Baymont Inn & SuitesI was charged for a room I did not reserve..or use!

My family and I stayed at the Baymont on Battlefield in Springfield Mo Friday October 4th.. I reserved four rooms on my credit card. Upon check in, two of the rooms were paid for my my children, and two of the rooms were to be charged to my card. Upon return home, I noticed I had been charged for three rooms. I called to get it straightened out and was told upon further investigation that I had signed for the additional room and key cards were programmed for the room..and since they had no way of knowing if the room had been used or not, that they couldn't refund my card. I do not know how my signature got on the registration for the room in question.. I signed for ONE room, and got cards for ONE room...not TWO. The second room charged to my card was for my son and grandchildren, and he signed for it when he arrived, and got the key cards for that room. I'm not sure what is going on here, but I DID NOT KNOWINGLY SIGN FOR TWO ROOMS! I would appreciate it if you would look into this. I have always been satisfied with Baymont, but this incident is very disappointing.
Thank you for your time.
Rosemary Stoll