Bbv Discount Booksunauthorized charges

Two months in a row, my credit card has been charged a $9.95 charge. I want my money back immediately!

• Jl
    jlgastle Feb 23, 2010

i have had unauthorized charges automatically taken from my checking account. The dates of these transactions are 12/28/09, 1/27/09, and 2/24/09. The amount of each transaction was $9.95 each time. On two of these occasions, my checking account was overdrawn and i was charged a $39.00 insufficient funds fee. At this time, I will expect my account to be credited in the amount of $107.85. If i have no response from you within 30 days, I will pursue legal action.

Date of complaint 2/24/10.

Electronically signed,

Jeannie Gastle

MabelLamb Feb 25, 2010

Company continued to charge 9.98 a month for an internet purchase I made until I complained. Then they said it was a membership fee that was included on their order form. Very shifty business practices and they have no contact address.

• Jr
    jr30 Feb 25, 2010

Yes, they just did the same thing to my account. They have taken a $1.oo and a $9.95 unauthorized transactions from my account.

Margaret Ayres Mar 02, 2010

I have $19.95 taken from my bank account monthly and I cannot afford it. Could you please tell me what this is for.

I am 73 years of age and do not read as much as I did when I was younger my eyes are not that good. Please e mail me and let me know or phone me at (609) 586 7515 after 6pm.

thank you so much for your cooperation on this matter.

Margaret Ayres
    98 Gates Mill Court
    Hamilton NJ 08690

Margaret Ayres Mar 02, 2010

I have 19.95 taken from my bank account every month and I donot know why. I am 73 years old and I donot read as mucn now as I did a few years ago.

I cannot afford this and would like to have it stopped.

Please e mail me with the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Margare Ayres

• Mr
    Mrs.Herndon10 Mar 05, 2010

I recently discovered that I too had a charge of 9.95. I sent in a request for 2 free books and 2 free gifts. Then later I was charged 9.95. I don't get it.

• Wa
    Wanda Dunn Mar 13, 2010

yes they have the same to, account. they have taking two unauthorized transactions from my account, one for $17, 95 and one for $9.95wld

• Al
    allison Stormes Mar 15, 2010

I have been charged three separate times at $9.95 each time and would like to discontinue my monthly membership or whatever is causing these charges and be credited the $29.85 back to my account because it was not made clear that charges would be taken out monthly.

Martha Kitchen Mar 17, 2010

Hello, What the heck gives. I have not bought books from you nor do I intend too. Foe 2 months I've been charged 9.95 for books I have not received. Where do you get off charging my account for them.. I expect the money to be put back into my account or I'll contact my lawyer within one week.Not Sincerely Martha Kitchen

• Cm
    C. Miller Mar 19, 2010

Ordered book before Christmas, 2009 for which I was rightfully charged $9.11. Was charged again on 12/29/2009 a fee of $9.95 which I was told was in error. Was charged $9.95 again on 1/20/2010, 2/22/2010 and a pending charge for 3/22/2010. There was no information on their website regarding a monthly "fee" to join; this MUST be stopped!!!

• Pe
    pety Mar 21, 2010

I have had the same experience, unauthorized charges monthly after one purchase, Wanda or jr30, did either of you get a response to your complaint ?

Jim L. Maryland

• Sl
    slugbug Mar 22, 2010

Do not order books from this company! Very deceptive. If you are a first time buyer you get a deal where you don't have to pay shipping and get a $5 discount on your order. When you check out, somewhere in the check-out page is an agreement that states by placing this order you are signing up for their membership which costs $9.95 each month. They also hit you up with random $1 charges. You will have to call them to get off of their membership. Argh!

• Kb
    Kbon Mar 28, 2010

I am experiencing the same problem and am in the process of trying to recover my 'membership fees'. They are refunding one months payment as a 'courtesy' to me. Buyer BEWARE do not order from this website.

