, but was told we would have to sell the motor home and build with in one year. They are land flippers and should be locked up in prison.

• On
    Onepistwoman Mar 03, 2011

Although this business has an A+ rating, if you check them out on the Dallas BBB website, they have had other complaints as well.