• Pe
    Peanut2 Apr 15, 2010

BBV Disocount Books Phone # 1-866-707-5858 Address P.O. 810365 Boca Raton,
    FL. zip 33481 Call them today!! I did!! Stay on it!! don't let up!

• Uw
    Uwgagrl Apr 22, 2010

Same thing happened to me!! I did not sign up for a membership nor did I need one. I was charged $9.95 for two months before realizing they were charging my account. I called 1-888-646-1662 and talked to a representative. She said that I did sign up for it when I accepted the free shipping; however, it said nothing about a membership!! I argued with her for a minute then asked her to send me proof where I had accepted this membership. She was silent, so I proceeded to ask her for a reimbursement in which I was FINALLY given. My credit card should be reimbursed the $19.90 it was charged within the next two billing cycles. These people are crooks!

• Gi
    gigizoso Apr 27, 2010

About a month ago i purchased a book from the BBV Discount books website and they decided, without my knowledge, to sign me up for a trial period of seven days. At the end of that seven days i am suppose to either cancel it, or keep it and pay $10 a month. Had i been aware of this i would have never ordered anything from their site. Also, they signed me up for something called Rebate Giant. I have never heard of this. when i saw this charge on my statement i immediatley called the customer service number. The rep was very friendly and helpful with cancelling these things. And i got that $10 refunded back on my card. Even though she was helpful, i should have never of had to have gone through all this. I will not be ordering from them again.

• Jc
    jcav May 18, 2010

I ordered a couple books from them in March. I paid for them. In April I find noe that they took $9.95 and now Just Yesterday they took another $9.95. I called and asked about this they claim that this is a monthly charge for buying books. I told her to cancel this which she did and I also requested that they return my money. She said she would return the one from this time but it might take up to two billing cycles. The number I called is 1-866-707-5858 for anyone that needs to have this stopped. My only problem is I feel I should get the other one back also I never ordered or even logged on to this site after I got the books that I paid for.

• Me
    mecb Jun 26, 2010

They were advertising an out of print book that i had not been able to find anywhere else. So i took the bait, entering enough information for them to mail it to me. But they didn't have the book. Instead they began charging me a monthly "membership" fee. For what? When i tried to cancel, they asked for all kinds of additional bank informaiton. I am now attempting to stop the charges -- after six months -- by placing a block on my account.

• Ca
    candyparish Jul 05, 2010

i would like my money back in my backing right now. i am never using this book place again

• Ca
    candyparish Jul 05, 2010

you took 9.98 out of my bank and i didnt even buy anything that was that price so i would like it back now

• Kk
    KKMBG Jul 15, 2010

Here is the number I used to complain to BBV. 1-866-7075858. I got some of my money refunded and they cancelled the membership which I did not authorize. Had I known about the complaints I would have never done business with them.
    Good Luck!

• Ph
    Phyllis Robisch Jul 25, 2010

Unauthorized charges have been deducted from my debit account,
    June 28, $1.00, June 28 $9.95 and July24 $9.95. How do I go abount having these credited back to my account. I will not order any more books from this company. I need action this matter ASAP.

Jane R. Onessimo Aug 05, 2010

I have two bill on my credit card for $9.95. Thank you Jane R. On essimo

• La
    lacrum Sep 13, 2010

Same thing here. I was charged an extra $9.95 right after I was charged for the book I had ordered. I never signed up for any membership. I am calling them tonight and better be getting a refund. I will never order from these scammers again!

• Le
    leith Sep 16, 2010

I too just noticed a 19.90 charge on my credit card for nothing I have bought. Thanks for the phone number I will call, plus notify better buisness bureau and the FBI.

• Kc
    kcroda Sep 17, 2010

I ordered a book for 3.99 with a $1.00 shipping which automatically signed me up for a "membership" that had a 7 day trial. After that they took 9.95 a month until a noticed the charges!!!

They did refund all but one $9.95 charge, but I'm usually really careful, so that print must have been pretty fine!!

• Da
    dahl lehman Oct 26, 2010

Same 9.95 charge showed up on my credit card. Was very happy to find their phone # of this site. I did call and cancel. At that time they told me I'd also signed up for Rebate Giant, which I was totally unaware of. She did give me cancellation numbers and was polite. Stuck with the first 9.95 charge but glad to be out of it! Thanks.

madmacmom Oct 29, 2010

I just got a 9.95 monthly membership charge as well. I too am really careful about agreeing to things and fine print. I luckily caught it the first day it was billed and spoke to a rep who agreed to refund the charge and cancel the membership. Really odd, I never received any membership information.

• Kj
    kjk08 Nov 02, 2010

I ordered books for a bible study my church was doing four months ago for a total of 14.27 since then I have been charged 9.95 a month for the past four months since then and just caught it. I Have my Bank statements to prove this my bank as since cancelled my account but I will be pursuing further action to get my 40.00 back. Shame on you and this Book site needs to be shut down.

• St
    Stephani Rochelle Nov 23, 2010

I just had the same experience w/ this company. I ordered 1 book, and thought I was getting a great deal because the book was only about $6. Little did I know they would charge $41 to my account. I would have never ordered anything from them had I known this was going to be the outcome. In the beginning I didn't know what this charge was for; I just kept seeing there was a pending debit on my acct. It wasn't until I googled the pending name on my acct that I realized what I was. I immediately canceled the acct, and called for the to re-credit my acct. Needless to say I WILL NOT be using them again, and urge no one else to use them...

• Je
    jecollier Dec 01, 2010

I ordered a book from BBV Discount Books and was charged a $1 activation fee plus two $9.95 charges for "membership." This "membeship" is mandatory if you want to order from them. I called them and was told that it was clearly stated that by buying I was agreeing to this "membership." They did refund the charges as a ourtesy? So I e-mailed the Better Business Bureau (http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/) in South Florida where this outfit is located. All they did was forward my complaint to BBV Discount Books and they e-mailed me with this outfit's canned response. And the BBB asked if I was satisfied with their response. I said no and the same process was repeated. How useless is that?? This is BBV Discount Books latest response:

"Membership is optional, can customer can choose to order items without promotional discount on member prices and pay for shipping and handling. Mr. Collier elected to continue with purchase with trial offer and authorized membership by acknowledging that he accepted and read the terms of offer that were outlined before the order submit button during the checkout process. Email notification of membership was also sent to the email address provided at the time the order was placed. There was no communication from Mr. Collier until November 5, 2010 when he contacted our customer service department per his request membership was canceled and courtesy refund issued. "

When I bought the book it was not clear that I was signing up for something I absolutely don't want.
    I wanted the BBB to make BBV Discount Books to stop this practice. They didn't do anything.

Don''t do business with this corrupt organization!!

• Ci
    CindyZ55 Dec 24, 2010

This company is using the same deceptive bait/switch with a free shipping offer turning into a trial membership. I didn't realize the charges were appearing until this month which means this is the 4th month of my so-called membership. I called and will get 2 months refunded - the rep said he would suggest a 3d month refund as a generous act on the company's part but definitely acted like it was the company doing me a "favor". I must say I did screw up not checking my cc statement more carefully (unfortunately I buy a number of books online - but have flagged bbv discount books as a NEVER again vendor) and perhaps I did miss the asterisk relating to the trial membership. I've checked out their website again to see how the free shipping offer is still showing and there is an asterisk - buyer beware!!! Unfortunately, I don't believe the Better Business Bureau will do anything nor will the company, they obviously KNOW this is a problem and have kept the same bait/switch free offer going hoping for more of us to be quick to buy & slow to read the super-fine print. Even if they only get the $1.00 sign up and the first month's $9.95 membership, the company is pulling in some substantial money. BLOCK THIS COMPANY, NEVER USE IT AGAIN!!!

• Do
    Dori Lee Dec 27, 2010

I want to thank you for this information - YES this just happened to me as well except I was charged $9.95 3 times and just received cancellation and credits.
    This is terrible that they can automatically do this from Amazon!

CTF Dec 27, 2010

I have been charged the past two months $9.95 as well and I wasn't expecting to get on the site and find that everyone else has too. So, obviously something is happening with this site. I bought books from textbooks.com and rented them too, but now I noticed the second charge from my account. I cannot afford an extra $10 for nothing, I'm a college student working full time!!
    Courtney F.

CTF Dec 27, 2010

Why was my Credit Card charged?
    You purchased a product and if you agreed, a membership for BestBrandValues on our website. You should have received an order confirmation email at the time of purchase. You also should have received a Welcome email if you joined our BestBrandValues membership program. If you do not have these, click the buttons above to view your membership or purchase details.

Why do I have multiple charges?
    For your convenience, BestBrandValues renews your account monthly until you cancel. For more information, click on the links above to view your membership or purchase details.

How can I stop my Credit Card from being charged?
    Click on the Cancel Membership button above and fill in the Cancellation Form. Once you've canceled, you will not be billed again after the date of your cancellation.

CTF Dec 27, 2010

DO THIS AND IT SHOULD WORK FOR YOU!!!
    OK another post from me and hopefully the last. I called 1-866-707-5858 selected option 3 to cancel my membership in which I found out I accidentally joined when I ordered from this site and to recieve my book. I misunderstood and accepted the terms to receive my book with out realizing that I was becoming a member of BBV. So call the number and there is no fee to cancel. I selected the option to speak with a real operator. GOOD LUCK

• Da
    Darcijean Feb 02, 2011

This discount book website took and extra 1.00 above the amount of the book and started charging me 9.95 everymonth from my checking account for what I don't know and I have been unable to get my money back or stop them from doing it. UGH

• Ih
    IHateRipoffs Feb 28, 2011

I have been charged $9.95 for the last 5 months. I called and demanded that they refund the $49.75 they have taken without authorization. I never saw anything about a membership during the checkout process and not a word that the shipping was free only if you joined. Why would I want to join - join what? I bought a book - that's it. I don't buy memberships for this sort of thing and never would have knowingly done so. This is extremely deceptive and this site needs to be shut down. I don't think that the Fla. BBB has any intention of protecting consumers. I'm sure they are receiving some sort of "support" from the owners of this site - it is south florida.
    I recommend that everyone contact the Boca Raton district attorney and file a complaint. With any luck none of the ADA's will be related or friends with the owners of this scam site. They know it is shady since they are very quick to refund 2 months of charges - most people probably accept that and go away. They also make the generous offer to review your claim so that you might receive a 3rd month refund. Beyond that they won't even acknowledge that you were charged. They are stealing from hundreds if not thousands of people every month. If they only hit 5000 people for $9.95 a month that is almost $50k and I am sure that they are hitting much more than 5000 people. I would not be surprised if they were taking in well over $100k per month - $1.2million a year - stolen right out of your bank accounts and it could be much higher than that. Who knows how many years this has been going on. You should also file a complaint with the FTC and FBI.

• Pp
    PPG Mar 03, 2011

It took me two months to realize I had joined this "club." I called them and spoke with a representative who cancelled the membership but did not refund the $19.90. My mistake for not reading the fine print, but I feel it was deceptive nevertheless.

• Wa
    wants her money Mar 10, 2011

On 2-26-11 I ordered two quilting books from BBV DISCOUNT BOOKS for the sum of $31.03 at that time they also added a charge of $1.00 no reason they just took it from my account (it was a seperate charge).Then again on 3-4-11 I found a $9.95 charge on my checking account that I did not authorize. I want my account credited the $10.95 and I want in writting that there will be no more unauthorized withdrawals on my account. I will be contacting my states attorney generals office on these charges and asking them to assist me in my complaint.